If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Decided to play a few games of survivor after a hiatus.

Options
Sharby
Sharby Member Posts: 498

You guys weren't kidding, literally every other game is just this.

Do you think kill-rates will see a big change with camping nerfs? I feel like killer is going to see another round of big buffs.

Comments

• Sharby
    Options

I get it, and I'm not faulting the player or complaining that he was doing something unfair.

My issue is that of the five or so games I played today, four of them included camping. I should also note I 3/4 escaped every single game that included camping. But even so.

Killers camped during EGC (fine.)

Killers camped during 5 gens (questionable.)

Killers camped during 1 gen left (fine.)

As you can see, camping is so frequent that its to be expected every game. What is going to happen when its nerfed to the point of not being a viable strategy? I'm actually worried. Even players who aren't scummy camp, even good players camp, its no longer a noob strategy. So the amount of people being affected by any nerfs to camping will be quite high.

Secondary objectives won't fix it, because it'll eventually reach that point again. But something is sorely needed, I don't envy the devs having the burden of unraveling this knot. I want to say that the concept of hooks is probably outdated, but idk.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yeah, the way I look at it, camping is only really poor form if there are other objectives remaining (or the justification is inversely proportional the number of remianing objectives). And what we can't see in this pic is where the remining gens are; if they're spread out, camping is more justified (because they can't prevent the last one getting done, really).

Once all the gens are done, defending any hooks is really the only thing a killer can do. Expecting a killer to leave their only remining objective "just because" isn't reasonable. Not saying a killer "deserves" endgame kills, but you really can't get mad at them for defending their last remaining objective.

But as you say, it's too effective in the early game (where's there's little justification for it), and it's lazy. Hopefully the new changes they make curtail it, but I'm skeptical.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

I hear you but it won't change much. Face camping will be replaced by proxy camping and tunnelling will be more frequent.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited June 2023
    Options

I think Ada and Rebecca had okay perks (Wiretap and Hyperfocus, respectively; and this may be because they’re licensed so Capcom had specific ideas about how they wanted their abilities to work). But survivors usually release with pretty bad stuff. Gabriel is probably the first non-licensed survivor since Mikaela to drop with anything decent. And he only has like one solid perk (Made for This) now.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 327
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yeah, if you're losing against your sibling at Mario Kart, it's acceptable that you unplug their controller on the last race.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

I see maybe one proxy camper per ten games, face campers are even rarer; is this a platform thing, are there different servers, or am I just the luckiest ######### in the world?

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

kill rates will increase since killers can not longer play in a way that loses them games

• Sharby
    Options

I hate to say it but maybe MMR? Tunneling and camping are seen as a high-level strat according to some.

I am by no means the best player ever, but I would say I'm decently high mmr based on how many big streamers I tend to run into.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

Made for this is a terrible perk that I hope doesn't make it to live, it's going to be mainly effective against M1 killers that need downs to get pressure, killers like Blight don't care if you're running at 100% or 103%, and killers like Nurse/Pyramid Head will just go find someone else if you run far enough.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    edited June 2023
    Options

And just like every other survivor perk people claim to be good, they won't be ran by a single person.

The last survivor perk that was actually decent was Reassurance, but I don't even know if I should consider it as a perk since it's a bandaid fix to a big issue.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 143
    Options

I'm certainly no top tier Survivor, but I'd assume that camping should occur at all levels; high level player would do it when they have no other chance, mid level players would do it when they think they have no other chance and low level players would do it because they have no meta-knowledge and without that it seems obvious to do.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I'm more interested in whether camping nerf actually works or not lol

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

This id actually a weird phenomenom, unless a perk literally gives you value capable of single handendly win the match, most survivors wont run it, for example I am baffled people genuinly think lucky break is a bad perk, it literally gives you a free escape from 1 chase at the very least, yet people say its bad, same with hyperfocus, but since people cannot hit greats its somehow deemed as bad, like under that regard blight is useless because I cant hit lethal rushes, idk its something that has always bugged me how some people deem perks that are genuinly even comp viable as useless because they are simply waiting for perks that literally play for them, not all people but many.