If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The devs this year will balance the most worrying things by the community, here one: Gen Speed

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,263
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

The devs have confirmed according to the 7th anniversary stream, that in this 7th year regarding game balancing, they will cover or balance more worrying things according to the community.

Ok, according to this, I am going to suggest a big problem from a long time ago that they have not yet solved in terms of balance. Corrupt intervention today is a widely used perk for players who want to have fun and not be gen rushed, by taking it we cause the survivors to have to move and thus not start the game with 2 or 3 less generators after 1- 2 minutes, since the chases take more than 30s (unless you play against a BOT)

By which I mean that, without having this perk, I have seen many streamers such as Otzdarva, who have had 3 gens repaired in the first chase, and when he has 2 generators left, he has 3 hooks and you wonder... what happen? There is a big problem in the early game of the game and the developers should fix it this year, and not leave it any longer.

As a 2016 player, I must carry corrupt intervention so that this does not happen, I hope that the devs do not fix it only by introducing more perks of this type, but some mechanics or something interesting...

Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Actually many perks are. Basekit I doubt I can deal with Nurse running her strongest stuff, heck any killer running their strongest stuff.

That's why survivors have been getting so many basekit buffs, because survivors can't deal with certain strategies either unless they bring certain perks. This problem exists for both sides. If no one has unbreakable a killer employing the slugging strategy can guarantee a huge advantage. A killer holding a three gen is also hard to deal with unless you brought a toolbox or specific perks for that.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

The only problem with LP is it's behind a paywall of Nemi and I never bought or want to buy the RE chapters for reasons of my own.....and I have yet to find it in the Shrine...or I am just not lucky when I take my breaks from the game....

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

Well, countering camping was the role of Reassurance and it's also behind a paywall. And I agree. Strong perks/counters should not be hidden behind a paywall. That is bullshit and makes the game pay to win even if at some point they are added to the Shrine, you don't know when that will be.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options
  • VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Oh I agree with you that the more valuable perks are stuck with licensed characters. That's why I don't normally buy Licenced chapters....I did buy the Ring Chapter but that's because I like The Ring and I wanted those characters....also it was on sale on steam when I got it while the RE chapters were still the full price

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

There are some killers with add-ons in their base-kit that show you which generator is being worked on; Wraith being an example. As for LP being behind a paywall, while yes that may be so, everyone has Spies from the Shadows and it's such a good and underrated perk that will help you throughout the entire game to find survivors.

As for what Otzdarva can do and so on it's such a hyperbole of an argument. How about we don't take a streamer who plays this game for a living and has thousands of hours as an example for the entire community?

The devs have already adjusted gen speeds and nerfed healing. Although that might be a bit of a problem by itself, with old healing at least survivors would play more risky, take more hits, and waste more time on healing themselves and others. Can you blame them for playing as efficiently as possible?

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

The problem is that survivors have so little gameplay for themselves, with gens being their only objective that isn't a straight up loss of time, that gen speed is tied to many perks.

So to nerf gen speed, either :

• You nerf the perks themselves, and now 30% (random estimated proportion) of the survivor perks that weren't useless before become useless.
    • You add time to the gens like in 6.1., but now the game gets even more beginner-unfriendly and the gen speed perks become necessary
    • You add a secondary survivor objective that actually accounts to something, and make some of the gen speed perks affect this secondary objective (but that's a LOT of work of implementing, balancing and coding)

Because as of right now, gen speed is a problem.

But so are chases, because if you produce new chase perks, killers are chased too long because map balance something something and gens get done.

And so are aura perks, because either there's already better ones or killers are sad because they lose the element of surprise and people pre-run and it's unfair.

And so are heal perks, because survivors heal too quick and killers lose pressure too easily.

And so are stealth perks, because stealth shouldn't be encouraged and if killers feel like they'll take too long to find new survivors to chase they'll feel entitled to tunnel.

And so are perks that do no affect gens, chases, aura, heal or stealth, because then they don't affect the objectives and are just a loss of time for the team.

So yeah... No easy way with this situation.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

You don't even need lethal, though obviously it helps.

A little map knowledge plus an awareness that survivors never spawn within a 3-tile radius of you goes a long way towards reliably finding someone early. Though I will concede Lethal Pursuer is more reliable for your specific scenario of disrupting a gen team up.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

The real problem is that in 30 seconds they often make you 2 gen, without you being able to do anything at all. You'll say, "Unless you're playing against bots, a chase doesn't last 30 seconds." Well my dear, not to flex or even to belittle you (since I don't know how you play, I don't know you and so on) my chases last on average 30 seconds, there are exceptions it's true, but the average is 30 seconds. Usually in 30 seconds 2 gen are already done and finished.

In my opinion it also depends a lot on the zone where you play, because often speaking on this forum I feel like I'm talking to people who have never seen a bnp, a prove thyself or a genrush squad in their life, when I find myself against this things at least 1 game out of 3.

A more right sentence was never said.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

I've gotten lots of fan mail from killers running Leathal because I always have Distortion. Underrated perk, and useful for a team too to deduce their perks.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

I also love Distortion, but since I play mostly solo and when I SWF we do without comms I cannot share my discoveries with anyone.

Although one time it saved my ass from a Huntress running Blood Warden.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,263
    Options

probably 30s as base kit, is not bad and obvius nerf the perk to 90s or else.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,286
    Options

2023 and still talking about gen speeds where they got buffed to 90 seconds from 80 recently.

And all that from a "2016 player" btw when the gens were literally flying, no slowdows, insta repairs with brand new part etc.

No one wants to stay in a game forever.