If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Solo queue matchmaking...

Options
mikewelk
mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

Went against a prestige two Wesker. Claudette cleansed a hex so I thought the game would only get easier. They hooked Elodie. Claudette went for the save immediately (?), got injured after the animation and then managed to get downed four seconds after (there was a loop right next to the hook and it was not a deadzone). The person unhooked ran like twenty metres away to spray themselves acting as if Killer Instinct suddenly wasn't a feature. Got downed fifteen seconds later. Both of them get unhooked by Nea and she gets hooked. The game carries on normally for a while. Claudette lasts about twenty seconds eventhough she wasn't injured. Nea is getting chased and the Critically Infected Elodie goes for the save straight away (she healed herself but didn't bother spraying). The Elodie gets grabbed by Wesker after he broke off chase after injuring Nea. Claudette lasts barely twenty five seconds since she was injured. The Nea runs past me so I follow her to heal her but it really didn't help that she ran in a straight line out in the open so Wesker immediately found us. I decided to take a hit for Nea.

This Wesker had to be new to playing killer. He kept trying to use his Viruelent Bound to grab me even though an M1 would've sufficed so clearly he was practicing at that point. I easily looped him whilst Nea was taking care of the last generator and he fully lost me mid-chase. I don't know what these survivors were doing. The Nea had Adrenaline so I thought it was an easy two out. I was wrong. Whilst Nea was looping at the exit gate after Wesker found her opening it, I went to open the one directly next to it. I opened it and left because she wasn't injured and would've easily gotten there if she just took a hit and ran for it. I went to spectate and she got downed still at that unopened exit gate with zero progress to go to the other one.

How am I getting survivors like this in iri one with 1,300+ hours in the game? Why was Nea the only survivor that could loop for a while?

By the way I had to do three generators all by myself whilst they were doing their thing. They were all prestige 17+.

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

This is any game with MMR. Weskers MMR was say- 1000. Yours is 800. Everyone else for the sake of argument is like 200. Your total MMR for the team is 1400. It couldn't get it exact because the search range was broadened to get you into a game quicker. It's going to happen any time the matchmaker prioritizes fast games over balanced ones.

Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with cleansing totems in of itself. Consider how common sloppy butcher is inner healing is not bad at all.

• mikewelk
    Options

There was absolutely zero mention of totem cleansing..? They cleansed a single hex, as I said.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 421
    Options

The neat thing is, matchmaking barely tries to match by skill, it's all about faster queue times. So this is why you'll have games where your teammates are barely sentient and other games where your teammates are literally space Jesus. I haven't found any consistency in matchmaking and they need to just give up on it and go back to grade-based matchmaking, which while flawed, is still miles better than what we have now.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

Solo queue matchmaking in DbD is horrendous. Probably the least fun thing I've encountered in a multiplayer game. I can't think of a game with worse matchmaking. The soft cap is way too low. It needs to raise by 300 points at least. The cop out answer we always get is "well, very few players are at the soft cap". But some players actually are, and it's not an insignificant number. And it is incredibly frustrating when you put in the time, play optimally, get a killer that straight up can't catch you, and consistently get teammates with 1/20th of your hours who don't even know the basics and go down instantly to that same killer. We're essentially told "your time, effort, and experience doesn't matter" through actions and words. But the most aggravating thing is that they don't even come out and say that. They just ignore these threads about solo queue matchmaking every single day.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

SoloQ literally only exists to replace balancing. As long as SoloQ is there, M1 killers will have an acceptable killrate.

Please stop pretending the developers even remotely care about the game.

Basekit Kindred? Nope!

Letting us see what perks the other survivors are bringing? Nope!

Functional matchmaking where the 1k winstreak Blight goes against sweaty 4 men with BNPS instead of random SoloQs? HAHA.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2023
    Options

This just goes to show that prestige levels mean absolutely nothing.

I have exactly this experience any here and there with people who are p100. You never know if these people are spending the most BP in one or several characters. *Maybe they spent all their points in one character.

I have over 6,000 hours and don't even have a P100 character, because i simply see no real benefit doing it. My max survivor level is 35, but nevertheless i have around 3k survivor experience.

Also, you never know if people are playing most of the time killer or survivor nor with which intention they go into the match. Wanna they do a challenge, achievement, just going for hatch or what ever?

And also you don't know how often they play and how much routine they have in decision making/ looping and what they have learned and what not.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

"Letting us see what perks the other survivors are bringing? Nope!"

This is a feature in the Mobile version, correct?

Yes, I know that is developed by a different company but I wonder why they do not exchange ideas.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    edited June 2023
    Options

The problem is implementing that type of system out of context in a game like DbD. You can hide a weaker player in a symmetrical PVP game to an extent if the other side also has a player at that MMR. I don't think BHVR understands that having one relatively weak survivor completely ruins a match for the 3 other survivors.

If a teacher assigns a group project to 4 people in a calculus class and one or two students somehow got put in the class and haven't even taken college algebra, everyone will probably fail the assignment.

• mikewelk
    Options

Whatever their intention is, they should be able to loop better than the AI if they intend to play in my lobbies. There is no excuse for throwing games like that Claudette and Elodie did.