If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

De-Incentivize Gen Rushing and Gen Regression

Options

This would be a very simple solution to solve both Gen Regression and Gen Rushing at the same time, which I'll call the "Difficulty Adjustment" mechanic.

• If the Killer is currently not running any perks that cause Generators to regress, the repair time of Generators is increased by 20 seconds.
  • For each Survivor currently not running any perks that cause Generators to progress faster, the repair time of Generators is reduced by 5 seconds, up to 20 seconds.

Additionally, here's penalties for running progression/regression perks:

• For each Survivor that runs a Generator progression perk of any type, repair time is increased by 5 seconds. This doubles if the Survivor has a complete loadout of progression perks, per Survivor.
  • For each regression Perk that the Killer runs, repair time is reduced by 5 seconds. This doubles if the Killer has a complete loadout of regression perks.

And to cover the solo queue portion of the game since players will definitely suffer from it, too:

• Solo queue players will be penalized 50% less than those in teams.

And finally, one baseline change to Generators:

• Generator repair time is reduced to 80 seconds.

These changes would solve a lot of the problems both sides have. People complain a lot about how Killers use gen regression and stall out the match, people complain a lot about how Survivors use gen progression and rush through generators. So this would give people reason not to run these perks at all and start to experiment with the plethora of other perks in the game that exist.

This change solves both issues and ensures a fair match for all players involved and also solves the question of whether we should increase or reduce generator speeds by making it dependent on the players themselves. It can even provide a significant challenge for Killer players or Survivor teams who want to have their game be a little more difficult.

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited June 2023
    Options

What a tortured and overwrought solution to a problem that I'm not really convinced exists. Gen regression is dead outside of like two perks anyway. You'll get better results with deadlock and dead man's than any of the anemic regression perks we have left.

It's got too many variables to every achieve anything resembling balance. It'd make gen timing impossible for the killer to keep tabs on. Typically I can feel out when and where a gen is gonna pop. With this variance there'd me no way to know.

Ok. Survivors. So if I bring Prove to help with a challenge I'm hindering my teammates? If everyone brings it we're just screwed? The perks I can bring while playing with my friends are penalized now? It's just not gonna happen.

Finally: progression and regression are not two sides of the same coin. Survivors don't need any progression perks at all to bang out gens if they just split up and stay safe. But killers without mobility need some sort of stall in order to make the game last long enough to tilt in their favor. Clown, legion, Dr, onryo, etc etc. Stall functions as ersatz pressure to make up for what they naturally lack regarding being able to pressure the map.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options

Too difficult to implement and highly not noob friendly.

Also you never want to introduce mechanic that would work differently for soloQ and SWF. You need to work with both in mind while designing features, but simply make it 50% different is lazy and bad for the game.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Do I get this right: Killers should be animated not to run regression perks and as trade they become more or less a fullstack thana for free but on the other hand survivors get repair boosts when they do not run gen pressure perks?

That makes no sense.