Another game of being Tunneled and Hook Camped

Options

I really wish I could have fun playing survivor. But every Killer seems to really suck at playing the game that they have to resort to tunneling and camping. Behavior needs to do something about the state of the game and the toxic way killers play.

Comments

• Iamtheonlysalad
    Iamtheonlysalad Member Posts: 19
    Options

It's not about losing guys. It is about how every single game I get into. It is either my teammate or me getting tunneled from the start. How much fun is it to be hook camped and when your teammates finally get you off hook the killer does anything in their power to go for the unhooked person. That is just a toxic way to play. I'm not defending the jerk survivors that tbag and click their flashlights. But the fact that killers that aren't good at playing have to resort to playing super toxic by tunneling and camping. MMR needs to change to let the less skilled killers to get a tad easier lobbies.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,491
    Options

First off, meaningless us vs them.

Second off, whilst camping and tunneling is easy; it's often the most effective strategy. People who recognize that and exploit it don't "suck".

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

It's insane what people notice as toxic in a game where the normal gameplay is to hung up people on a hook for sacrifice process, can get executed by a mori, can bleed out after 4 minutes, and so on. 

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

Then play killer!

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 448
    Options

The killer's that suck are the one that don't regularly use the most effective strategies, tunneling and camping FACTS

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

No, that's your opinion. It doesn't make it a fact.

Do I need to leave an explanation on the forums on the difference between opinions and facts?

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

Both sides play in very unfun ways. I hate tunneling/camping (early) as much as the next but both sides are ruining this game right now. Everyone acts like DBD is this competitive million dollar tournament game and it's just not. There is too much of a difference in power between killers and way to much rng for it to be. Everyone wants to be a comp sweat lord and the devs fed into it with mmr.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

I was facecamped by Bubba yesterday. I stayed on the hook, for my team's sake, so they could finish gens. One by one, they came to my hook to see what was happening and then sat there and watched him watch me, close enough to negate the killer's hook proximity penalty. At that point I sped up the sacrifice.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

When you are having troubles with almost every aspect of the game instead of just some rather dull ones, it might be on you.

Teabagging has nothing to do with sucking at the game, it is pure disrespect and meant as an insult, but devs decided to ignore such things.

Also yeah, lots of survivors also suck at the game, but they usually dont escape, even though they use brand new parts, or predrop pallets. However, if you are having troubles with almost every aspect of the game instead of just some rather dull ones, it might be on you.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    edited May 2023
    Options

So are you telling me to lose instead? Any other course of action will inevitably result in a 0K and 4 man escape for the survivors. I'm only being reasonable here, camping and tunneling are logical conclusions to these circumstances.

• Sakura1954
    Sakura1954 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2023
    Options

tunneling = part of the game. Camping = part of the game. Both ways are bad, but they are part of the game, when will people understand that? They are core elements of the game. These things are simply part of it

• NoHookDC
    NoHookDC Member Posts: 234
    Options

It's only OK when Survivors tunnel and camp gens, which they insist does not exist.

When Killers try to win = 'Toxic', 'Unfun', and whatever new buzzword they invent.

When Survivors try to win = Game working as intended. Git gud Killers. Etc.

When Killers use META perks = Perks are OP. Perks are crutch. Killers are abusing them. Fix them before Survivors quit.

When Survivors use META perks = Perks are fine. It's good that they are popular. Don't change them or Survivors will quit.

• ScarletSRSLY
    ScarletSRSLY Member Posts: 2
    Options

Honestly I don't mind being Tunnelled or Camped by Killers - it just means my Team can get more gens done while they're focused on my Mediocre Ass 🤣♥️xx

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

If your dying, the killers are doing just fine. Try working on your stealth and chase breakaways.

• TonyXSplash
    TonyXSplash Member Posts: 72
    Options

Tunneling is fine because you show your skill into running the killer and buying your team enough time to do gens. Camping is a very unfair strategy because you can freeze the survivor in one place and they can’t help their team in any way.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,491
    edited May 2023
    Options

The game isn't as hopeless as you've described.

You need to try to re-learn how to play Killer if you lose 3 gens a chase and then facecamp/hard tunnel for a 1K every game.

Unless, of course, you simply enjoy playing that way. That's fine too, I suppose.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 217
    Options

If you camp and tunnel then that's fine don't justify how you play the game to please survivors who don't like killers not playing by their 'rule book'

You pay your money play as you please

Survivors seem to forget killer is there to kill survivors. By any means necessary.

The clue is in the name.

• StrangeGuy
    StrangeGuy Member Posts: 48
    Options

Play the killers and don't use camping and tunneling (exception: punishing BM-survivors). You'll be proud to be part of a community that makes our game feel healthier and less sweaty.

It will make you feel better. You'll get good karma and mood <3

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    Options

If I'm playing as killer and I'm already losing near the end of the match, my last resort will usually be tunneling and camping. But that's why I often bring Bloodwarden.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

"But the fact that killers that aren't good at playing have to resort to playing super toxic by tunneling and camping. "

You keep stating this as though it's a fact, but it's most definitely not. Many of the top players camp and tunnel - have a look at just about every streamer as an example (and yes, I know that streamers are a definite minority just an example).

Just because you don't like their perfectly legitimate tactics doesn't mean that your opponent isn't good at the game.