Improving 78 survivor perks so we can have more diversed/interesting matches and builds

Options
Masterninja
Masterninja Member Posts: 404
edited September 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Unoriginal and repetitive perks that need complete reworks to be interesting and make players want to use them:

Collective stealth, Power of two, Friendly competition, Emphatic conection, Reactive healing, Scavenger, Quick gambit, My lucky star, Scene partner, Up the ante and Troubleshooter.

_

This is not happening: now also works when healthy. Reduce the bonus from 30% to 25%.

Technician (new version): if you are alone in a gen the repairing noises are completely silent. Failing a skillcheck while repairing prevents the explosion and the gen loses 5% instead of 10%.

Corrective action (new version): remove the whole token system. When teammates are repairing and healing with you, their failed skillchecks are transformed into good ones and the good skillchecks into great ones. Teammates are notified of this perk.

Kinship (new version): if you are hooked and there is no teammates in a 40m meter radius, the hook timer pauses for 20s. Teammates are notified of this perk. Activates in both hook phases.

Soul guard: increase the endurance duration from 8s to 16s.

Wake up: now you are immune to the blindness and oblivious effect (doesn't counter killer powers) and can see how much progress the gates switches have by the intensity of their auras.

Left behind: now you can open hatch without a key.

Low profile: now it also hides (aura/screams/killer instinct) and gives you permanent 7% Haste while is active.

Sole survivor : increase the stackable radius from 24m to 30m and now you also gain +2% Haste with each token.

No one left behind: increase the healing and unhooking speed from 50% to 100%. Now the rest of survivors can see your aura.

Blood pact (new version): you and the obssesion see each other aura at any distance (remove the injured requirement). If one of you is healing the other and the action is stopped or gets completed, both gain a 7% Haste for 16s.

Fast track (new version): now each token gives you +1% repair speed up to 27%, you also gain 3 tokens when teammates are killed (not sacrificed).

Self-preservation: increase the range from 16m to 20m. Now also activates when a teammate is hooked within range.

Parental guidance: now it also hides pools of blood for the 7s duration.

Dance with me: reduce cooldown from 40s to 30s and now it also hides pools of blood for the duration.

Poised: now poised also makes your footsteps and fast vaults completely silent. The timer will only start the moment you start running. If you are more than 40m away from the killer when it activates, poised lasts 5s longer.

Cut loose: increase duration from 6s to 8s.

Calm spirit (new version): prevents crows from flying of by you, supresses the urge to scream. When a crow is disturbed by the killer in a 36m radius, his location (not aura) is revealed for 2s, with a 40s cooldown. Remove the totem and chest effects.

Small game (new version): now see totems aura in a 12m radius and you cleanse them silently. You gain tokens everytime a totem on the map is cleansed.

Plunderer's instinct: now you unlock chests silently.

Pharmacy (new version): you unlock 100% faster and the first chest guarantees a Ranger medkit (injured requirement removed). Now it also increases the efficiency of medkits found in chests by 75%.

Appraisal: increase the bonus from 80% to 100% and when unlocking a chest, the aura of the closest one to you (locked or opened) will be revealed for 6s.

Ace in the hole: the second add-on can be green raritie or lower and increase the chances to gain it from 50% to 100%. Now at the start of a match, 1 extra chest spawns on the map.

Detective hunch: increase the duration from 10s to 13s.

Stake out: reduce the time to gain tokens from 15s to 10s. Increase the bonus of hitting healing skillchecks from 3% to 6%.

Counterforce: increase the aura duration from 4s to 8s and remove the stack-able bonus, now the perk increases your cleansing speed by +40%.

Buckle up (new version): you gain the ability to pick up downed survivors and put them on your shoulder, while carrying a survivor you run at 3m/s and the teammate can recover himself.

Mettle of man: can be no longer used while in deep wounds and using it gives you deep wounds. Reduce the protection hits required from 3 to 2 and remove the aura revealing penalty effect.

Aftercare: when being hooked you only loose 2 teammate aura instead of 3.

Breakdown: increase the duration from 180s to 240s and the aura reading from 6s to 10s.

Guardian: now it also delays the killer loud noise notification when you unhook another survivor for 3s.

Built to last: change the percentages from 99%/66%/33% to 70%/55%/40% and reduce the time you have to spend in lockers from 12s to 6s. Old benefit = +198% / New = +165%

Streetwise: increase efficiency from 25% to 30%, radius from 8m to 16m and duration from 15s to 30s.

Residual manifest: increase duration from 30s to 45s. Now if you don't bring a flashlight yourself, you will start the trial with a yellow one in hand (remove the rummage requirement).

Open-handed: now also increases aura revealing times by 20% to all survivors, it can't be stacked more than once.

Leader: increase the radius from 8m to 16m. Now also affects blessing.

Any means necessary: reduce the time to put back up pallets from 4s to 3s.

Breakout: reduce it from 25% to 20%, but increase the Haste from 7% to 12% and the range from 5m to 8m.

Deception: increase the duration from 3s to 4s and now it also hides pools of blood for the duration.

Red herring (new version): while repairing press X button to activate it highlighting the gen, only for yourself. Now at anytime (moving or not, inside a locker or doing an action), press the same button to make a loud noise notification at the gen. It has a 60s cooldown.

Diversion (new version): remove terror radius requirement, now it has a 60s cooldown (30s initial cooldown at the start of the match). Note = not anymore useless agaisnt stealth killers

Autodidact (new version): you start with a -10% penalty and each token grants you +15% bonus, up to a maximum 3 tokens. Final bonus = 35% / Old bonus = 50%

Object of obsession (new version): remove the Obsession part. Now all the effects from the perk function no matter if you aren't the obssession or there's more than one Object of obsession in the match.

Repressed alliance: reduce the time it takes to activate from 45s to 40s and increase the duration from 30s to 40s.

Hyperfocus: no longer works if you are repairing with toolboxes.

Potential energy: reduce the time it takes to activate the perk from 8s to 3s and how much you need to repair to gain tokens from 1,5% to 1%. Now cancelling the action of storing energy will allow you to repair the gen normally again and getting hooked (not lose a healthstate) makes you lose tokens.

Overzealous: now you loose the effect when you get hooked, not when loosing a healthstate.

Decisive strike: remove skillcheck, activates instantly. Increase stun duration from 3s to 4s.

Dark sense: now each time a gen is completed you get a token up to a maximum of 5, when the perk activates you loose a token. Note = no longer loses uses if multiple gens are completed quickly

Blast mine: reduce the blindness (not stun) duration from 4s to 2s. Reduce the percentage it takes to activate from 50% to 40%.

Chemical trap: reduce the percentage it takes to activate it from 50% to 33% and the Hindered penalty from 50% to 35%.

Wiretap: reduce the duration from 120s to 40s and the percentage it takes to activate from 50% to 33%. Now it works with "Open handed".

Flashbang: now to craft it press X button while crouching for 3s. Reduce the percentage it takes to activate from 50% to 40%.

Rookie spirit (new version): you can see the aura of regressing and blocked gens in white all the time (remove the skillchecks requirement).

Premonition: reduce the range from 36m to 30m and the cooldown from 30s to 25s.

Spine chill: increase the bonus when the killer has clear line of sight from 6% to 15% and remove the 0,5s delay.

Lithe: now on windows it will only activate if you perform a fast vault (not a medium). Still works on pallets.

Background player: reduce the exhaustion from 40s to 20s and increase the duration from 4s to 5s.

Blood rush: no longer makes you lose a healthstate and suffer the broken effect for 20s. Note = now can be used while injured and also with Dead hard

Reassurance: increase activation range from 6m to 12m.

Tenacity: increase bonus movement speed from 50% to 100%. Reduce the grunts of pain reduction from 75% to 50%.

Situational awareness: now the effect (seeing all survivors auras for 10s when a teammate is downed) activates at any time, not only when you are repairing a gen.

Visionary: increase the radius from 32m to 40m. Remove the cooldown.

Windows of opportunity: reduce range from 32m to 28m.

Urban evasion: now also increases slow vaulting and slow entering lockers speed by a 20%.

Self aware: increase walking speed bonus from 20% to 25%.

Dark theory: increase the haste of the boon from 2% to 3% and the duration once outside from 4s to 8s.

Hope (new version): each time a gen is repaired, gain 5% of Haste for 20s the moment you start running. Note = is only an endgame perk, I just want it to be less circumstancial, because after 5 gens you can be dead or not being in any danger

Made for this: remove the endurance effect and now every time you get injured you will gain a 3% Haste for 60s.

For the people: reduce the broken duration from 60s to 40s. Note = a lot of people say this perk is very strong, but that is only because of SWF, "Made for this" and "Buckle up"

Bite the bullet: now it also gives immunity to Haemorrhage and +15% chance of triggering skillchecks while healing.

Better than new: increase the bonus from 16% to 33% and now it also gives +2% Haste. Getting injured removes all the effects.

Solidarity: increase the percentage you take back from 50% to 75%. Now teammates are notified of this perk.

Renewal: reduce the time to heal from 20s to 15s.

Resurgence: now will also grant you 15% healing progress, up to 45%, every time you stun the killer while being injured. Note = fits perfectly Jill phrase "It's my turn *****!"

Self-care (new version): you can heal yourself in 28s. This perk activates by performing a safe unhook or healing another survivor. Once healed, self-care deactivates.

Circle of healing: change the color of survivor auras shown by the boon from yellow to blue.

Desperate measures: increase the unhooking (not healing) speed for each ... survivor in the trial from 14% to 18%. Total bonus = 72% unhooking speed.

Inner focus (new version): now is a boon, while inside of it, whenever the killer takes away a survivor health state, gets stunned by any means or enters the boon radius, it's aura is revealed for 10s.

Post edited by Masterninja on

Comments

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't even mentioned a killer side perk.

Killers have about 10 good perks, survs have a bunch of good perks. I agree that some of the ones you mentioned suck, but let's look at the game at 360 degrees: even killers have horrible perks, and they are many more than survs.

Also add that the good perks of the surv unbalance the game, since they are abused and are game changing.

If we're being honest, given the condition of the game, the side with ######### perks that require urgent rework is the killer side. It being understood that both sides require heavy rework, not only to the perks but also to other things.

• DbDistorian
    DbDistorian Member Posts: 7
    Options

no you're not wrong, not a single killer perk was mentioned.

op if you wanna talk about balancing perks u have to balance both sides, not just one. when was the last time you saw territorial imperative or furtive chase?

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

There are a few gems in here, but this is mostly insane power creep.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,878
    Options

There are some great changes but some that are terrible

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 715
    Options

I also made a list of Balance Changes for the least used and terrible perks that could used significantly buffs and reworks to make them viable. Just Balance enough to make them usable and can be see in any game

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Seriously, have you ever seen territorial imperative or furtive chase? I didn't even remember that these 2 perks exist, lol

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

Emphatic conection: is just a worse version of empathy.?!

Dude, I don't want to run to the survivors to heal them

Let them come to you and also heal them 10% faster

empathy is the bad version of this

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

Distortion is fine as is. With so many aura reading abilities in the game, its nice to have options.

Having distortion also gives that survivor a secondary objective. They need to get near the killer without being caught for 30 seconds to gain a single token.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

It's weird that every perk OP has is a huge buff..... except distortion. Which is a huge nerf.

Also distortion is not a secondary objective. If you get caught it still gains tokens. Honestly the only way I've ever run out is vs a full aura huntress cuz her TR is so small.

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

T

There are plenty of situations where you can run out, however they are usually killer add on or a full aura build.

Scratched Mirror Myers, Black Incense Plague, etc.

I used to be a Distortion enjoyer, but now its replaced with deja vu.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,742
    Options

to be fair, a large part of survivor perks are not very good. and I would support his power-creep on a vast majority of them. I think only two perks I'd disagree with is streetwise going from 25%->50% and build to last going from 99/66/33->80%/60%/20% with 8 second recharge time. I don't think anyone needs to explanation in regards to toolboxes and these two perks.

Are these type of changes that I would do on x perks? Likely not. For example if I was buffing a perk like Poised, I would increase duration of the perk to 30 seconds and grant the perk 5% haste. I see poise to be something similar to new killer perk Machine Learning but for survivor. In my experience from playing the game for long time, I don't think BVHR has any plans to be risky with perks. they have always stated to be against any power-creep in regards to perk changes.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

They're a version of each other.

Empathy gives you info where the chase takes place and you can bring your heals to them when they're safe.

Emphatic gives them the info where you are for a safe and quicker heal.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Oh nooo don't change distortion please, it's my favorite perk :(

I love a lot of your other ideas though! Great write up. Self care is a very interesting fix as well.