The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Made for this is a problem or not

BlueHorkew
BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081

I am going to give my opinion, but this perk is hard to judge.

First, all the stupid clips of people doing infintes of using this perk with hope are stupid. You are complaining about the perk that gives you 3%, when hope by itself is already really good and is making most of the heavy lifting on those clips.

I have played with the perk and went against it as killer.

The perk is good, easly the best perk out of the DLC for survivor, just the 3% would have made the perk really good, but the endurance effect is just a nice addition, even tho never managed to pull it off.

The perk is really good when looping structures to get to windows and to counter killers that rely on bloodlust to get hits on dropped pallets.

The is absolutly the stonghest against M1 killers, but looses most of his strength against M2 Killers.

Playing as a M1 Killer against made for this, i could feel it in action.

But i also, ask myself if the perk is worth an exhaustion slot, would that survivor be worst if he had an exhaustion perk.

After realizing what was happening, i decided to give up chase to try and create pressure and since i had sloppy butcher i knew it would be difficult for him to go back to full health and could maybe catch him later at better position.

Sure enough, that happened. I caught him in a bad position and without an exhaustion perk and being injured he went down very fast.

The rest of the match i never noticed the perk doing anything against me.

So, in conclusion. Yes, the perk is good and makes good loopers even better, especially if you don't have a power to counter looping, but i am not sure if other exhaution perks wouldn't made more impact on certain situations. Because, yes. Made for stole me 1 hit at one loop, but i can recall SB, lithes and Balanced landings also stealing me hits much more frequently.

The perk is good 100%, but if it will be a problem or meta i am still not sure. Also, people constantly ask bhvr to release new strong perks, to change up the meta. I am tired of constantly seeing new weaker versions of perks that we already have and the only meta shake ups being nerfs to the best perks.

So having this new strong perk indicates that bhvr will try to release more perks that actually impact the game.

This patch made me try new builds and i am having a ton of fun doing it. Feels nice having perks that aren't only used for adepts. And i am talking for survivor and killer.

I also love that the best gen regression perks for killers are all perk that require downs and chasing. Pain Res, POP, Eruption, Jolt, all of them feel great to use

Comments

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 935
    edited June 2023

I personally think the perk alone is perfectly fine but yeah like you stated with Hope it is kinda nutty against M1 killers, in my opinion M2 killers will have a hard time if the player knows what their doing with such speed.

Either make it not stack with other Haste perks or cap haste at a certain speed that makes it so your not the same speed or above a killer thats 110 ms, thats all haste needs to be honest.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300

Perk is so situational , I see people using it and the killer 115% or killers like spirit/nurse/blight/wraith or even onyru still catches up quite fine. Unless 110 killer and well hope which makes 110 kill impossible to catch you its really aint that serious imo. This perk only maybe a problem in swfs but so far am not seeing many people even using this perk lol.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Haste perks should not be stacked or at least there should be cap for it.

Perk is by itself just fine.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482

If you stack haste it's a problem. Alone is ok

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498

If resilience or hope were released today people would be making the same arguments as for why they're broken too.

It's not op, it's a risk vs reward perk much like DH is except far easier to beat than DH because it doesn't prevent usage of lunge or power.

People dislike the perk so much because it's main counter is mindgames instead of mindlessly bloodlusting at every obstacle.

Which unsurprisingly a lot of killer players rely on.

• OwlWithMustache
    OwlWithMustache Member Posts: 57

It unironically makes bad loopers look pretty decent. I would know since I am absolutly dogshit as survivor and I can make windows and pallets I couldn't even dream of making pre patch. It's also oddly easy to tell it's in use when you're playing as killer, so that doesn't feel too great

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465

Why they do this to make real subtle cheaters impossible to spot?

I haven't used the perk or gone against it yet but the videos I have seen look disgusting.

The game already has pallet into pallet into god pallet. I mean seriously.

I have played majority of killers and it will hurt the weaker ones more. Well thought out then!

Oh I might try deja vu with resilience and prove thyself to see how much of a joke that will be too.

Are they that desperate for money they have to release pay to win or grind content.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Being faster at looping and being faster at the chase start is entirely different things, otherwise sprint burst would be considered broken as hell and dead hard would be considered useless.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,231

Just do the whole "deactivates in end game" and call it a day. The real problem with this perk is how it can be stacked with hope and make nearly uncatchable survivors for the majority of the killer roster. The perk normally can be heavily mitigated with fearmonger and does not synergize with exhaustion perks. It does not need massive nerfs. In most cases you're already sacrificing an exhaustion perk in order to use it.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Thats why I believe that Dark Theory wasn't actually that bad, it allowed for the same increased close calls and haireline escapes, but was massive hold back by being a Boon perk that only worked in the booned area. Had it like double the reach of a normal boon, it would have been a very good perk, but at the moment its way to limited. MFT though ....

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
    edited June 2023

Pretty much what other people said, alone it's fine, infact I'd say alone it's really bad, but it -can- become an issue against m1 killers if paired with Hope.

• Sharby

You mean the perk that only activiates after all five gens are finished? How is that an issue? Its not an auto-win combo, you absolutely should be rewarded for playing with three perks the entire game if you managed to still finish the gens without dying.

In the same way survivors aren't entitled to free escapes, why are M1 killers entitled to free kills? M1 killers will still be bad regardless if the perk is nerfed or not, we as a playerbase need to move away from the notion that everything survivor-sided needs to be watered down and balanced around M1 killers, that will never fix the issue and will just make survivor increasingly boring to play.

M1 killers just need buffs as a whole.

And for as much as people say M1 killers are unplayable, they still all have good killrates and can still all 4k more than they 0k due to how the game works, skill variance, and perks. People seriously overrate how bad they are imo.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

By itself? It is strong against any killer, but it really is problematic against the ranged trio. Stacking with Hope or other perks? Busted af. I feel like this is one of those cases where although it isn't that common, the fact that it exists makes the game so stupid on the cases where this perk is used. It kinda reminds me of reworked Boil Over.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Hope on it's own is fine, where did I say there was an issue with it? Same with other Haste perks, on their own they're fine or even weak, the problem is when you run them together and reach speeds you're not really supposed to reach.

• Sharby

Who gets to dictate what speeds survivors are "supposed" to reach? 110% MS still isn't faster than a majority of the killer roster, and you are still injured, meaning any failed mindgame or getting hit by a killer power results in a down. This combo is good only in the hands of good players, who would be strong with any combo. Most of the playerbase is not getting insane value from this duo, therefore rendering any claims about it being auto-win or gamebreaking moot.

Haste stacking isn't uncounterable, it just requires a different approach just like the many other combos for both killer AND survivor.

Anyone claiming they're suddenly losing all their chases/games is coping superhard and just choosing a popular scapegoat.

• fulltonon
    edited June 2023

If survivors mindgamed or getting hit by killer power (which designed to be counterable with just 100% speed) at 110% movement speed, they are very, unbelievably and ridiculously bad, to the point they aren't even trying to play the game.

You are thinking entire survivor playerbase as if they are 1 year old baby, they aren't so please don't.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I don’t necessarily think it’s an issue but movement speed perks in general should be thought out fully before added.

Haste stacking will become more and more an issue the longer this goes on and made for this having next to no activation requirements makes it one of the most potentially problematic ones

• Sharby

Shockingly, the majority of the survivor playbase is bad, given the fact this game is a casual one, that's why killrates even for bad M1 killers are still high.

Additionally, there are plenty of unsafe pallets and deadzones are still a thing, acting like 110% movement will suddenly make dogshit pallets not dogshit is false.

If you are suddenly losing most of your games because of this perk, you are just not good at killer plain and simple.

• fulltonon
    edited June 2023

You don't need to use dogshit pallet with 110% movement speed at all.

If you can't understand how big it is, you just don't know anything, literally not a single thing about the game, plain and simple.

And no, deadzone or unsafe pallet also doesn't exist with 110% movement speed, anyone can run around like a headless chicken and reach the safe zone even from the corner of the map.

• Sharby

Never once have I ever said 110% ms isn't strong. It is strong, that's the entire point. There is nothing wrong with perks being strong, or combos being strong.

You sacrifice an entire perkslot to make the combo work ONLY once all gens are finished or hatch gets closed.

In order for something to be "autowin" it needs to be unconditional with no skill requirements to pull off, which, even if the perk gets removed from the game. You would still be wrong for claiming its either of those.

In order for something to be "overpowered", it needs to render all alternatives useless by a huge margin. MFT doesn't work with Sprint Burst, the best exhaustion perk in the game. MFT doesn't work with Adrenaline or Lithe. Meaning even within the pool of chase perks, there are plenty of strong alternatives to MFT.

Please continue to keep telling on yourself though.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

Personally, I'm fine with MFT by itself. I don't think is all that op and could play around it as a killer. That said I do think it's a problem when it's compared with the other haste perks. Even just comparing it with Hope is an issue imo since Hope was already really strong and can be so annoying to the point I usually just let the Hope person leave for free bc I just don't feel like chasing them. I just think haste needs a max cap so ppl can just stack the perks together to be as fast or faster as killers. MFT doesn't been a nerf tho and I hope that is not the path they take.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685

If it gets nerfed idc, if it stays the same idc

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103

Perks alone is fine. Problem is this perk can stack with others haste perks, making it Overpowered.

The best change should make haste perk not stackable.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

I’m pretty sure the math doesn’t support a survivor who is still measurably slower than a killer running from one corner of the map to the other without the killer catching up. Absent a literal, infinite loop the only reason for the killer to not catch up is they were outplayed that time around. If there is a literal, infinite loop then I have good news - none of us are robots and don’t execute everything with machine precision. Eventually, someone’s going to screw up.

• fulltonon
    edited June 2023

It's actually funny how you literally defend literal infinite loops, lmao.

This is the first time I've seen someone does that.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482

Nah, given that stacking perks is the only way to make it worthwhile for average Survivor, that's not needed.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482

I can't help but laugh at these forums, now "Hope is really strong" and "Haste stacking is an issue" despite it never being seen because it's an situational endgame perk.

There's a reason why almost nobody ever ran Haste stacking builds: The perks are weak by themselves and require stacking and require a SWF because they're awful in solo queue, and can be undone even in a SWF with only 1 or 2 mistakes. People are only whining now because the content creators said it's a big deal and cherrypicked Reddit clips of awful Killers not using their powers correctly went viral.

3% haste is absolutely not ######### OP, it wasn't OP with Dark Theory, wasn't OP with any of the others, and isn't OP now. If you struggle to deal with basic Haste THIS much, maybe stop playing Trapper, hmm?

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

I feel like there should be some limitation, IMO it's on par with stacking gen regression perks. We go full circle between killer and survivor buff/nerfs that we always end in the same position as before. The "meta shifts" and perks are a total clown show.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The problem is how it can extend chases and that there is nothing that really gates it's usage. You get 3% basically because the killer has attempted to play the game with you. It's a bad way to give haste and the fact that it can stack with other perks isn't great. Yeah, you can play around it, but that doesn't mean it's balanced. Just means it isn't gamebreaking. DBD is big time management simulator and 3% adds extra seconds and meters of distance to chases. Killers are only a single player and can't cover everything at once. The game pace is already on the cusp of being completely out of control and unconditional chase extensions suck to deal with and should be limited.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

I wasn’t defending them, simply preempting someone coming along and ‘um actually, map x sometimes spawns with one’ing me. Apparently even this isn’t enough to hold back the tide of contrarianism.

• fulltonon

Sorry, anyone with sanity can understand giving official subtle speed hacks to one side is problematic.

The design of all other haste perks already tells how broken the effect is, they are limited because it is strongest effect in the game almost equivalent to "can kill survivors", giving it right away is of course broken.

I've never even watched any content creator but can understand how broken it is, because luckily I did not lacks game sense.

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 366

No you don't even need to stack up to make it problematic.

3% itself is already broken.

3% mean that you can gain extra 25%more distance in chasing.

We don't even need to talk about how 25% distance would effect looping.

Just extra 25%distance for shift+w in to pre-drop is already so problematic.

Where is 25% come from?

We using a 24 m chasing for example

Normally a killer need to spend 40 sec (24/(0.15*4)) to caught up.

With MFT it took killer 50 sec(24/((0.15-0.03)*4)) to caught up.

So yes,10sec of 40sec is 25%of extra time, the distance will be little more than 25%.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

i hope they dont nerf it.

every perk for the past 2 years has felt so mediocre especially for survivors, they are either perks that only work well with swf or are just bad