im going to do an experement online in solo que

09SHARKBOSS
09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,281

im going to teach people how to do well in solo que

Comments

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,281

that is a fair point but im going to make a group post and teach people by getting into games with them and telling them to turn off mics when in game

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,859

If we may request a recording? That would seem entertaining to watch.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

I don't know if it's realistically something you can ever "teach". You can't teach game sense, which people, including your teammates often lack, which is THE most important thing in the game.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

I think it is definitely something that can be taught, for example by pointing out the things they should pay attention to and explaining the thought processes that go into the decision making of what to do next.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226
    edited May 2023

It can be taught. I've had to do it a lot. The big sticking point tends to be the fact that the pub survivor meta is actually not effective at all if the killer is any good, and there aren't really any resources out there for optimal survivor macro. We're just now seeing youtube content for tile check spots. There's still not a guide ( at least none I've ever seen) about spacing, pre-positioning, chase location, etc. Most survivors, even really high hour ones, massively struggle when they transition to comp because they've never even thought about macro beyond absolute basics.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612
    edited May 2023

I don't know is agree. I agree that what you said are parts of game sense, but it's all relative to your current match, and telling someone to look out for that isn't game sense building.

Like let's take an example - end game face camping so a killer tries to secure a kill. There's multiple pathways to forming a decision, right? If you're attempting to save alone and you're fine with a hook trade, does that killer have stbfl? It's almost so subtle during normal gameplay for people unfamiliar with it or timings.

"oh if the killer has 8 stacks it's near impossible because they will recover in X amount of time quicker" but only if you're not the obsession where they lose stacks is so loaded, and if you have dead hard active be sure to use it on time, and watch out for the bait. What's this mean to 300 hour joe schmoe who didn't even notice stbfl in chase. Game sense in general is something you build up over time, and too complicated to realistically ever teach someone because they need to experience something themselves to actually put into practice.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

The students obviously would have to learn other parts of the game themselves such as recognising perks and yes, that will come over time, no question, and the game sense itself will also become better over time, especially if there is some sort of understanding or foundation in the first place.

Teaching the decision making process for scenarios might not cover every possibility but it will still improve the game sense massively when starting from zero.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I tried showing my aura to teammates to help them find and do gens (Situational Awareness perk), come to me for healing (Empathic Connection), be efficient at sending someone to rescue me from the hook (Kindred), and know which exit gate I'm opening (Wake Up)...

It backfired, completely and utterly. My teammates constantly used this info to save their own necks and ditch the killer on me. 0 Wake Up value, as I was either sandbagged out of the match or we all died before then. When the match fell apart, hatch wasn't even an option for me as the other injured survivor knew exactly where to run to make sure no one escaped.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

As someone regularly using killers this is highly appreciated. Especially the part where mics are turned off. 😍

• Cyber686
    Cyber686 Member Posts: 64

best of luck to you

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

or don't bother because it will all be in vain and do it all after playing SWF or Killer, bhvr says that (with the actions) after they nerfed Solo q xDD come on hehe NERFING SOLO Q 😂