Can Range Weapons get limitations?

Options

I really like to use the Huntress's hatchets but if I'm being honest. They're overkill. I aimed at one player, they ducked, but the hatchet continued to fly and hit a survivor almost at the edge of the map. I was stunned, and didn't even hook her. At a certain distance ranged weapons should stop working. If there are limits can you please fix the bug associated with the description match above. (Xbox)

Death Slingers gun has a limit and I believe to better encapsulate a real experience, all ranged weapons need to have limitations. Axe throwing in real life has a limit of roughly 20 to 25 meters for experts. Knives have a limit in real life of 5 to 7 meters for robust throwers.

I understand the game is not real life, but they need limitations. Those unexpected hits are not fun for anyone.

Answers

• Spectralfx
    Spectralfx Member Posts: 605
    Options

Hatchet, you heard of their horrendous hitbox?

Clip or it didn't happen (I legit don't believe that happened, you would need to aim so high this makes no sense)

Deathslinger, you heard of... body blocks?

They shutdown his powers completely.

Overall, ranged killers needs buff, nothing less.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

They're obviously a very very new player. Missing a hatchet and clipping someone else is firmly within the realm of possibility.

What would be more interesting is if they were a cross -map hatchet savant and this awakened their superpower. It's easy for them because they're naturally good at it. Like one of those people that do algebra in their head.

• JustifiedOne
    JustifiedOne Member Posts: 14
    Options

These forums don't mean it's going to happen, and as quoted, if it's a bug, please fix (Xbox). Yes, the hit boxes are off, but that's been reported, and clipped by so many and the Yokohama estate is a smaller map coming down from the pyramid.

Why do we even have these forums if there's hostility and aggression displayed in them?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Removing skill factor on not an exactly best killer in the game is probably incorrect way to change it, unneeded.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

>I understand the game is not real life, but they need limitations. Those unexpected hits are not fun for anyone.

Those hits are literally some of the most funny parts of the game and I think most people who play as those killers would agree.

You won't get hit by a cross-map hatchet by accident if you pay attention too.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

It's not really bug.

Unless you think how survivors hitbox work is bug overall.

Even when survivor runs their visual is not hitbox. Hitbox in shape doesn't change no matter if survivor run or stand still. That's why it may seem hatchet hit behind you. Go find some tutorials that explain it better.

Also there used to be attempt to make hatchet smaller hitbox. It didn't end well and was reverted back.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Personally i do always smile when a huntress tries "luck" shots because it's mostly fun. When you know it's this kind of huntress adjust your playstyle and be more careful. It is pretty hard to hit on very long distance when people pay attention. In most cases you can position yourself very safe and predict shots.

Huntress hatchet hitboxes itself are pretty generous that's true but to be fair a lot of collisions in this game could work more precise and that's more or less a general hitbox problem.

That huntress can do damage over long distance is her trademark and removing it would kill a big part for me because i really enjoy this "dangerous" part of gameplay.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

Huntress is in a good spot. Please don't change anything about her. Especially her map-wide shots. They are pretty hard to land (using correct angle, timing it right, surprising survivors because they have time to dodge, not hitting any obstacle on the map). I see no reason to remove most skillful aspect of the killer