Fix gen spawn locations

Hey there! The other day I was playing on Suffocation Pit with my friends. We had done 2 gens on the main building side of the map and thought we were set, and that there was no possible way we were 3-gen'd. However, to our surprise, we were wrong. This is because 5 gens had spawned on the main building side of the map! Not 3, not 4, but 5. How this is even possible, I have no clue. I just know that something has to be done about this. Thankfully we were facing a newer Artist and not a Knight or Skull Merchant, or we would be in serious trouble. Regardless, either Suffocation Pit needs to be worked on, or gen spawn rng needs to be worked on, because this is not even slightly ok. If you don't believe me about there being 5 gens on the same side of the map, I have posted a video on YouTube of it. Here's the link to that: https://youtu.be/zio_aOrxEO0 If you dont trust the link, look up "5 gens on the same side of the map?!" and it'll be posted by a channel with the same username as mine here. Let me know what you think about this!

Comments

• StickySlasher30
    StickySlasher30 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 28

RNG sometimes dictates if you win or lose

If you as survivor spawn on a map with a guaranteed 3 gen and the killer dont leave that area from the start, you will probably lose. However, if you spawn on a map where the gens are so far from each other against a killer with no mobility, your chances of winning is higher

Same as killer: if 4 survivors spawn together, it will be easier to create early game pressure and this can be a crucial factor on the match. However, if everyone start the map away from each other you cant create this pressure

• yeeeitsdustin
    yeeeitsdustin Member Posts: 36

Yeah I know. I think BHVR needs to change some things about rng. Not too much of it so there's still unpredictability every match, but a situation such as this one or a situation where all 4 survivors are spread out and spawn next to a gen should not happen. Both scenarios can easily lose the other side a game.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669

If it was Skull Merchant or Knight it would be game over lmao. DBD never fails to surprise us even after SEVEN years...