Disconnect player Bots

Horacio
Horacio Member Posts: 12
edited May 2023 in General Discussions

While it seems an alternative to have a better experience in the game. I feel there should be different things to consider...

This is a chance for survivors to motivate them and avoid to give up inmediately BUT unfortunately this is not as good as it may sound for the killer side.

A killer player wants to have fun fighting against other people, demostrating, somehow, his/her skill in the trial. The fact of adding bots for disconnections is an unfun experience that not motivate the killer to continue playing. Imagine a game where 3 people disconnect... its like playing alone in a game that its suppose to be pvp.

Im not blaming the devs or anyone, but I think there should be other changes to make in order to prevent people to disconnect.

If bots are going to be implemented, there should be a cap of two dc´s in a single game, if a third player dc´s the game should end. Doing this the killer can stop playing a game that he/she might feel that is retaining him or her.

And generally speaking, disconnections should punish harder the player such as increasing the waiting time queue.

Comments

• Horacio
    Horacio Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2023

Maybe the cap should only be in one disconnection Bot and another disconnection should imply an end to the game.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,678
    edited May 2023

I've been opposed to disconnect bots every time someone brings it up. I'm incredibly disappointed that this is the direction BHVR is going.

• This solution address literally none of the reasons survivors are disconnecting in the first place.
    • It will only increase disconnects, since there's now no incentive to 'stay because the team needs you'. The bot fills that role, so people can disconnect and not even be 'a bad teammate' anymore.
    • This is highly abusable on both sides. Can't wait until survivors players get blocked in a corner for an hour while the only other player is a bot stuck in a rock or in an infinite loop. And killers will get a new type of bully squad: all 4 disconnect at the start of the match and the killer is forced to either dc or play it an entire bot match.

The only thing they needed to do is have a 30 second delay between disconnect and removing the character's avatar from the world. That solves all of the 'avoiding blood warden', or 'denying adept' situations without having any chance of being abused by anyone.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,240

All very good points, and a decent compromise.

I think it definitely needs to be limited in some way. Given that a killer disconnecting instantly ends the game, then at the very least having all survivors DC should instantly end the game too. However this could easily be dropped to 3 or even 2.

Having the bots only exist for a limited time is another option too, like you said 30 seconds. Maybe the bot would have a timer, which would incentivise the killer to go for that bot while they're still in the game in order to score an easy kill.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,104

I don’t think this is replacing the DC penalty. (Which should still be left in place, though perhaps not as high of a cap)

Just making it so that if someone does DC, it doesn’t just become a wash for everyone.

They’re still going to want to improve the player experience so less people DC, because better player experience means more player retention and more possibilities of store purchases.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

I never DCt or anything but if i see 1-2 people DC in a match, i will DC or go afk as well because i have no fun playing with/against bots.

i dont want bots in live lobbys.

They should instead give players more reasons not to DC and punish DCs harder.

• foods
    foods Member Posts: 66

killers really shouldnt be forced to play out games vs bots, its completely ridiculous

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,095

I can see the game ending with 4 Survivors DCing, but less...Not so much.

But on the other hand, I stopped playing games where 1 Survivor DCs or suicides early quite some time ago, because it does not really make sense. It is unwinnable at this point and I also dont want to farm. (Even if farming just means that the Killer is playing nice and does go for 3 Hooks on every remaining Survivor)

And I dont think I will change it with Bots, because they wont really be helpful, they will mainly be point providers for the Killer.

• "This solution address literally none of the reasons survivors are disconnecting in the first place."

This is the important point. It is just another band-aid. Sure, the Survivors can keep on playing with a Bot (and will lose anyway), the Killer gets more points (so rewarding scummy tactics, yay), but it will not change the core issues WHY people are DCing. Yes, there are people who DC against every Killer when they are downed first and you will never be able to change that.

But other things... BHVR used a Skull Merchant in their Screenshot to show how a Bot looks like, so they are aware that Skull Merchant is a big reason why people DC. However, using the bandaid by providing Bots will not make Skull Merchant in any way enjoyable to play against. And this can be said for many other things.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 246

If the bot is the sole survivor remaining will it automatically go straight to hatch and not round around like a headless chicken looking for hatch?

I think the idea of bots is fine in principle but in actual game play????

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2023

tl;dr

"If I can't enjoy bullying survivors and am stuck bullying bots, I don't wanna play."

Hey, maybe the devs can remove the Leave Match option, go to every player's house and superglue their ethernet cable into their router/modem, weld their PC/Console into the outlet so it can't be unplugged.

"If I'm going to play in a way that's going to make survivors DC, I want them to NOT be able to DC in any way, shape, or form. They must stay and suffer."