The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I don't trust behaviour's map designers

omelette
omelette Member Posts: 72

Garden of joy is causing PTSD to killer players. The reworked maps are favored towards survivors. I don't trust them reworking the farm maps. I also do not trust their design on the new upcoming sci-fi map.

They need to find new map designers that knows this games ins and outs and that they can balance maps for both killer and survivors instead of favoring 1 side of the coin.

I feel bad for killer players. I watch my friends play killer if I have a 30 minute break at my job and they always suffer. The only time I see them having fun is when they play on maps such as coal tower.

Comments

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

It is as if you were saying skill is only related to the maps themselves and nothing else matters.

Garden of Joy is like Ormond: you need to decide if you want to focus on the gen in the house or let it go. I mean the main buildings not the shack.

Size definitely matters: If GoJ is reworked similarly to Eyrie it will be match better.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

While i doubt that reworked maps favor survivors, they reduced good stealth gameplay. On several maps, where you could juke the killer before, there are now few los-blockers, and even if there are, there is nowhere to go. I would like to change that and give more stealth options, even if that means less pallets. But a lot of killers will just not like that.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,991
    edited May 2023

1 I can agree with less god pallets and more pallets that can be mind game. The game map should be a perfect example of why.

2 kinda agree. Some killers just auto lose cause half the gens can't be Patrol on these big maps.

3 all maps should absolutely not have a guarantee 3 gen build into them. Your fifth point sound way better

4 The main building is fair because of all the pallets that spawn around it. The actual building itself is hot garbage on the survivor side. 1 windows on the lower level that get u nearly no distances. One window upstairs that get u some distances if they have to break the wall but immediately is offset cause u even gotta run down the stairs or fall off and stagger. It a bottom 3 main buildings...right up there with coal tower building and bargo (not that bargo need to be any stronger lol)

Post edited by solarjin1 on
  • Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136

I’m going to take a wild guess and say maybe maps are being designed with less-experienced players in mind? I don’t know the stats but maybe the vast majority of players are a lot more casual who possibly need bigger maps, more ‘junk’ and pallets in order to not be downed instantly? Most probably don’t understand what connecting pallets are for example let alone how to use them optimally.

That being said, map variety is good so would be great to see a map or rework that has more experienced players input in mind.

• Shodan79
    Shodan79 Member Posts: 11

The OP is stupid, the core tennent of this game is “Pick your battles wisely.” You give the surviors the easiest gens and guard the ones that matter.”

or simply put “durr whats bestest for me to pateol…”””

If you’re allowing them to lead you down a rabbit hole, then you deserve the butt dancing at the exist gates.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

-"all maps should absolutely not have a guarantee 3 gen build into them."

The second there is no viable 3 gen the best option becomes : camp the hook and punish unhooks.

"The main building is fair because of all the pallets that spawn around it"

When you look at Ironworks vs Garden of Joy it becomes clear one has a fair setup and one does not. GoJ main building has three massively overpowered windows; the map should at most have one good window.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 385
    edited May 2023

THE NEW FRACTURED COWSHEET:

The best map designers from BHVR started fixing the map so the added 20 more save pallets in the middle, because there were only the Cowtree before. Furthermore they removed the breakeable walls in the main and turned them in windows instead.

So the new escape rate is 80%👍️

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2023

If you can't 4k on every single map with every single Killer, I really don't see why that's the dev's fault and not a simple example of skill issue.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,573

I had my own screenshot showcasing exactly this, but yours is much better.

I hate the Borgo. I hate the red aesthetic that makes scratchmarks hard to see. I hate the dozens of little fiddly things everywhere that I constantly get stuck on. And I hate the million pallets that connect into each other every dang tile. I think I hate it more than The Game in regards to pallets, at least The Game isn't painful to look at.

Still not sure if I hate it more than Garden of Joy.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Feel like I'm the lone wolf out here enjoying all the new maps and map reworks..

They're far from what I want to see in a DBD map, but they've been par for the course with respect to what we already have. Not every map should play the same way, and not every Killer should shine on every map.

Borgo is the only new map to date where I can empathize with the community's complaints, because it's just so damn painful to look at.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

Perhaps the map coordinator was empty and pulled out the person who was working on the design in 2016. Otherwise the terrible rework of Red Forest cannot be explained.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250

Your expectations are unreasonable.

They will move the main building to the center of the map, and 20 safe pallets will be around it, cuz that's how BHVR designs map these days.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Here's how you balance "the game" map - you make only killers that can ignore or instantly break pallets be able to play it.

So if survivors use an offering to go to that map and you're on Doctor then the offering is ignored. If you use a game offering as doctor it works because you chose it.

But if you're playing Nemesis, Blight, Nurse, PH, Demo, etc., then you play the match.

You do the same for all maps that are larger than 9000m². Is that map really big? Ok then killers without mobility don't play it unless they pick it.

• xenomorphhater
    xenomorphhater Member Posts: 3

if only the devs played their own game