Will the DC Penalty be Removed when Bots Come?

Options

Because to me, having a game with both a DC penalty and the added function of bots in the match seems like it would be kind of silly at that point, right?

Surely this is something that's being looked at or considered at the moment, right?

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,755
    Options

Maybe they could reduce it or have it ramp up more slowly but to get rid of it would just encourage people to dc IMO

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

They remove dc penalty in this game and I will drop it for a few months again. Bots don't replace humans in anyway and Survivors giving up needs to be addressed more than anything balance oriented right now. At this point it's ruining my survivor experience far more than my killer experience even though I detest it from both sides. Unfortunataly bhvr wants to keep a leave game button with no penalty only for survivors and the community coninues to think it's normal for people to be able to stop playing a multiplayer game whenever without consequence.

Hurry people! Flood the thread about how "People Can't be forced to play a game they don't want to play". Yes, that's true for all multiplayer games, but no other game lets people ruin the game like this, not a single other game I have played besides CoD in the last decade which for me is only beneficial when a player not trying leaves in CoD.

Every single thing you think people can do to stop playing the game can be punished.

AFK, DC, Suicide(which is probably on the chopping block if bhvr knows whats good for the longevity of the game). Factor in BP, conspicuous actions outside of chase and exclude anyone under 50 hours and your fine. The community(survivors) are so conditioned to be able to leave at the sign of a fractured toenail that fixing innate problems like tunneling and camping will only reduce the rate of DC/Suicide by 20% if I am being fair. This community, I swear. ..

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,627
    Options

Hope not... most people want to play with or against other real people, otherwise they'd voluntarily play against the bots in custom. Removing penalties makes it easier for people to just duck out of every game that doesn't go their way, other than just one or two before their penalty drastically increases.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,396
    Options

I think they should, yeah.

It'd keep everyone happy.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2023
    Options

I'm okay with it after the have bots in the game for a while and iron out a good balance for them. Make sure the bits aren't total idiots but aren't 100% accurate etc. If they can make the bots perform comparable to average players I'm for it

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,473
    Options

It shouldn’t be removed. Your opponents and teammates are entering matchmaking to play with real players. Bots are an alternative in the event someone DCs, which is better than nothing at all but is still far from ideal. If someone wants to play with bots, they’d create a custom lobby to do that, not join public lobbies with other players. Bot replacements or not, DCs still have an impact on the game.

• patronsaintofpizza
    patronsaintofpizza Member Posts: 95
    Options

The penalty should absolutely still stay in place. You're still degrading the quality of the experience for all other players by quitting. Bots are a great solution but still not the same as having all human teammates present.

Play the game or take your penalties. Simple as that.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,878
    Options

People disconnect for the silliest of reasons though and, if anything, the penalty should encourage players to learn and perhaps overcome those scenarios. People disconnect because they do not have the right map, or the killer they want, or that the killer has Lightborn, or the survivor blinded them once. It's just silly.

The disconnect needs to stay for this reason, as well as the good point @Mandy made to give people, who disconnect out of anger or frustration, the time to just gather their thoughts and regroup.

• foods
    foods Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2023
    Options

remove the penalty for killers at least

they shouldnt be forced to play out games vs bots just because survivors cant handle their emotions

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,910
    Options

We don't need to give more incentive for people to d/c out of matches. Bots are not a perfect replacement for other people and bot behavior can be highly exploitable.

• SixShotOcelot
    SixShotOcelot Member Posts: 121
    Options

Two follow up questions on DC penalty:

1) Is there any chance of "Specific Repeat DCs" having an increased penalty? For example players who always DC against Nurse or Skull Merchant.

Regular system: 1st DC = 30sec ; 2nd = 2min ; 3rd = 5min etc.

What about players who DC any time they play Nurse? Say they have not DCed in a week, but they have DCed against 10 nurses in the last month. Could players such as this have a permanent(or long lasting) increase DC penalty for specifically DCing against the Nurse?

2) Is there any plan (that is discussable) regarding early game "killing self on hook", similar to DC penalties?

Thank you very much as always for the communication & information you provide!

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,801
    Options

No, because we still don't want people DCing left and right. In almost any conceivable case, having a live teammate is going to be preferable to having a bot teammate.

Having fill in bots will already embolden more people to DC, ditching the penalty on top of that would result in chaos.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,764
    Options

Nah keep the DC penalty.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

Bots are a bandage on problematic players, not an endorsement of them. This is mitigating the damage DCing players cause, it doesn't mean DCing is suddenly okay.

• foods
    foods Member Posts: 64
    Options

bots definitely give survivors the green light

any survivor on the edge of dcing that stuck it out for their team will pull the plug no problem now

and killers are going to be stuck playing out games vs mostly bots

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I'd prefer if the penalty was more severe with each occurrence. Clearly people are still too eager to leave for any reason whatsoever.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

Remove the dc penalty? gross. Quit dcing in your games and you wont face a penalty. Bots replacing dc survivors is going to ruin this game.

I really wish bhvr wouldn't make this change. I don't want to play with or against bots, I queue up to play with or against humans.

If you can't handle the game then don't queue up. Stop ruining the game for everyone else. We all get tunneled, we all get face camped, we all get bm'd, gen rushed, we all have bad games etc etc.

I think we need harsher DC penalties. First offense should be 5 minutes. Yes I know it would suck for people who's game crashes or they lose their internet. You can blame the rage quitters though as it is entirely their fault we actually need stricter penalties in the first place.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203
    Options

I'm all for bot replacement. I think it will be far more healthy for the game than what we currently have.

My only concern is when people kts on first hook. I feel if someone has been sacrificed completely on their first hook within so many minutes of the match starting, they should be replaced also. It's obvious they are "going next"

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Actually we needs to do opposite, start with removal of hook suicide.