If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Two of the worst killer maps will be boosted from tomorrow

Options
Botiz
Botiz Member Posts: 481

Garden of Joy and Borgo.

This'll be fun. /s

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Garden of Joy is pretty good for Dredge and other teleporting killers. At least in my experience. Borgo I don’t see enough to have an opinion on.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited June 2023
    Options

I honestly don't mind Garden of Joy as a killer, but I hate everything about Borgo.

I tend to play Stealth killers, or Dredge/Doctor/Plague, so that could be why. Stealth killers work fairly well on Garden, but there is virtually no coverage on Borgo at all. Meanwhile the latter three are essentially map-controlling killers in one way or another, and Borgo's immense size and the ability to see the killer coming a mile off with a myriad of pallets to choose from means holding W is king.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,023
    Options

I’ll be making survivor for a bit then. Otherwise, I have lots of map offerings on my main killer now.

• Elik
    Elik Member Posts: 118
    Options

yeah absolutely despise those two, gonna be bringing map offerings I think

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,692
    Options

I think I'll stick to ToTK this week instead.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

That's cool. Gives me finally a reason to use map offerings.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 801
    Options

I'll still get Red Forest, Rancid Abattoir or Shelter Woods. Those maps love me.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189
    Options

I don't mind those. It's ######### Macmillan/Shelter Woods etc. that I hate with passion.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

Ugh.

Fantastic.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 363
    Options

Just take me away from badham *please*

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266
    Options

I might actually like borgo if it weren't so dark and visually muddy that I can't see any survivor crouching in dark clothing without glasses

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

I seen killers bring maps that usually is survivor sided=example cold wind and ofc am like uh why would they wanna go there. Turns out to be a spirit/cause grass movement abuse or death slinger because he can shoot through the corn. the game/rpd=dull merchant/dredge/doctor/nurse and ofc leries/rpd=scratch myers. The two maps I really wish to see be redesigned or go is swamp maps and dullwitch elementary school. Annoying when killers bring midwitch but even more worst when its survivors who votes these maps u.u. am finally putting my 250 sac wards to use now.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

This is something far to many game designers do and I will never understand; why push players towards elements that you know are broken?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Brogo is quite bad for dredge. at always, it depends on rng, but Borgo tends to have large Lockerdeadzones, and often gens are nowhere near a locker.

For Dredge, Skull Merchant map is the only one worse, because there are so few lockers to begin with, and most are not relevant.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited June 2023
    Options

Good, i genuinely would rather be playing on those maps than play on any of the MacMillan, Autohaven or Coldwind maps altogether.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

I love when the devs raise the odds of maps they know a large portion of the community despise. /s

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,850
    Options

Perfect time to use my map offerings.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

I picked a fantastic time to be taking a break

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Well looks like I'll be using a lot of map offerings then.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

I'm glad these maps are boosted because this week I've got like over 50 hours of work to do plus uni projects so I'm glad I'm not missing much.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,413
    Options

Good thing I’m already Iridescent 1 on killer, guess I can stick to survivor this week.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,028
    Options

I love both of those maps as a killer lol I hate getting lerys even though that's the opposite of how some people feel, there's just too many damn windows when you face people that know how to tie areas together.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    Options

thank god Map Repeat Prevention exist....oHHH...right.....it doesnt work on "events" .......WHY tho?🤨

yeah lets just send killers into by far the worst maps in the game to have "FuN" during the event , best idea ever.

great i like playing on a big open map with a strong red filter that hurts a lot when tracking , also has a insane amount of safe connected tiles/pallets into each others with no mindgame and can be only be countered by huntress , BUT not only that it also has an extra small mini shack window structure that can spawn on 1 corner of the map to make things even BETTER on top of the most safer shack in the game because of the random stuff on the window. 🤔

about garden of pain.....ughhhhh ......I guess I'll be running bamboozle during the entire event to handle the infinite on m1 killers or be forced to play huntress i guess , soo much fun.

yup...

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,205
    Options

For other teleporting killers yes

Dredge cant use his power at all on some portions of the map and this can be even worst depending on which tiles spawn where

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    edited June 2023
    Options

how is the knight map as killer I actually haven’t played it since I took a massive break

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Sometimes it seems like the devs just like to troll the community. This is one of those times.

• Ayodam
    Options

Ahh. Yeah, at least on GoJ lockers are everywhere. I guess it makes sense since it’s the Dredge’s map but I love it when I play Dredge.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

I hear a lot of people say the devs don't spend very much time actually playing the game. This event is making me a believer.

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options
  • Ayodam
    Options

Not for me. There are lockers everywhere naturally and even more spawn when you play Dredge. Also when it’s dark it’s even worse for survivors because there are a lot of structures/obstacles for them to get caught on. Maybe you just aren’t a good Dredge.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 631
    edited June 2023
    Options

I just hope this will make the devs looked in those maps more. Like tone down the redness more on Borgo and remove some more pallets and shrink the map more. Also hope the remove more clutter on Garden of Joy.

Cause I tired to practice to more on Garden Of Joy and Borgo but it never works out for me at least from my experience. I really hate to sound like a quitter but I came to the conclusion that these are the maps I will refuse to play on. Normally I wouldn’t care cause I usually tolerated Cowshed, Old Haddon Field, and the game. But for me these maps everytime I play on them I get the worst luck.

Oh forgot add this but I may also bring in other map offerings. So that way I don’t have to deal those maps either.

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

Or maybe i am just aware that loops are extremely close together making his chase power very underwhelming.

And that main building is just very unfair.

• Dstorv
    Dstorv Member Posts: 51
    Options

That map is horse ######### for any teleporting killers besides nurse lmao. in your experience with what? 10 hours survivors? ☠️. all loops on that map are connected, just hold W and you cant do ######### about it.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Horrendous. It’s massive, random ######### all over the place, and survivors can see you coming from three miles away. Oh, and the color accents on the scenery look like scratch marks, so that makes playing killer super fun 🙄

• Ayodam
    Options

The main building is very strong naturally but it spawns several lockers, which innately helps Dredge. I haven’t really struggled with Dredge there. Other killers? Yes. But not Dredge. Heck, even Sadako does alright for me there (but I don’t chase with her, I just build condemned).

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's pretty big and its colours can bother you. Hiding and visibility are both great for survivors - difficult for killers with stealth ability.

edit: from a design perspective the level looks great (cupboards have a medieval-ish design)