For the sake of consistency

LiunUK
LiunUK Member Posts: 944
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

now that we have the perk scavenger which allows us to rummage for a tool box as well as residual manifest that allows us to rummage for a flashlight

can we change the perk pharmacy to allow us to rummage for a med kit instead of guaranteeing one on the first search, as well as removing the injured requirements as its just an outdated thing and with the med kit nerf there's no reason this change cant be made.

this will allow the perk to be useable even if another survivor has already searched all the chests before you

Post edited by LiunUK on

Comments

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 208

I would ask for the opposite, having to search a chest then rummage it can feel extremely slow and pharmacy was already made more akward to use by requring you to be injured first meaning you can't get the medkit at the start of the game, when there isn't much demmand to help anyone else yet. Being able to search a chets at the start of the game to get the item you want feels very good but spending 20~ seconds to do so doesn't and I'd much rather pharmacy had its old text and risidual manifest and scavenger would just guarentee on the first search instead of rummage.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,718

That would be a nerf to Pharmacy since you'd have to open a chest and then rummage, which would take longer than just opening.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300

I never use the perk but isnt it for any chest now or is it really limited to just one chest? if so then lord that does need to tune up. I personally just run self care imo even though it takes ages but... at least if things go down and i have no one to heal me its there.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,246

That'd end up being a nerf, one of the only things Pharmacy has left going for it is that you get the medkit fast.

• LiunUK
    edited June 2023

yes it would take a bit longer to get the med kit but pharmacy makes you search chests 80% faster to open the chest.

and what if all the chests are already opened? the perk dose not do anything then.

also say you open a chest and get a med kit out of it but later in the match you need to heal again you can go back to that chest and rummage it for another med kit this change will give the pharmacy more utility overall.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,718

It can be used multiple times, you just have to open chests while injured. It doesn't work while healthy.

The reason Pharmacy is bad isn't because of the availability of medkits, it's because it's too slow now. Before the medkit nerfs, Pharmacy was actually a pretty decent perk that not many people used and it was kinda underrated imo. But now it's not as good because it's a lot slower to use. The only change I want for it is for it to give a 50% healing speed increase when using a medkit that you obtained from the perk. This doesn't entirely offset the nerf (which is fine because green medkits were kinda dumb) but it would help.

Also, 80% faster isn't reducing the time by 80% down to 2 seconds, it's 80% increased action speed which looks like this: 10 / 1.8 = 5.6 seconds to open the chest.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

Pharmacy´s 80% doesnt work while healthy..

• LiunUK
    edited June 2023

added that they remove the injured requierment it to my suggestion

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,246

From all of my Pharmacy usage (I am a certified Quentin enjoyer), not being able to get a single medkit using it in a trial is exceedingly rare. I'm far more likely to get 2 or 3 Medkits than 0. People generally don't open chests unless they have a good reason to (like Plunderer's Build or another Pharmacy user, but you basically never see these).

This change would solve a 1/100 game scenario while making the perk far worse. Not worth it. Making it rummage-only would kill the perk (even more than it already has been).

A much better idea in my opinion would to give the perk a single rummage token, that goes away if you open a chest while injured or rummage a chest. It wouldn't change the perk's regular usage while giving it something to fall back on in the rare case of all chests being opened.

Like @sizzlingmario4 said anyway, this isn't the biggest issue with the perk at the moment. It got absolutely obliterated by the nerf to Medkits and needs a speed buff badly.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

It´s funny how they "buffed" Pharmacy to give more than 1 medkit but

1. only works when injured,

2. green medkits only heal once and

3. medkit nerf made the rarity meaningless for yourself.

Since they´re gonna add more survivor items or special items could the item perks also get reworked to have their own unique item?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,874

I think when you use pharmacy you should get a special pre-nerf medkit that can't be taken out of the trial.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Lol that's such a dumb stipulation to put on a perk. Probably even worse then Calm Spirit nerfing you 20%

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Pharmacy is already garbage after the 'buff' that was just a nerf. It then just got nerfed again because an Emergency Medkit is identical to a brown medkit if you're healing yourself now, why bother bringing a perk just so you can waste time looking for a chest while injured and guaranteeing a brown medkit?

And now you wanna have to waste MORE time having to take the item out the chest and rummaging?