Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Logic of a Toxic Survivor

FireHazard
FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I wish I saved the conversation I had post-match but sadly I did not (It would have the names covered anyways to avoid witch hunting, etc.)

But the story goes like this. So I played Freddy during a match to finish up what remaining puddings he had. My goal was to get him to P2 finally and proceed to work on the road to P3 50. But a certain survivor didn't like me post-game... Apparently I am a baby killer as the conversation goes on...but here's the catch... I killed this survivor (sacrificed) and another survivor making it a 2k game, which was pretty decent considering I didn't have BBQ, or Enduring, or NOED (Wouldn't use that crutch anyways) and only like 3 perks that could help me there.

So the question is...What is the logic behind what some of these survivors say? He claims all tons of things like he was "streaming" yet no streamer came up with his name and that "Clearly you were lagging and I 360'd you twice" and "I got this all on video" and tons of other excuses. I guess salt over takes reasoning sometimes...Or something I don't know.

TL;DR: Some guy got salty he got killed by me, and i'm sharing this cause I find it kind of funny lol.

Comments

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230

He was just been an ass an trying make himself feel good about 360ing twice (what's not that impressive if its just twice, doing it in 1 spot for 5 gens yeah but not twice) an trying to come up with every salty survivor excuse he can think of cause he can't face the fact he had his ass handed too him... But yeah basic logic use every excuse possible haha

• Braughless
    Braughless Member Posts: 19

I've had survivors tell me I am a bad player and I was playing a survivor. I'm not a mind-reader and I willingly admit I can't loop, juke or look behind me yet (controls don't work for some reason I can't figure out in my setup) but nobody is willing to give me constructive feedback on how to play better after the name-calling. I'm usually first dead (I get lots of distraction points XD) and spectate the game to try and learn what others are doing that I should also do so I didn't understand this backlash from my team.

• FireHazard

The funny part is he never 360'd me in reality, every time I chased him it ended in him being downed pretty quickly, but in some imaginary land it happened yeah. Also its funny he said he was streaming but didn't give out the stream name, and the name his profile has didn't bring me to anything with said name.

• Maelstrom1313

Alot of survivors won't give you the time of day for feedback but once you figure out your controls properly take it 1 step at a time ie look where your running then try to look behind you while checking your space so you don't run into anything. Then move on to the next thing you'd want to learn to do better, it all comes with practice. What rank are you?

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

lol survivors man.

A few days ago idecided to do absolutely hook immunity. Where i 100% didn't go for people that were just unhooked, no matter how dumb their pathing was. I hooked every single one of them 2 times before sacking them, and prety much everything else in their "rules" they want you to play by. (Nothing even close to camping, not even patroling, i didn't slug anyone, ect.)

After the game, still had 2 people talking #########, saying things like i was camping and tunneling.

as the killer you are their bad guy, remember that. In higher ranks people are usualy more respectful...usualy...

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

When you deflate someones EGO by sacrificing them sometimes they need to try and make it seem like you were the one who played badly, they may seem to think they can never be beaten.

Some players simply just cant handle the fact that some players are better than them in some matches, maybe its down to the lack of competition in many aspects of growing up nowadays where everyone is special and losing is also winning.

• FireHazard

Rank 1, 360s never really work on me since most who do it are bad. That or it only happens once then I learn that they keep trying it.

• Maelstrom1313

That is very true fire for alot of killers but there is still a bunch at all ranks that can't handle them

• FireHazard

This. Also I don't consider myself a god anyways, I just consider myself a decent killer who has no issues getting to rank 1 every new season (Mainly cause you face potatoes at rank 10 and or getting to rank 1 is too easy...) So its funny to assume survivors like this that had a bad wrap with other killers need to display the same toxicity to other killers that just want everyone to have a even amount of fun.

I guess the world isn't perfect however, and someone will always complain.

• Braughless
    Braughless Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2019

@Maelstrom1313 I'm a rank 15, nothing special.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

On his screen he probably did 360 you, latency has made these a lot harder lately at least in my experience. Still no excuse for his salt though.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

He said he 360'd you. You don't know how much that means to these idiots.

One time some guy did it to me and I fell for it because I didn't see it coming. He immediately started tbagging at every pallet after that. I hit him everytime perfectly from then on no matter how much he tried to 360 because I was prepared for it, and I got a 4k and they only did 1 or 2 gens. Post games hes getting extremely salty and saying 4k isnt a win and how he won because he pulled off one 360 when I wasn't really concentrating.

Seen other situations like that too. If you miss one seing these idiots think they're noob3 himself and it inflates their egos out of control. They really are sad pathetic little children.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

That's why LF exists.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

If you're gonna play toxic, then you can't act salty....Don't be a naughty nugget.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited March 2019

Why people still boast when they achieve 360s?

I think that thing is more related to luck rather than skill unless the killer is terrible and can be juked multiple times in a row using that tactic. Also is another way to take advantage of one of the main handicaps of the killers, their small FOV.

• FireHazard

Probably, all I know is he liked to blame getting hit every time on lag. Yet I never saw any lag (which you can tell on both sides) and nobody else complained about lag.

Perhaps he shouldn't be downloading 5 things with 30 tabs open when hes playing DBD since the hosts connection isn't the only thing that contributes to if you lag or not.