Idea - to stop the exit gate camping by survivors

Options
Unknown2765
Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,818
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Let the survivors loose BP for evey 2 sec they are in the match after the gate have been open, unless they are in an active chase or if someone are on a hook. (to avoid hurting people who stay in the game for good reasons).

This should encurage them to get out instead of wasting the killers time when they have won.

With a 99% gate, there should not be a need to stay in the game after opening the gate

If you think this is not protecting people who stay for good reasons, please tell why and please come with a suggestion that could fix this.

Edit : I guess i should not be, but after reading some of the responses here, i am surprised that so many people defend their "right to be toxic" towards another human...

Post edited by Unknown2765 on

Comments

• Unknown2765
    Options

So the killers hould be held resposible for the actions of the survivors?

Like they are some babies that need momma or daddy killer to follow them out??

Most players are grown up, why dont walk out on their own? they just do this to be toxic..

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

The often suggested slow regression of exit gates if you let go of it would be a good thing.

But i don´t think this will come.

• Unknown2765
    Options
  • Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

Is this necessary? I don't know what hurts about this. They didn't even make sarcastic sounds or words

encourage them to escape? They will eventually escape sooner or later

You obviously had a bad match as a killer, saw them standing at the gate, and then you wrote this

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options
  • ili
    ili Member Posts: 61
    Options

just wait for Endgame Collapse to end.

• Unknown2765
    Options
  • Unknown2765
    Options

about 800 hours as killer, most of them where if i lost, the survivors stood and dragged time, just to tbag.

Im guess i should not be surprised, but i am, that so many people defend their "right to be toxic" towards another human...

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

Welcome to the world. Enjoy your stay, you're going to be here for quite a spell

• Unknown2765
    edited May 2023
    Options

But standing there to Tbag the killer is Toxic when they clearly won...

Its their own resposibility how they act, not the killers.

I think i did address it so it would not hurt the ones that stayed for good reasons, but im open for suggestions if you have some.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I mean yes it's their own responsibility but they don't care, so unfortunately if the killer has a problem with it they're the one who'll have to either push them out or wait out the timer.

Also, if your idea is that survivors aren't punished while there's an active chase (even if they're not the one in chase) then it's not that bad, but even then there are some scenarios where they'd be punished for no reason, for eg against the Twins where Victor doesn't start chases, or more broadly if no one is hooked or in chase but someone is injured, and the survivors are either healing them so they can go out or are trying to get the killer to push them out to create an opportunity for the injured survivor to heal / leave / go to the other gate safely.

I don't think there's any mechanic that could punish all survivors being toxic but no survivor who has a good reason, considering even a lot of killers have difficulties telling them apart. So even if something like what you're suggesting is implemented, survivors could still tbag at the exit gate while someone is hook or whatever (and I still think they wouldn't care much about losing some BPs anyway)

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

How are you held responsible? You could also just do nothing if you're fine with waiting for endgame collapse to end, unless that makes you lose the imaginary game of toxicity or whatever

• Unknown2765
    edited May 2023
    Options

But if you have time to heal, why not heal before you open the 99% gate then?

The goal with this idea is not to punish people who are playing normally (non toxic). And as i sad, im more than open to suggestions that could improve the idea.

Post edited by Unknown2765 on
  • ili
    ili Member Posts: 61
    Options

man, survivors play however they want, there's nothing wrong with that.

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605
    edited May 2023
    Options

Instead of punishing them... just give them a better score (and hence more BPs) the sooner they leave.

Sure the bully squads loaded on those won't care... but maybe if it cost them one of their 2 pips on the score screen idk.

Just - points the same for "proximity to hook" for killers.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

Give blood warden a secondary effect where it activates if survivors stand in the exit gates for like 20 seconds

They will never do it again to avoid risking that lol

• RogueVsMetaGaming
    RogueVsMetaGaming Member Posts: 14
    Options

Here's an idea. If the killer manages to start a chase in the exit gates, the entity blocks the gates during the chase. Forces them to leave prior to the chase starting, just a thought.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 301
    Options

Idea: the killer loose BP for every 2 seconds they’re camping and tunneling

what about that?

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

Rewards for not being a d-bag at the gate/hatch sounds like a good call for sure.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

Who cares, either push them out or if you just do something else during EDC, break pallets, watch second monitor or something. You waste time of more people with that.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

Idea - to stop the exit gate camping by survivors killers

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    Options

Adding this has too many scenarios where survivors can still be punished unjustly even though they're trying to do altruistic moves, what you suggested with "active chase and someone on hook" doesn't factor in enough things for matches and this will punish more survivors who aren't going to exit camp than people who are going to exit camp because there's so many things in egc.

What if there's a survivor nearby trying to go for a pallet/flashlight save? No one's hooked or in chase right now. Should they really lose bp now because they should've just left instead of helping their slugged teammate?

Someone going back into the match to bodyblock for the chased survivor is now losing points from this system because they're currently not in active chase and the only way they can be is if they find the killer and get into chase which by the time they find that, they've probably already lost a noticeable amount of points.

Someone who's cleansing a totem, looting a chest, etc, etc. for points or tome challenges is going to lose points now because they're considered an "exit gate camper" by this new system? Ridiculous.

I get exit gate campers are frustrating as killer because they're stalling out your time but you should think about your suggestions from a more logical and less emotional point of view because this system sounds poorly thought out, more than likely will punish innocent survivors and overall gives survivor less reason to be altruistic, which is a BAD THING for killers.

• Unknown2765
    Options

But if you go back in, then you are not staying in the exitgate area.

• Unknown2765
    Options

Did you read my suggestion or just the heading??

Your comment suggest the later.

• devotedDBDenjoyer
    devotedDBDenjoyer Member Posts: 269
    Options

I read your suggestion. In fact, my comment literally proves I did because I listed reasons your suggestion wouldn't work, which were things you didn't list in your original suggestion (the extra reasons someone would be losing bp), which would require me to have read your post.

You really need to stop covering your ears and pretending people don't read your suggestion when they point out how your suggestion is flawed... I get hearing you're wrong is tough, but you really need to come to reality for a sec.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

This one made me lose it LOL.

Personally I always leave instantly unless someone needs help and I can pull it off without giving the killer another kill, but yeah, just charging at us at the exit usually works haha.

• Unknown2765
    Options

I also wrote "unless they are in an active chase or if someone are on a hook. " i also added "If you think this is not protecting people who stay for good reasons, please tell why and please come with a suggestion that could fix this."

So you are free to add solutions, ect. to change "unless they are in an active chase or if someone are on a hook." to "unless they are in an active chase or if someone are on a hook or doing other activities."

Or it could be "if all 4 are stacked in the exit gate area"

What if there's a survivor nearby trying to go for a pallet/flashlight save? No one's hooked or in chase right now. Should they really lose bp now because they should've just left instead of helping their slugged teammate?

Someone going back into the match to bodyblock for the chased survivor is now losing points from this system because they're currently not in active chase and the only way they can be is if they find the killer and get into chase which by the time they find that, they've probably already lost a noticeable amount of points.

Someone who's cleansing a totem, looting a chest, etc, etc. for points or tome challenges is going to lose points now because they're considered an "exit gate camper" by this new system? Ridiculous.

None of those would be in the exit gate area would they?