The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer is beginning to feel frustrating again

End_of_Slayer
End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Last night as I was grinding my way back to rank one for killer for the bloodpoints for today’s chapter, I was having quite a good time with playing killer. I was winning matches and doing fairly well with everything. Flash forward to today and it feels extremely frustrating to play now.

For whatever reason, it just seems like survivors don’t want to actually play the game and would rather do gens to just get out as fast as possible, leaving little to no interaction on either side and more frustration with killer.

Since Deja Vu got buffed, I’ve seen at least 2-3 of that perk in every single game. And the survivors just group up to hammer the gens before I can even find the first survivor or get a down.

I understand not wanting to have 3 gens be a big factor of the game as it can lead to the game lasting for an hour, but we shouldn’t also keep making new perks to just make pushing gens even better than it already was. I feel there needs to be a balance where a game shouldn’t go over 30 minutes, but it also shouldn’t be quicker than 5.

Plus, with Gabe’s perk Made of This being combined with resilience, it just doesn’t feel good to play killer at this moment in time. This doesn’t even factor in the fact that Singularity feels very underwhelming since the EMPs feel so plentiful and his power doesn’t feel good to use.

I don’t feel like a relentless killing machine trying to make my body better, I feel like a grain of sand trying to swim in the ocean.

Overclock is good, but doesn’t last long enough to gain any major use out of it, plus the EMPs are so plentiful that you’ll rarely get that part of your power in the first place. Every time I slipstreamed a survivor, they immediately got rid of it and destroyed the biopod that hit them, so there was no point of even doing it except to know they’re on the gen at the other end of the map. Plus if you teleport to a survivor, that survivor gains so much distance during your teleport that it’s almost worthless to try doing it, making overclock even more worthless.

The one time I’ve managed to get overclock to feel good was when I teleported under a dropped pallet and immediately broke it, forcing the survivor to leave the loop, but there was still another loop right nearby.

I’ve only played Singularity thus far and while I enjoy everything about him; the power just feels lackluster compared to what I saw some content creators doing on the ptb.

And while I gladly welcome the Deja vu buff, it still worries me about the future for gen speeds, cause they already went pretty fast with all things considered, now they go even faster due to Deja Vu. Not even mentioning Prove Thyself and toolboxes, hyper focus stake out. It just gets boring and frustrating when the games are all just survivors trying to leave as fast as possible

But maybe I’m insane, maybe everyone else is having a blast with this update. I’m having fun, I just… don’t enjoy matches going by so quick to the point I can’t even learn how to play the new killer properly. Plus I can’t even get his power to work half the time due to all the EMPs. But that’s my two cents on it

Post edited by Gcarrara on

Comments