The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why all the hate for the new chapter?

Exerlin
Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I don't get it. We get some cool perks and a neat killer, but everyone's just complaining about it. Did you want a perfect update or something? A lot of y'all are so blinded by your reactionary disappointment that you can't see that we have some fun new toys to play with. There doesn't seem to be anything to warrant such an outcry in this update, it's fine and didn't break the game

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,834

As far as i can tell, Singularity has potential but it needs some more balance adjustment to fully shine.

I don't hate the chapter, in fact i think it's a big step up from last chapter, however i would be lying if i said that it didn't have some rough spots that needs to be smoothed out a bit.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    edited June 2023

I wouldn't say the chapter and killer is bad. Just the new killer is really hard to play as and can be frustrating especially if the survivors are decent at the emps and you not playing great. In most of my matches last night they ended the same way, emp use snowballed to a point where I couldn't even use my power. The only 4k I got was my adept run and wasn't even anything I really did to get the 4k, it was most likely due to the fact the survivors made big mistakes. The rest of my matches were 3 to 4 escapes. The worst part is I have no clue what I need to do to get better as he and I am not new to dbd either(I have over 1000 hrs).

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

Did you want a perfect update or something?

I want to have fun. The killer is not fun, the map is awful. I had my time with both knight and SM, both got to p10 or so, but I can't see me playing this chapter.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

My main issues with the new chapter is Toba Landing (It's one of the worst maps in the game. Probably THE worst) and Singularity's power being a clunky mess. Other than that, the chapter is great.

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

I'm pretty happy with the new chapter. Always been a big fan of sci-fi. The Single Lady, I mean Singularity, is difficult and his power feels clunky (for me, at least).

Love the new map. Fun as survivor, kind of a pain on killer. Love the small details (millipedes running across the floor, the reptile birds flying in the sky, all the flora).

Made for This is a new staple in my build currently at the moment, having a blast with it.

EMPs do need to be adjusted, though.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

In addition to this the feedback from the PTB wasn't this bad. I fear whatever BVHR does next will not be appreciated by many.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited June 2023

I wanted to like this killer, much like I wanted to like Skull Merchant. Unfortunately his power is just godawful. It doesn't exist. You waste time setting up cameras that do nothing because survivors instantly disable them, so you can waste more time watching survivors win on the other side of the map. The time it takes to reset your cameras is time you're better off using to chase survivors.

EMPs just need to not exist, at all. Instead put more limitations on his power, like a cooldown, only one survivor can be slipstreamed at a time, or something like that.

Before I played him, I played against him, and all I did as a survivor was waste his time. I slammed a gen next to a bunch of pods with an EMP in hand, he slipstreams me, I pop the EMP, walk 5 meters to the newly printed EMP and repeat.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

I'm leveling the killer to prestige 3 to unlock all his perks then never playing him again. The EMPs kill his power and I dont have time to surveillance cameras when I need to pressure hyper sonic gen speeds. Even if you do hit them with the biopod they negate it to quick with the EMPs.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

The killer perks really aren't that interesting.

Machine Learning is just really bad.

Forced Hesitation is mainly good at camping hooks or slugging strats, which didn't really need more help.

The exhaustion on healing is okay, but it's hard to know if it's doing anything.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

The Chapter is head and shoulders over the Skull Merchant chapter.

The thing to take into account is, as far as I can remember, every chapter has had people bemoaning it. It's pretty much par for the course, especially when people are declaring a killer is crap less than 24 hours after release (which is never enough time!). Just the same old circle of vomit.

I like this chapter and The Singularity will be a decent killer as time goes on.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

The map looks awesome but has the same problems a lot of maps have, it's clear they just can't make fair, balanced maps. The killer has a power that's tricky to use and easily countered. Coming after two unpopular patches and with this being the anniversary chapter, it's not good.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,834
    edited June 2023

I think when more people starts to utilize Singularity's power as a chase heavy tool rather than for map control, i imagine there's probably gonna be less complaints about the killer's power than as it currently stands since everyone is still figuring out how to get proper use out of the power.

Although i am still looking forward to next bugfix patch to see what kind of improvements they're gonna give to the killer and the EMPs.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

This is how I feel exactly. I don't remember a single chapter that didn't get this kind of reaction. Maybe the Huntress update? I don't remember

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited June 2023

Thing is, I'm usually the most level-headed when it comes to new chapter impressions, I'm usually right there giving every doubt it's benefit, finding the good in whatever mixed bag they give us. I can't see it in this killer at all. This is the first time I've been instantly disappointed, and can't find a way to redeem it.

I've played against him several times as a solo survivor. I haven't failed to have constant access to EMPs, and I haven't failed to completely delete his power when he tries to use it. The only times he did any damage was when he stopped using his power and just played as a powerless M1 killer. I've played as him a few times, and haven't been able to teleport to any survivor, because as soon as I activate a pod, it gets instantly EMP'ed.

It seems from watching other streamers who manage to use him well, that his power only works in chase, as in you shoot survivors directly. This simply isn't feasible on controller. He's Trickster all over again.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

its the anniversary and the killer is mid with all bad/niche/boring perks, and the survivor has only one good perk.

so out of the 8 bits of content we get (6 perks, 1 surv and killer) only like 30% of its any good.

• Marc_go_solo

The only chapter I can recall that did not have much in the way of complaints was the "Cursed Legacy" chapter. Everyone was excited for Oni and Yui was quickly a favourite survivor. The perks were alright, but they had good balance by offering something different to playstyles, with Yui using unique abilities with pallets and affecting a killer's carrying power, whilst Oni brought in it's own "Windows of Opportunity" and perks which created a more planned and clever approach.

Other than that one, I can't recall another. Even "Silent Hill" had a lot of nay-sayers and that was also a good one!

• Crowman

I would say both Nemesis and Wesker were well received on their release.

Nemesis being the most popular chapter of all time. And Wesker being a pretty good killer out of the box.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

it's a good patch and the new content is fire af. you simply can't please everyone; there will always be a group of people who are unhappy

• Marc_go_solo
    edited June 2023

When the first RE chapter came out it was a literal ######### show and one of the few times the majority of complaints were 100% justified. The map was hated and a lot of strange hate was guided at the zombies (which I felt was a novel touch!). His power was criticised as well. It was a well-received idea, yet the release absolutely was not.

Wesker was popular, yet there was a whole host of concerns over Rebecca's perks and the changes to RPD were not well-received. Wesker himself was liked but even then he had detractors saying he did not fit in.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying I agreed with these sentiments, nor am I suggesting the chapters were bad (the second one was great, and the first was good once the bugs were dealt with), but they were not universally liked upon release.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,622

The main problem I've seen is just the EMP since they can easily just disable your power for an extremely long time I get it's so we don't have another Skull Merchant problem where it's just a three gen killer but I the problem is that you can grab an EMP and use it and already near by is another EMP ready to be used or simply make the printing faster. While yes there is a brown add-on that reduces it by a good amount it just seems the EMP's appear a bit often for me that is. Playing survivor against him as ended the same 4/5 matches I'll escape since I can disable the biopods within seconds. I get the point of survivor is to escape but I still want to have some kind of pressure.

• OfficerHonks
    OfficerHonks Member Posts: 6

Honestly my only problem with the patch is MFT, the perk is awful even in concept and should never have existed. I think its a pretty good chapter all things considered.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,988

The new chapter great in my opinion just need a nerf to emps but i not suprise by the huge amount of backlash! i feel anytime a killer remotely strong come out the survivors complain to no end!! and any time a killer come out who not strong the killer mains scream D tier which = bad chapter!! Half of the killers roster haven't been receive well on initial release (twins, legion, knight, trickster, skull merchant, sadako, freddy, etc). I'm not even suprise anymore.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,389

The DBD community is complaining?? Must be a Tuesday

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,451

You dont set up pods, at least you dont go out of your way to do so.

Theres nothing stopping you from shooting a pod mid chase, quickly locking onto them, and then make up the distance by shooting them directly. They EMP it? take 5 extra seconds to repeat the process.

The worst thing they can do is EMP something across the map, because then you can't replace it in a timely manner. Which btw if you dont want a gen to be worked on, place 2 pods far enough away so that the EMP cant reach both of them.

Pods also should be treated sort of like Hag traps by making them have multiple uses for its one location. That way youll get the most value from them. Difference between Larry and Hag tho is he doesnt need to go out of his way to do so. You can see a good spot and shoot it at quite a long distance.

Hes far, and I mean FAR from a weak killer.

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498

Where did I say it was wrong?

I'm just explaining why people are being so loud with their hate of this chapter. Its hardly reflective of reality imo.

• Crowman

Anyone who is truly enjoying this chapter is likely not spending time online to talk about the chapter and rather playing the chapter.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 759

They want an killer that is oppressive, unbeatable, easy to learn, and requires no mind games (like old the spirit)

no 4kill on 5 gens = Bad killer

This mentality is some of the community

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited June 2023

The reasons why I don't like this chapter and for me the hated Knight chapter is better:

• In terms of perks and from a killer main perspective, Forged in Fog brought more interesting perks for killer, including a new Hex which can be fun with some killers like Pig and Sadako, and Nowhere to Hide is fun due the tendency of survivors to hide near Generators they're repairing and you get a lot of free hits due it. End Transmision killer perks are very very niche and/or situational Machine Learning is the only one which can catch some interest for me and I think I wont use it a lot.
    • Character visual desing-wise The Knight>>>>>>>The Singularity and Vittorio>>>>>>>Gabriel, for me The Singularity is one of the ungliest killers (in the uncool way) of the game if not the ugliest, however The Knight is one of the coolest and more badass killers in the game, and I don't like to have an Astro Boy like Gabriel in the game as survivor.
    • In terms of killer powers: Is way easier to use and capitalize The Knight Power and for me personally the Knight Power is more fun.
    • Map wise, the maps of both chapters are bad gameplay-wise, but for me Borgo is more cool despite that ugly fog, I don't like the alien planets, I consider it doesn't fit in the game.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

I'm feeling the same way as you right now. Two nights as him now and still haven't gotten better at him. In fact I'm not even learning anything bc I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong half the time. At least with knight and skull merchant I was able to learn from my mistakes and get better but with the singularity I feel I'm hitting a wall before I even got started on him.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,524

Play the killer and see how well you'll do. This is, in my estimation, the killer with the highest skill floor in the game. Higher than Nurse. I've played him for a couple hours and really it's infuriating how many things you need to do right with this killer just to see it all countered with the press of a button. Out of all the games I've played with him only 1 was a win. And that was against survivors that I could probably beat with perkless Trapper.

It's basically old DH all over again but worse because this time you cannot do anything against it in any situation. Survivors always have EMPs and your power always gets disarmed. Even if you miraculously manage to ambush someone Shift + W is enough to stop what little momentum you built. As strong as this killer seems on the surface as weak it is right now because of all this hand holding for survivors. Survivors see where to get EMPs, can always get them with no effort, have to be completely exposed for a bio pod to lock on them, can Shift + W, pre drop and use EMPs mid chase to nullify all your efforts.

They added so many safety measures to ensure this killer wouldn't be too oppressive in whatever way and forgot that someone would actually have to play as it. That's what drags this killer down. And don't get me started on the perks. +3% movement speed and a bunch of killer perks that were dead before they were even in the game. What a disappointment.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Trash tier killer perks, plain weak killer, broken as hell survivor perk(s), extremely cluttered and one sided map, I have to ask how can people like this DLC lol

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,711

i don't have major issues with the chapter yet including the map surprisingly, but the only 2 things i'm excited "about this chapter" are the pop buff and that zarina cosmetics are finally purchasable for shards. made for this shouldn't have made it live but it did, alas, but probably because i am going to use it as survivor i'm not super upset about it.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300

What nice perks? The last perks that was only good imo that survivors last got was Yoichi's perk and no one even uses them.

Haddie perks= No one uses her perks

Ada/Rebecca= wire tap is the only good one, no one runs better than new, no one really runs reassurance. I hate skill checks so hyper focus is a no no for me.

Vittorio= No one uses his perks

Lyra Twins=no one uses their perks

Gabriel =maybe only made for this

Knight and Dull merchant was two hand me down killers with 0 thinking skills

Knight= Easy anti loop and decent at 3 gen/camping/tunneling. Killer that with just one push of button that his body guards does all his work for him. Always forced to leave a pallet or any would be strong window/loop

Dull merchant= the legion/knight 2.0 mix 3 gen master. Simply using a map like rpd and running corrup + 4 gen=almost instant win, her add ons are all good to busted and so she DOES have good chasing power even though people say shes bad at chasing.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

I’ve been playing him on controller and aiming while using the cameras definitely takes some getting used to but shooting survivors once infected is no problem at all.

He’s nothing close to Trickster in the aim regard in my opinion.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

My statement was specific to the chapter we're talking currently, End Transmission.

Gabriel got Made For This and Scavenger which are generally more useful than anything Singularity shipped with.

I'm not going to go over everything else you mentioned cause it's irrelevant to the discussion.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300

Jokes on you I do not see anyone running scavenger because built to last is much better LOL and if you was only talking this chapter you would have said so, the way you worded your post make it seem your talking about perks survivors got every patch new release since 6.1

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

How did my post come off like that when the entire context of this thread is about the new chapter?

It makes more sense to assume that people making statements in the thread about the sentiment around the new chapter would be unless specified otherwise about the new chapter. You chose to respond to me, but why not anyone else when the level of non-specificity was used by them as well in their statements.

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it is happening and that in the context of wider game experience it isn't problematic when looked in relation to others things. Reading comprehension isn't hard when you account for context.

• BenneBolle
    BenneBolle Member Posts: 5

Mabye bc After the new Update there a 2 Kills Bugged, 1 Map, Blight Addons are still not nerfted..? They realtalk dont play there own game