Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What Killer to Main, would you recommend me? (Playing since 2020.)

Options

Hello everyone, As said in the title i have been playing DBD since 2020. What brought me into DBD was a Video in 2019 of a Streamer playing as Nancy Wheeler, which immeadetly got my Attention since i was really into Stranger Things at that time and since today, she has been my Main in the game.

Now, for the Killers, i had absoloutely no clue whom to main. It was basically, take a guess and if you're lucky you find the right spot for you.

I wanted a Killer that was able to Influence the game in a way, if played correctly. Either Negative or Positively. Yet again, not a super OP killer and perhaps some Nieche Lore to read wouldnt be bad too.

First was Nurse, i liked her asthetic. It's only that i found out later that her Playstyle is based on Fast-Winning and not really BP earnings and that the entire playerbase hates her. Whoops. I dropped her.

Then came The Pig, I really enjoyed the Saw Franchise and even collected her entire tome. However, she was not the right fit for me. Each match felt like i had to put up a carefully planned Plan that in the end, could easily get destroyed by experienced Survivors looking through it. Perks also didnt really help, unless they were over the top. I agree that i was happy to see that everyone had a nice experience, but i felt like i was left out and didn't really feel like i could "Control" the game in some way, like with basically any other killer.

I tried the Plague, The Doctor, Spirit and The Clown in the meantime too. Yet, to be perfectly honest. It felt like i was doing my home chores with them. But instead of the trash laying on the ground, it was running away from me and throwing my stuff around. (Not an insult.)

Finally came the Skull Merchant. Do i even have to explain this one? She was great at the start, yes. But her playstyle becomes boring over the time and well. The Rest is self explanatory. (*Cough, Cough* Bad Character Design *Cough, Cough*)

So now, im starring at my tab of Killers and well. My Next Main would have gone to Wraith, but yet again, i dont really wanna step into this: "Oh my god, why did i pick this Killer?" Trap that's carefully layed out for me just to have another painfull experience.

So im asking here. What Killer would you recommend to me?

Answers

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I'd say Wesker. He's praised as one of the most balanced killers in the game so you won't have to expect any drastic changes to his power for a long time. There's a reason he is so commonly played as, he is a pretty fun killer to face and play, it's just that facing him constantly makes him have this 'bad' reputation. Once you learn some Wesker tricks, it can really help close just about any loop and rewards tactical plays. He's also a bit like Blight, I mained both of them but I have to say that Wesker felt more fun to use. I used to watch this streamer play as him and they really showed just how good his ability is.

The one thing he struggles with is gen pressure so you would probably have to utilize a gen-regression build.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

You already rotated. Why not continue with this?

Play all. You will see who you like the most in the end.

• Bobitslapis
    Bobitslapis Member Posts: 85
    Options

Definetly have him on my view. Even though he got Killswitched a while ago. 😭