My Anniversary Matches So Far...

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,828
edited June 2023 in General Discussions

My DBD Anniversary matches so far, all of these are me playing Survivor, they are all listed in order from top being the first and bottom being the most recent (any durations of time mentioned are rough estimations, I dont use a stop watch).

• Wesker; tunneled and camped me to death at 5 Generators remaining, the hook was in a complete deadzone and I couldnt reach anywhere with the Endurance and Haste.
  • Skull Merchant; camps a 3-gen the entire match, the match lasted 35+ minutes.
  • Skull Merchant; camps a 3-gen the entire match, the match lasted 20+ minutes, random teammate DCed early on.
  • Ghostface; fun match, really good Killer, they got a 2K, and nearly got us with Blood Warden.
  • Knight; camps a 3-gen the entire match, the match lasts 40+ minutes, and we all bleed out because the Knight refuses to hook any of us and just kicked Generators.
  • Nurse; tunneled out a teammate at 5 Generators remaining, BMed everyone single person, bleed out everyone for the full bleedout timer, Killer harassed us in post-game chat.
  • Skull Merchant; camps a 3-gen the entire match, the match lasted 20+ minutes, they refused to hook anyone so half of our team just DCed because they decided it wasnt worth dealing with.
  • Knight; camps a 3-gen the entire match, the match lasts 30+ minutes and they get 2-man outed still, Killer harassed us in post-game chat for breaking their 3-gen.
  • Demogorgan; tunneled at 5 Generators remaining, Killer harassed us in the post-game chat.

I hope people have been getting better matches than I have. I was playing with friends but some left because they had better things to do or were just getting too frustrated with the game.

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on

Comments

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Well, people will be people.

As for the challenges: the community-related ones are great and I'm doing one with randomised perks only. Pretty neat!

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,084
    Options

Well for me it was wesker farming with me and some nice killers mostly. But when I played killer survivors were gen rushing hard as possible so yeah I don't blame those killers doing what neccessary to win.

• JarheadLLC
    JarheadLLC Member Posts: 6
    Options

I play both sides. I feel no remorse for playing how I play on either side. That's what the game is about, doing whatever it takes to survive as a survivor. Doing whatever it takes to 4k as killer. You people got to stop thinking the opposition is playing for your enjoyment. They aren't, they are playing for their enjoyment. As a survivor I will loop, flashlight, pallet stun, hide, gen rush, whatever it takes to get out. As killer I will tunnel, proxy camp, slug, whatever it takes to hook you. It's the name of the game, no where does it say you have to be kind to the opposition.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

All my matches I’ve been chill as killer - once everyone’s on death hook I give the ‘I’m cool now’ nod and let the survivors do their thing.

I have seen 1 killer be cool and get everyone on 2nd hook but otherwise play chill and let us rack up some BPs. Every other killer has been playing like their life depends on a 4K. It’s somehow more obnoxious than on a regular day.

As an experiment in how much people are willing to shoot themselves in the foot for the pleasure of ruining someone else’s experience they should have a collective survivor generator track that unlocks killer cosmetics and set the cap at the average match count x2 gens. See how many try hards are left at 0-1 gen complete.

• MDRSan
    Options

ROFL, and now I can add a tombstone/tuft of hair Meyers to my list.

• Radme13
    Radme13 Member Posts: 3
    Options

This anniversary is not fun for me. I play Solo survivor. So many are rage quitting tonight if they're the first to get hooked. It's like every other game I see 1-2 disconnecting from the game. And they even offered a terrormisu, so in some games when the killer decides to farm points I get a ton of BP. At least that makes up for the dc'ers, but I'd rather play some good matches. I've reported the rage quitters but have no clue if it has any impact.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,144
    edited June 2023
    Options

I had some rough matches today, but i have to say Weskers and ghostfaces are the most chill killers out there. I had so much fun with you guys today <3 (even if i died)

Spirits made my heart sad today and clowns were at the hooks throwing bottles to peoples faces.

Happy anniversary to everyone and try to have fun! <3

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 393
    Options

I've learned from past events to never play survivor during this time period. I'm playing chill Dredge and farming for those sweet, sweet BP and invites. I hope you encounter more fun gamers

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,052
    edited June 2023
    Options

Unfortunately you pretty much have to stack multiple Potential Energy and Proves if you're going to 3 or 4 stack with good players. If you force the matchmaker to give you a higher MMR killer, there's a good chance it's a 3 gen gamer who gets wins by cheesing bad RNG. The good news is they usually have no clue how to actually play killer and fold once you break their 3 gen.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,828
    Options

Well... I guess I was in a similar boat as well. I got bleedout (same with my entire time) by an Oni using Knockout.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

Dude, this is me every other game: it doesn’t have to be an anniversary lol

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

Nope, it has been quite the same + also getting teamed up against killers who have a potato substituting for a pc and their internet service provider lives on the moon :)

Oh and the best of all, killers that slug everyone out until the timer runs out, cussing you out in Russian in end-game chat. This whole anniversary is the biggest waste of time, honestly.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Well, what did you expect? It's still DBD...

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Just had a bunch of hardcore tunneling Weskers really, nothing too crazy to write about.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 457
    Options

I think some killers just need a slight speed boost, especially only the walking ones. Skull has one but you almost don't notice it, blood lust takes forever to activate and it turns off instantly sometimes in chases.

Just feels really pointless having survivors who can run and sprint endlessly faster than all the killers most of the time

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    edited June 2023
    Options

NGL, this sort of thing is why I play Killer during events. I can at least ensure my Survivors won't get a tunnel camper...

ETA: I've also been actively cutting back on gen defense to practice other kinds of pressure (ex: my skull merchant is totem defense with Thrill and Devour guarded by drones)

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,632
    Options

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'm bringing Distortion. Probably the best way to avoid getting tunnelled is by not being first found. I wanna get bp value.

• TheDudeOfNothing
    TheDudeOfNothing Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

So far I've played both killer and survivor during this event. Half the killers have been campers or sluggers, the other half have been fine.

While I played killer though, I only got salty survivors. One match, 2 people DC'd on first down. The next match, I was doing awful as deathslinger for a ritual challenge. I was probably going to get 1 kill but then they started getting super greedy with flashlights. Someone would get off hook and then the person who unhooked the guy would get off hook, and the guy who got unhooked would sit there trying to flashlight me, so I just went for him. They tried to accuse me of tunneling as if I should go out of my way to not go for the person who is standing right in front of me doing nothing.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,755
    Options

I've played about 30 matches today and only gotten 3 masks. Now, a few of those times were my fault because I was using charges to complete challenges but most of the time we're not getting anywhere close to opening an exit.

• MDRSan
    Options

That’s kind of the social contract with most games though - unless you’re playing a professional sport where you’re paid to be there the general idea of most games is everyone should have a little fun. I’d also say there’s a notable difference between not playing for the other side’s enjoyment and intentionally going out of your way to make the other side unable to enjoy anything. Not being responsible for another person’s fun doesn’t mean someone can actively ruin it without being called out for behaving like a jerk. This isn’t about losing, it’s about play styles that lock you out from even engaging with the game. (Unless you consider hook skill check simulator to be a game)

• Nazzzak
    edited June 2023
    Options

I've discovered that if you have charges and die second last, hatch opens quick enough that you'll get your mask. I'm glad for that because as a solo player it's probably the best way to get the masks, as getting all gens done and the exit gate open isn't all that easy. So pretty much the last two survivors in a match can get a mask without having all gens done.

Edit: maybe not. Just died second last and no mask. Not sure how I managed to get a mask earlier when I died second last though.

Post edited by Nazzzak on
  • Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    Options

I've already begun to play more killer before the event, and with how solo queue has been I think I'd want to forego playing Survivor as much as possible until its over. I can at least assure I get a ton more BP, by pretty much having more control over the match, unless there's a few comp players/SWFs going hard. And I have encountered a few of them in my killer games tonight, one team pretty much had assigned roles for a gen do-er, someone to take chase, saw a few BNP, etc. But I don't really mind that I'm losing the match if all four of them get out, I'm just disappointed about not getting the most value out of what BP can get earned.

My survivor games, have been pretty coin-flippy. One Legion who tried hard, one that farmed. A Clown in a pretty even match, and then a Singularity that dc'd because it was a corn map. I have seen a lot more questionable moments from my teammates though, that end up getting us all killed, but that's just DBD.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

I'm getting pretty miserable games as a killer for the entire week, I only won a couple of games where survivors were moreless chill, but otherwise it is a sweatfest. So yeah, I'm trying to camp, tunnel and slug every game now, unless survivors are actually goofing around and not pop 3 gens for my furst down.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,873
    Options

Compared to my survivor games over the past week, yes, killers are being unreasonably sweaty today. I don't understand it, you don't need to kill everyone to get your rewards as killer.

I'll probably swap to killer and let everyone go once I've got a decent BP score.

Thanks, you're perpetuating the cycle and being part of the problem.

• Nazzzak
    Options

Survivors have to open the exit gate to get their cosmetic. That's why they're all rushing, because the more time they waste the more likely they are to die. BHVR need to make the conditions around obtaining the cosmetics easier than getting the gates open.

• PotatoPotahto
    Options

Since it's gonna happen to me whether I participate or not, I'll use every little chance I have to win.

• PotatoPotahto
    Options

It was happening even before the event even started, so it's not about the cosmetic. They do it because they can.