What's up with the matchmaking ban on a disconnect

Kieryn_
Kieryn_ Member Posts: 7
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

Haven't played in a couple months and I get disconnected from my second match and now I'm banned for 23 hours?

Is this just normal now

Edit: decided to load it back up and now I'm no longer banned so it is potentially a random glitch that's sorted itself out 🤷‍♂️

Post edited by Kieryn_ on

Comments

• Kieryn_
    Kieryn_ Member Posts: 7

Nope I just play games out if it's a lost cause just another crappy dbd feature I guess

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

If you only disconnected twice, last I heard that was something hackers were doing to streamers. Never saw report of it happening to non-streamers, but I don't see why it couldn't.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

This may have been over a year ago.

BHVR had to disable the matchmaking ban at one point, because they didn't have an immediate fix for streamers. That eventually led to Fog Whisperers being granted matchmaking ban immunity. Hackers then took to holding games hostage, which eventually led to BHVR instituting a 60-minute match timer.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

X to doubt.

• B3NJ4M1N
    B3NJ4M1N Member Posts: 6

This just happened to my buddy. He's newer and he accidentally started a match before I joined up with him so he dc'd. Literally first ever matchmaking ban and it's over 16 hours

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

It's either some sort of hack, perhaps? Otherwise it's an error you should report to BHVR; the 2 months away was because you had a massive ban prior to it which ticks down overtime; or this is made up.

Whichever it is, BHVR are the ones to speak to if you have a legitimate concern with it. They will know far more about this than anything you tell us.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

They need to just deactivate the ban. Hackers have manipulated it. If people quit because the killer camped or tunneled so be it. That’s really inconsequential. There’s just excuse for these outrageous bans due to hackers.