Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD isn't booting up.

FreakyMako
FreakyMako Member Posts: 8
edited February 2023 in Ask the Community

Hello!

Im currently having a problem when launching the steam version of DBD.

Here's what happens:

When i click on the "Play" button on steam it starts loading and shows me this easy anti-cheat splashscreen (image right below),

it gets completed and once completed the image stays there for a good 10s then it closes and a few seconds after the steam "Play" button which had turned to "Stop" from clicking on it once goes back to "Play" and nothing happens.

I've been having this issue alot ever since i came back to the game after a break, i had to reinstall the game when coming back so this is a fresh install there was a single update in between but it was happening even before the update. Im not sure about this but when i reboot my pc half of the time the first time i launch it after the reboot it works and lets me play but after closing it, it just does the same thing for the rest of the time.

Sorry for the wall of text but i hope i gave enough information

Edit: Yes i've tried the "checking the integrity of the game files" options on this countless of time no it does not work.

Thats about it if anyone had a similar issues or someone knows the fix to this please share!

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

This sounds like a windows or Steam problem kinda?

so I would try to deinstall DbD/Steam completely and then freshly install those. If that doesn’t work, fresh windows installation?

sorry for not being able to help further, maybe by bumping this Someone who can help better sees it though

• FreakyMako

Its from a fresh instal it bugged out even when installed, im not sure what to do but reinstalling windows im not sure i will do that

• FreakyMako

welp it started to do it again for a while it stopped but now its back idk whats going on

• Wildfire664
    Wildfire664 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'm having the same issue, how did you go about solving it, if you did at all.