How do survivors feel about the singularity?

Options
mees
mees Member Posts: 63

I'm a killer main and have really been enjoying the singularity. No matter how the match goes he's lots of fun to play (in my opinion). But I'm curious if it's also fun to face the singularity, so please tell me about your experience facing him.

Comments

• durag_demon1
    durag_demon1 Member Posts: 72
    Options

So far I've been enjoying the interactions.. win or lose.. so far fun

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,784
    Options

Haven't played against him yet sadly. Had a Hag, Pig, and Freddy so far.

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 356
    Options

Boring.

You don't see it in early game just like trapper.

Then in the mid game you can destroy everything it set up in early game by 1-2 EMP.

Then it will get mad and try to tunnel one of the players with basic m1.

Easy but even more boring than a normal m1 killer.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I've really been enjoying playing against him in my surv games. 3 games so far, two 2ks and a 3k i think. He feels balanced, power is interesting and counterplay isn't too hard. emps are maybe a bit too strong. I'm looking forward to trying him in my killer games tonight.

• LeFreezy
    LeFreezy Member Posts: 228
    edited June 2023
    Options

Played against him for, like, 8 times and we had 3-4 man escapes in almost every game.

Yeah, it's a new killer and ppl still need to find an optimal way of playing but still, EMPs mess him up a lot. Survivors constantly had EMPs and used them to get rid of multiple slipstreams/biopods thus wasting all the effort killer put into setting/spectating and infecting survivors.

Some cluttered maps are a nightmare for him and sometimes it feels like he can't infect a survivor sitting on the gen even though most part of their body must've been visible through the biopod.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

Played him a handful of times now and so far the survivors always got out with no issues. Some of them were extremely weak (I don't like to call other players bad but I'm at a loss for words here) and they still made it out and teabagged me. I could have beaten these guys with Trapper (or playing M1 killer and never use my power).

I've asked some of them how they felt playing against me and so far it seems that the game really is as easy you'd imagine playing against Singularity. You have EMPs constantly and the game pretty much tells you when and where to use them as well as where to get them and they counter this killer's entire power with no downside.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

Very easy to play against. Pre drop pallets and always have a sailor moon wand with you. Without its pods the killer is just M1 killer without a power.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Enjoyable.

Was afraid of him being another 3-gen killer, but with the EMPs you can really deny him from using that playstyle.

It's fun trying to gather EMPs to mess with his power or try and help another survivor.

While in chase, his power is really scary without an EMP, but doesn't feel overwhelming, feels like there is enough room for you to make plays against him constantly TP to you.

I will say, most singularitys i faced were really bad, constantly trying to monitor gens with his pods which just made him waste time since we were hacking them with the EMPs.

But there was one good singularity that used his pods for info and chases that managed to kill us all.

So, idk if he is bad, but i think he is way harder to play then Skull merchant and i a lot of singularities waste way too much time in camera mode making his games go by really fast.

He might be weak, or players need to get better at him. I haven't bought him yet, no iri shards for him. So i idk.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,784
    edited June 2023
    Options

People are just still learning the most efficient way to play. I had one game where he was placing his pods right next to gens - I'm talking like if there was a rock next to the gen, he'd place it there and in a place he couldn't even see the gen. I don't think he knew he could place them higher and with a view of the gen. No one on the team even bothered getting EMPs. Had another who in the first half of the game was placing multiple pods around hooked people. Nothing near the gens. Think he was trying to use them to sorta camp from a distance? I dunno. Bringing EMPs to an unhook was necessary and he gave up on it quickly.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    edited June 2023
    Options

EMPs need more nuance. I've played a few matches against him. Always had an EMP in hand and never really felt like I was spending time to get one. It's very easy to run and grab one that is already printed. It feels way too easy to deny his power by EMPs and pre-drops.

Problem: if EMPs aren't in abundance and quick to use, he's a 3 gen overlord. He will become the new 3 gen stall killer of the month if they nerf EMPs.

I think EMPs should be a targeted shot with charges that lets you take out single biopods or slipstreamed survivors but not while running and not an AOE all at once. You shouldn't be able to just run along, delete the killer power in a blast radius, and then grab another EMP on the fly.

Keep EMPs plentiful but make them interactive and not AOE.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

The Singularity has not appeared in trials so far from my side. I have had the new map, which I do like a lot and the clutter has been toned down. However, unfortunately no Johnny-5.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

He is good at proxy camping

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

Somewhat. Identify if he's overclocked. If he is and he's close, take the hit instead, otherwise you'll lose the pallet and go down. If he's not close, predrop and immedietly run away, don't even try to loop him in overclock. If he's not in overclock and you're not slipstreamed, treat him as an M1 killer.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2023
    Options

my only complain with the killer is the addon that removes his counterplay , idk which one is soo , Im talking about the one that breaks pallets when you teleport to someone in front of you instantly , that addons is busted IMO.

that addon just convert the killer into a "hold W , pre- drop stuff to survive"

Post edited by MB666 on
  • Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I enjoy trying to play him but I absolutely suck at it. The only reason I get any kills is because I give up on his power and just play him as a M1 killer. I can't even beat bots lmao it's sad. I don't think I even fully understand how the biopods work yet, I just hope I keep trying to learn him instead of giving up and going back to my trusty Demo because he does look like lots of fun.

I don't really have anything to say about going against him because the ones I've gone against are also clearly still learning to play him properly so he doesn't feel like a threat at all (either the killer is just trying to learn is power and clearly doesn't expect to win or they just M1 the entire time).

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

That's basekit. He gets massive slowdown though if it happens. If he's glowing green and about to hit you, don't drop the pallet, you're going to get hit anyway. Save the resource for later. If he overextends and swings expecting a drop, who knows, the distance you get from not dropping it could make him miss.

It's why slipstream is actually dangerous. Asking to remove it is basically asking you to remove his power.

• Jylppy
    Jylppy Member Posts: 44
    Options

Skull merch 2.0 in my opinion. Boring to play against and sometimes I just DC instantly....

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,015
    edited June 2023
    Options

What makes him anything like Skull Merchant? Literally just use EMP’s and watch his power melt. Good luck doing anything like that against a Skull Merchant.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,980
    Options

He's very unthreatening atm. EMP's are way too easy to access and it's far too easy to pop EMPs right as he tries to teleport on you.

• Jylppy
    Jylppy Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2023
    Options

Like "just disable skull merchants drones by doing some veeeryyyyyy difficult sequence of keystrokes to make her power melt"? I can feel that you have hard time to know how to play against skull merchant.

But anyways thats how I feel about the new killer and I don't actually like his power. Again boring to play against and boring to play as. Like you said, very easily countered by survivors EMP spam. Or the killer is hard tunneling and slugging peace of something. Way too fun!!

EDIT:

Counter question. How is placing drones around gens any different than placing biopods around gens?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    edited June 2023
    Options

Revisiting this after playing as him quite a bit this weekend. He doesn't have a power if you're playing against good players. You're better off on Trapper. You apply Slipstream and it's immediately EMP'd because every survivor has one at all times. My record is 2 biopods and 3 slipstreams taken out by a single EMP. Then I switched to Nurse next game.

The killer needs a ton of work. He can be hard locked out of his power for the majority of the game by good players. And the issue is what the EMPs do, not how many there are. The EMPs need a rework, not numbers tweaks. It's GG against anybody good if you have even two chases reset in a game on any killer. And the ability to take away his only thing is part of the kit.

Like...imagine any other killer on the roster, and there is an item that lets survivors snap their fingers and reset the killer's entire power. It's a ludicrous concept. Like imagine if Hag was 115 but survivors had an AOE trap cleanse. She'd be the worst killer in the game easily, right?

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    Options

Singularity's ability is oppressive for survivors, and EMPs are oppressive for Singularity.

This could be an interesting dynamic, but I do agree that some EMP nerfs are in order.

That said, I hope BHVR will be carefully monitoring the situation (ha...), because Singularity has some of the same 3-gen issues that the previous two killer releases brought with them. The only downside to using pods around a gen cluster is that it makes EMPs more effective, as they will regularly affect multiple pods and survivors. This balance should be kept in mind.

I also don't think EMPs are as oppressive to Singularity as it is sometimes made out to. Pods can be destroyed and replaced at will at any time, you don't even have to destroy them manually, you can just cycle through them. If a survivor EMPs themselves in chase, you can usually swiftly re-infect them. The only really annoying thing is that you can't reliably use pods for cross-map traversal/control, as disabled pods across the map are obviously not something you can do much about. This is also why 3-genning is such a concern, as it gets rid of this issue for Singularity, who can just stick around and constantly replace any disabled pods around the gen cluster.

Maybe an interesting rework for Singularity could be this, should it turn out that the "oppressive ability vs. means of disabling said ability" dynamic isn't quite doing it: Remove EMPs from the game. Now environmental pods automatically destroy themselves as soon as they have either infected a survivor or allowed Singularity to teleport to a survivor. Pods on survivors are also automatically destroyed after Singularity teleports to them.

Or maybe environmental pods should only destroy themselves if they are used to infect a survivor, not if they are used for teleports.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Because disabling the pods are far easier to do than skull merchant and the Larry doesn't know his biopods disabled until he walks near it or looks through it meaning he will basically take longer to reach that gen. By far his best playstyle is just full on chase early game compared to gen defense then a mix between both mid/late game.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    Options

I've maybe only gone against two Singularity players as Survivor, just because I've been playing him myself a lot more recently. The Biopods can be kinda tricky in a pinch sometimes, but the idea of peeping on Survivors like a weirdo is funny.

I highly recommend the Backpack build if anyone wants to meme around a bit/turn off your brain to not use the pods so much.

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 354
    Options

I think he's neat. Granted I've only seen about 2 really good Singularity's that know how to use his overclock. Forced Hesitation is a crazy perk.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359
    Options

Disabled pods have a yellow aura instead of a white one when you look at the with singularity

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

fun to go against!!!! He can go from having full control of the map to none in instant. His biopods surveillance game give him endless info, he can teleport right on top of people so he got great map pressure, and he can run through pallets quicker than bubba. All the tools to be A tier but can also can be reduce to trapper level through emps. i kinda like the shift in power throughout the game and he play in super unique way. This chapter was a cult classic and I'm not being sarcastic. The map gorgeous! small and easy to 3 gen on but also a strong main building so the survivors can loop it up. Made for this should be look at maybe but the killer super fun to go against. The nerfs to emps coming soon as well.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,980
    Options

The yellow aura is just the last pod you were at and it goes away after a few seconds.

• WashYourHands
    WashYourHands Member Posts: 206
    Options

simultaneously weak and strong. being able to teleport on top of survs is strong, but overclocking isn't that strong. a coordinated team will disable your pods all game