Incorrect/False Account Suspended message.

RichardCarter
RichardCarter Member Posts: 82
edited May 2023 in Bug Reporting

Xbox Series S. Being idle for a long period of time (though I don't know the specifics) will boot me to the main menu. It first says that the game was suspended for being idle or someone else is using my BHVR account. Reconnecting gives a failed network issue. Trying a 2nd time produces a message saying they my BHVR account is permanently suspended. Cloud ID appears N/A. It continues this until the game is restarted, and then it is fixed and I'm allowed to play again.

Gave me a serious heart attack the first time it happens and it's been happening a lot since the most recent bugfix patch.

Update 1: Started causing this problem directly after a match as well. Could be concerned since this could happen in the middle of the match as well.

Update 2: I haven't had this issue occur since the mid chapter, but other people are experiencing this issue mid-game and idle so it's still a problem that needs to be looked into.

Post edited by RichardCarter on
4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• careyradio
    careyradio Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Did that to me tonight on my PS4. I was very confused.

• RichardCarter

UPDATE: This started to happen directly after a match. Was spectating the other teammates after escaping and the game booted me off and proceeded to do the same thing. This concerns me because this means it could happen in the middle of a match.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203
    edited April 2023

This has happened to me three times over the past few weeks. It just happened to me mid match and I was booted to the main menu and had to reload the game.

Edit to specify I'm on PS5

• RichardCarter

Crap that's really bad. I'd probably recommend restarting the game every several hours just in case? Still needs to be looked into.

• Kumoati
    Kumoati Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Also just hit me on PS5 in the middle of a match. Mid-generator repair with another survivor and it kicks me to main screen. Same exact three messages as op.

Super confusing since I’m fairly new to the game and always play the objective, never rage quit, and try to be a fair killer.

• toughluckman_
    toughluckman_ Member Posts: 15

Yes this happened to me as well right now on PS5. Kicked me out of match, got error message "This game session is not available" or something like that, then complained about being idle too long (I wasn't). Then got error message "This account has been permanently banned". I almost got a heart attack. 😭😭😭

• ookii
    ookii Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2023

Just got the same issue on the PS5. Clearly not fixed. I was mid game and actively running to a generator.

"Your session has expired. This can happen if you have left your game idle for an extended period, or if your BHVR Account is in use on another device"