If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Deathslinger speargun negating BT Status

Options

I normally don't get that annoyed by tunneling and camping killers. It's a way of life now. However, the game I just played is definitely an exception and I'm pretty annoyed.

I discovered the hard way while being tunneled by a Deathslinger that he can immediately spear you with his speargun after you get unhooked and then just hold you in place until the Borrowed Time status wears off by not reeling you in. And with just me struggling I couldn't manage to break free in time.

So after I got unhooked the first time he speared me and waited out Borrowed Time. Then after getting unhooked again he speared me and waited out Borrowed Time again. This was pretty infuriating. It's pretty difficult to dodge the spears at close range if the killer has any amount of skill.

I propose changing it so that if he spears you within the initial BT status effect the spear should instantly break, exactly like it would when the survivor breaks loose after filling the struggle meter, briefly stunning the killer and inflicting the survivor with the Deep Wound status. Exactly as it would happen normally. This way the survivor at least has a chance and it's more in line with various other killer's attacks and abilities vs BT.

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Yeah you have every right to be annoyed by that. If there's no counter to it, then it doesn't belong in the game. I had one like that recently but he messed it up because he was too trigger-happy lmao.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2023
    Options

To be fair, that's pretty much this killer's only true strength, that he's pretty good at tunneling.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,555
    Options

Are you arguing you should still be able to run away even tho he speared you?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

The counter is for your teammate who unhooks you to bodyblock for you to take the spear or force the break if you're already speared. I know not having a total get out of jail free card option sucks and depending on coordination in Soloq is a hard sale, but the strat to counter this was figured about 3 months into Slinger's lifespan.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

pyramid head was able to down you and your savior after unhook directly

So in your logic this is a completely healthy thing and should be preserved and not changed

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Solo queue players are usually the most selfish. Had one injured survivor boon, sabotage, and run around in circles whilst their teammate was getting chased and could have easily gotten hatch by how long they lasted.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,555
    Options
  • Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 426
    Options

An annoyance with Deathslinger is trying to spear survivor's that are going for the unhook. Unless it's a point blank shot the game tend's to move the spear to the survivor who's being unhooked and bam, you got yourself a freshly unhooked survivor speared and ready, even though that's not where you aimed.

As other's have mentioned, the team mate should of done something to help prevent it. Perk's that prevent this though are Off The Record and Borrowed Time, the lengthier endurance time is never expected.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It's a quirk, he have downside and upside, notably he can't really hit at all even if he hits survs from far away, I don't think this will be considered as "unfair" or anything.

I just wish him to have something better than tunneling though...

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

I wish they change his gun reel to a special attack like how they did nurse, its stupid he can still noed after reeling and yet piggy cant do that with her ambush attack.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    edited June 2023
    Options

In Slinger's case I've always seen it as the spear itself is the special attack, since it can damage even if it can't down, while the follow-up is an M1. So it's more like a Trapper bear trap or Legion's Feral Frenzy