We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The past 2 days I've had two self-caring teammates in the same match

Please send help, this can't be happening. Not one teammate in a match but two!

You know those gens had to wait.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

Most seem to run it with Botany Knowledge though, which doesn't bother me as I think it's only like an extra 6 (?) seconds. On its own though, yeah, you had 2 killers in those matches...

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612
    edited May 2023

I had a teammate earlier that kept trying to self care against a devour hope legion. I feel your pain.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I had two players, in the same match, Self-Care with Sloppy against a Pinhead.

You'll never guess what happened to their heal progress.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,062

They finish in record time and chain hunt never activated. 4man excape ez!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,294
    edited May 2023

I'd take Self-Care over the zero HUD activity for multiple minutes that I've been getting tonight. One player didn't take any action until 2 gens were done. They weren't AFK either. SBMM btw.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,130

Sometimes I wish I could just disable the HUD. I just dont want to see what my teammates are doing because it really affects my mood. Whether it is Self-Caring for a long time, not doing anything or cleansing Dull Totems against a Pentimento-Killer (seriously, I had a Jeff yesterday who kept cleansing Dull Totems against a Pinhead with Pentimento...).

I dont want to see that this Leon is running around between two completed Gens instead of doing a Gen. (And escaping with the least amount of points afterwards...)

@Topic:

Yeah, it makes you really question your sanity to see so many Self-Care players. I also really hate to see people setting up Boons. CoH is not worth the time to set up anymore. Even before the most recent nerf it was annoying that Survivors kept blessing their Boons instead of doing Gens, but now it is just so bad to keep blessing Totems instead of doing the Objective.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973
    edited May 2023

I really wish they would just revert it but it will probably stay the same and be nerfed again in 2025 lol

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,036

Self Care is actually alright as long as you're skilled, as hitting great skill checks can speed it up a lot

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I think I've had 3 matches with 2 people running self-care. The annoying part is that they just go somewhere to heal themselves when you can heal them faster. As well as not finding them around when you need a heal.

There are times where I am also not doing "anything", because either I'm looking for my 2 hook teammate to protect or perhaps they have a hex totem and I'm looking for it.

As for the boon, yeah back in the day I remember people running boons not doing anything for a minute straight when they are looking for it. When I run a boon or a totem perk (like Overzealous). I try not to waste much time. I look around a bit and if I'm having difficult finding anything I just focus on the main objective first. If I find a totem near the next gen I'm working on I'll cleanse it though.

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118

This is why I want to see the perks of my teammates before the match begins. I and many others could leave the lobby and dodge a bullet this way.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,622

I hope for your sake they were at least also running Botany. That's actually a pretty good combo, albeit one with a pretty glaring weakness.