If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can we buff decisive strike to 4 seconds again? I still get tunneled quite often and run it

Options
GHOSTfaceP3
GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

But going up against a killer with mobility makes this perk useless, ds isn't op at 4 seconds and the nerf was overkill

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Five seconds was definitely overpowered but three seconds feels like two before you actually get allowed to run, even the killer animation looks weird. Four should be fine.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Apart from people body-blocking with it or forcing the DS by jumping into lockers, I'm pretty sure the FIVE second stun was an issue.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

Tunneling is not meant to be stopped completely, you have a team it's their responsibility to get the killer off of you in that position, and if the killer still insists on going after you well guess what, he paid for the game to and he's allowed to play just the same as you. Besides you have a ton of options to help out with tunneling you don't need a 4-5s stun on top of a 80s endurance to go with your sprint burst after self unhooking in the killer's face.

• tech
    tech Member Posts: 30
    Options

i think it would be fine at 5 the only issue was that it worked when the gates were powered so the killer could not get the survivor with ds as if they were picked up they would jump off and escape but if they were left on the floor they would crawl out and escape so it being back at 5 should be fine just no activation on powered gates.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,750
    Options

I agree. Ideally it should go back to five seconds. But four would be decent too.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

skill issue

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,011
    edited June 2023
    Options

It used to be a 3 second stun back in the old days. But enduring worked on it. So it was buffed to 5 seconds, because enduring hard countered it. Part of the deal of that, was that when enduring was changed to not affect DS anymore, that DS would be put back to 3 seconds. That never happened for years. So the nerf to 3 seconds is just bringing back the status quo and closing the loop on the original "deal".

Now, to answer your question, if you hit the killer with DS, can you explain in what world the killer would not want to keep tunneling you? You just burned your DS, you are injured, and you are within 12 meters of them, and they likely know where you are. At that point, it would be stupid to NOT continue chasing you, this would be true even if it were 5 seconds, because you would still most likely be the most prime target for them to go after.

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

I wish it was more punishing.

This isn't comp. Some people just want to play the game.

Hopefully in DBD2 there's a ranked and unranked mode.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

Its not useless, 10s basekit bt at 110% means any pallet within 44m is reachable. so you are practically guaranteed to reach a loop, meaning you'll probably go down looping. So hit the skillcheck and continue. It serves more as a tunnel punisher rather than a denier. Maybe 4s would be good for it though, since OTR completely blows ds out of the water.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

Now that "Decisive Strike" is deactivated once the endgame starts, it may as well go back to 5 seconds. The stun duration was never a big issue; using it for cheesing an escape was the greatest complaint.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Tunneling is part of the game, the devs have literally pushed killers to that point.

I disagree with DS going back to 5s because

1. Game State: The state that the game is currently in with BT basekit, God loops, **it map designs and RNG litertally being a factor. Granted these are core game issues if you bring back 5s DS now, your just adding a extreme headache to balance and killers
    2. Granted nothing much has changed about the meta really, If you revert DS to 5s we might as well undo 6.0 and go back to a boring meta that we've had FOR SEVERAL YEARS
    3. I personally feel DS should have gone back to a 3s stun a long time ago when they nerfed Enduring(perk) to only effect pallets because, since that was the sole reason they made it 5s
  • MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

I have always thought DS should work on both unhooks and be deleted in end game (I got tired of playing fair and being punished in end game). They did the endgame but forgot the rest sorry guys. I was around for offensive DS and I don't want that back so perhaps shorten timer? Or deactivates after entering a locker?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,412
    Options

I think the stun time should change depending on how close survivors are to completing their objective. For example, at 5 gens, DS is a 5 second stun, but for every generator completed, the stun time is reduced by 0.5 seconds, down to a 3 second stun at 1 gen (and the perk is disabled completely when the exits are powered).

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Sure. But halve the timer.