Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How am I supposed to do the team player challenge

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

I hate flashlights with a burning passion and this challenge requires me to blind the killer while they are carrying a survivor. Now here's a list of things that I seen go wrong when doing this challenge.

1. The killer is facing a wall

2. The killer has Lightborn

3. The killer has Franklin's

4.The killer is slugging

5. My teammates are to far away

6. The killer is patrolling the area

7. The flashlight I have runs out of power because I'm trying to blind

8. I accidentally hit the dash button when I didn't want too

9. I'm injured meaning the killer will be able to hear me

10. I get stuck on something random meaning I don't make it

11. The teammate DCed

12. I'm tunneled or camped

13. The killer FUN FACT CAN LOOK UP OR DOWN

In the end I can't flashlight blind because flashlights are a nightmare in general to use only thing I can do is either have a baby killer or a killer that farm's both of which are impossible for me to get in matchmaking.

Screw it the challenge requires way to much pin point timing which I don't have for flashlights because I barely know what half the add-ons do like why do I need to the beam to be brighter why does the width of the beam need to be so important so screw it it'll just remain a challenge I won't bother. Also by the way by the looks of it Team player would make more sense of taking a protection hit.

Post edited by jamally093 on

Comments

• Strawbri
    Strawbri Member Posts: 5

Sounds like a skill issue. People get flashlight saves all the time. Just skip the challenge if it's too much for you.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624
  • Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2023

Leave it as your last challenge.

Equip a yellow flashlight and Bond. Don't FORCE it. Eventually, the stars will align. I know it sucks, but some challenges are notoriously difficult.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Don't do it ?

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

I was in the same boat the last time I had that challenge; it took me FOREVER to get. At least as killer when you have a super-hard challenge you can see survivors usernames, and if they have "TTV" in them you can hop into their stream and ask them to help you. That's how I got one where you have to grab multiple people off gens, and another one that was equally hard but I don't remember what it was. On that last one, we traded, and I was also able to help them with a super-tough one (it might've been flashlight blind, or maybe it was something about protection hits).