We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

my convoluted suggestion for fixing 2 survivor stalemate

luvcraft
luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

The game is pretty much over when there are 2 survivors left and more than 1 unfinished gen. This sucks for those 2 survivors, because at that point you're just waiting for the other survivor to die so you can hatch.

Here's my crazy solution:

• Change key to a temporary item, move key's add-ons to a new "compass" survivor item
  • Any time there are at least twice as many unfinished gens as remaining survivors, the hatch spawns, closed. When this happens, the key spawns somewhere else on the map. To avoid griefing where one player holds the key but won't open the hatch, any and all players can get a key from the "key dispenser", but have to interact with it to get one.
  • At that point, survivors have the option of finding the key and opening the hatch and escaping through the hatch.
  • If the survivors open the hatch and then the killer slams it, EGC starts as normal, and all remaining keys are destroyed (unlike currently, survivors can not reopen the hatch during EGC, but this never happens anyway)

This rubberbands the game by giving the remaining survivors a fighting chance, and making the killer who's ahead patrol the hatch and/or key spawn in addition to the remaining gens, so the survivors also have a better chance of popping the remaining gens.

Comments

• cinge
    cinge Member Posts: 6

I have noticed too that when 2 survivors remain alive its an unfun situation for both sides.

Survivors wait for 1 to be killed or they just give up and killer goes on a wild chase on nothing if they decide to hide so the game can finally end, i hate that scenario while being on both sides and i hope someway its gone. Also most of the slugging happens on these situations for the "4k"(vomits). Maybe this is resolved with ub basekit but its a long time untill we get it.