I'm done for now

Options
JakeCannon
JakeCannon Member Posts: 542
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

Yes I know I'll be back someday (which is what I want but when things change). I'm tired of every killer besides the top 3 getting destroyed against average survivors who have great maps , high ping on either side that dictates hits, and random rng that really plays a huge roll in outcome .

Other random things are like doctor's lunge.. is trash and has been for a while(no seriously play doctor, then play trapper it's a substantial difference) .

Bully squads/killers, fast gens, and overall largely toxic player base with what seems to be one goal on each side since DH got nerfed. All these things make this game not worth the "fun" it brings on occasion .

I've tried switching up how I have fun but it's hard when 9/10 matches all the survivors wanna do is hold gens, not really try to loop and it's done within 5 min, OR someone DCs at first down because of a normal direct chase and the rest just stand at hooks . Sure it's obviously the only objective but this gets old pretty quick .

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 266
    Options

Yeah I'm basically just coming back for the masquerade to stockpile cakes and after that I'll probably be done until another major shakeup. The meta is stale and boring, it's genrush 24/7 and matches are completely binary and decided in the first 90 seconds, either you lose half the gens in the first chase and it's basically GG or you get a down and a DC/suicide on hook and it's basically GG.

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 456
    Options

I had one the other day. It all comes down to a snowball of them walking in your traps. I lock down the hardest loops and allocate all my other traps on a loop but not at obvious places (pallets, windows). Most survivors, no matter how experienced fall for them. I usually bring Honing Stone so they cannot wiggle out. But feel free to drop by and have a gaming night with me ;-)

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

i am actively trying to not play the game even though i want to sometimes just so i have the desire to play it in the anniversary event. also this week is the worst time imaginable to play killer with these garbage map odds so wouldn't suggest doing it. no need to play until you burn out

• whickedchainsaw
    whickedchainsaw Member Posts: 107
    Options

im not playing killer anymore until this stupid event is over and they fix gen rushing

• whickedchainsaw
    whickedchainsaw Member Posts: 107
    edited June 2023
    Options

why is behvior forcing us to play these broken maps? garden of joy, rpd and borgo.. whhy

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Relating to the killer experience

Does anyone have moments where survivors just don't make noise? No footsteps, not even the gaging sound of infected survivors?

• JakeCannon
    Options

And wouldn't you say Trappers lunge is alot longer and more consistent than doctor's? In order I started with hag, then blight, followed by dredge and now doctor.

I really enjoy mindgames against survivors, applying constant pressure and having it be reciprocated . Cheeky plays on both sides actually make me smile

I enjoy having a long drawn out game on both sides where I get hooks/kills and they get gens done at about the same rate to where I'm getting the 3rd/4th kill as the 4th/5th gen pops.

I truly HATE how now 9/10 matches 2-3 gens are done by the first chase no matter how fast it is, and how people don't loop much anymore it's just see killer coming, head to dead zones across one of the many giant maps.

• mca240
    edited June 2023
    Options

Newbie killer? Since when did over 2,5K hours became "newbie"? Lol. And the average survivor being close to P100...wouldn't call that "newbie" either.

However, this thread is not about me. This is about OP.

• mca240
    Options

This weak the newest maps are more in rotation. These aren't the most balanced ones unfortunately.

• mca240
    Options

Hmmm... I see. Yes, with the generator kick meta coming to an end, generators are going very fast. They are improving pop though, so we'll get something back.

A good alternative these days for gen kicking perks are Hex Plaything and Pentimento. Combined with other totems it forces them off generators to do totems.

What kind of killer do you prefer? Simpler killers or difficult ones to master like Blight? Console or PC?

I haven't noticed a difference between Trapper and Doctor's lunges to be honest. I am just happy I can lunge again, now that Dead Hard is nerfed.

• JakeCannon
    Options

Console, and I noticed I prefer m1 killers due to motion sickness, and hearing problems .

• mca240
    edited June 2023
    Options

Good to know.

I think your best options would be Plague, Mastermind of Nemesis.

Example of builds:

• Plague: Hex Undying, Hex Blood Favor, Pain Res and Dead Man's Switch/Corrupt Intervention
    • Mastermind: Agitation, Bamboozle, Corrupt Intervention, Pain Res

A slightly weaker killer, but fun one, is Dredge. Knight can be oppressive but I am not the best with him. Demogorgon, if you have access to him, can be decent as well.

Pain Res is the best killer perk in the game right now. Corrupt is great for building up momentum. Dead Lock can be used to stall games by a bit. Totem combination with Pentimento (Devour, Undying, Haunted Grounds for example) can be great as well.

Jolt can be good if you keep getting downs. It also tells you which generators they are working on.

Safe the best for last is one of the best perks on M1 killers.

Hope this helps and you regain some joy.

• JakeCannon
    Options

Unfortunately I only have plague unlocked . I also only have a couple of the perks you listed but for sure.

Thank you for all the advice ! I know I'm burnt out rn so I'm leaving for a while regardless.

• mca240
    edited June 2023
    Options

That is always a good decision. Good luck :). When you return, check what the meta is then. It will prob. have changed.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well, when traps are well placed, they are well placed. The thing what makes a trapper weak is when you have people who make it their mission to disarm those traps non stop. When @mca240 had games where people were not really coordinated (not full SWF) that is pretty much possible that rounds can escalate quite quickly also against experienced survivors.

• mca240
    Options

Correct. And I do bring the occasional iri stone and always make sure I am not being taled. Because yes, common strategy with premades.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

I completely agree, the charm and charisma that kept me playing for years is starting to dry up due to how sweaty everyone is.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited June 2023
    Options

I’d add that sometimes killers artificially inflate their MMR by camping & tunneling survivors who are at their skill level. MMR is gonna perceive that these players are strong enough to face more efficient teams and assign matches accordingly. They might also damage matchmaking through lobby dodging. Not saying OP has done any of these things (I don’t know), but it’s not always that matchmaking by itself just fails.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

noone knows. maybe it is their intention: blasting player count during the event because ppl took a 1 week break.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,244
    Options

I mean, I play The Pig, widely thought to be one of the weakest killers, using a purely Endgame build and tend to do get a 3K at least, if not 4K before the generators are even finished.

I think I am not a very good player overall, but hey. Maybe I am better at the game than I think I am.

Now, that said, I've kind of been taking a bit of a break myself, just logging in for the daily rewards and maybe playing a few games but not actively playing, and I won't be able to afford the new chapter until Friday.

If you need a break, definitely take one. We all get burned out on even our favorite games from time to time, and that's okay. <3

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

I hear ya, OP, as I'm in the same shoes. I'm checking the new chapter then I'll take some time off, too. I need a break and, most of all, I need to come back in a more chilled, not-playing-that-hard-to-win way. Until then enjoy your break and hope to see an improved game a couple of chapters later.