We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Killers, would you tunnel the key user if you see one?

Options
Phin
Phin Member Posts: 13

I rarely see any key user nowadays but some of its aura reading add-on are quite useful so I was wondering if it's because killers still tunnel out the key user first.

Killers, would you tunnel the key user if you see one? 24 votes

Yes. Key user must die.
4%
GhoulNative 1 vote
No. I don't really care.
83%
IWasLrft2DieAetherBytesChordycepsFFirebranddUndershotMarc_go_soloLunarApocJustWhimsicalsizzlingmario4CursedPersonJudithMorelHugTheHagShroudedGhostFacesaneesImagineDavidhalcyondays93SeaFlowerphaelCorvusCorax86isxbella 20 votes
No. I won't tunnel but I'll make sure they don't make it to the endgame.
12%
MrPenguintenoresaxWampirita 3 votes

Comments

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options
    No. I don't really care.

I used to tunnel keys any time I saw them, but that was back under the old Hatch rules. New keys are just whatever. Medkits and tool boxes are stronger than keys now.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,323
    Options
    No. I don't really care.

I did with old keys but not anymore.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    edited April 2023
    Options
    No. I won't tunnel but I'll make sure they don't make it to the endgame.

i usually don't give a damn about who brings what item, but sadly key users tend to just hide in corners and letting their teammates die. When not seeing the key user for longer time, i will try to find them. I won't force them out of the game immidiately, but i will remind them to take part in the match. I definitely don't want them as the last standing

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

Actually, if I see someone bring a key I assume they have one of the key-related tomes - some of which are borderline impossible to get. So I give them a pass and kinda go out of my way to communicate that I want them to get their goddamn challenge done. If they just need to escape they usually hop right in. - If they stand there like a lemming with their key in their hand I go ahead and close it so they can open it with the key if they have to.

The cases where someone brought a key for aura reading are.... so few that I rather expect someone to bring a key just to get rid of the clutter than to actually use the key......

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    Options
    No. I don't really care.

Old hatch rules you had to tunnel key users.

New rule its never been used for hatch in my games

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    No. I don't really care.

I picked "No, I don't care." but want to explain.

I don't care from a killer's perspective (I'm fine with them escaping if I can achieve a 3K), however, key is a rarity which means the person is probably doing the key challenge / achievement. I have yet to escape one more time to have the related challenge completed. Annoying and boring which is why I don't want to invest time in it. So I'm really happy if they manage to escape like that.

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2023
    Options

I've never seen that happen with all the key using teammates I see. The only time I see people hiding is if there are only 2 survivors left and one of them went down. Then you're playing for hatch anyway. Before that the only time I saw people hiding all game was when I was new to the game so there were a lot of bad players.

Personally, I only bring keys when I have a hatch escape challenge. They're useless otherwise.