If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Deep wounds from feral slash should cancel in chase

Options
KateMain86
KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,231
edited June 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Almost every legion I have been playing against lately is abusing the feral slash ability by canceling it right after hitting a survivor and tunneling them down. This forces the survivor to stay in the deep wound effect leaving no opportunity to mend. You're forced to do nothing but run until you go down from either deep wounds or the legion hitting you again. This is very exploitive and completely unfair to play against.

My suggestion is to have the deep wound effect from feral slash end after 10 seconds of being in chase with the legion if they cancel the feral slash ability. This will encourage them to use the ability for tracking rather than tunneling. The whole point of this ability is to use it to find other survivors to apply the effect to. Too many legion players are doing the complete opposite by simply using feral slash to tunnel down a single survivor. Its already annoying enough having to mend over and over again against this killer, but this is worse. It seems like everyday killer mains are finding new ways to exploit killer powers to make the game as miserable as possible for survivors.

Comments

• KateMain86
    Options

The maps are literally in the killer's favor with a power like this. Doesn't killer instinct activate when survivors enter the terror radius? Just hold W in a direction for 5 seconds and you'll probably see somebody.

Skill is largely irrelevant in this game for survivors. Once you learn the basics there really isn't much more to learn. You run at the same speed with no sprint ability. There are only pallets and vaults to use which are limited. The game is very basic. We don't exactly have a lot of options when in chase with the killer. Its really just run until you get downed or the killer chases someone else.

Killers can break pallets. Survivors cannot mend and are forced to endlessly move if chased with deep wounds or they will be forced into the dying state. What is the survivor supposed to do in this situation with having to deal with deep wounds that only goes away if you mend it? Its completely unfair that legion can abuse this power on a single survivor when its designed to help them find other survivors.

• KateMain86
    Options

I only think legion's power should give him the benefit of tracking and not overly pressuring a survivor with a deep wound that they cannot mend in chase. The survivor is forced to keep moving or they will go down from the deep wound effect. In my opinion its exploitive. Also I never said anything about preventing legion from cancelling his own power. If you read my post I said that deep wounds should cancel out if legion continues chasing a survivor with deep wounds after canceling his power. Its really not asking for much and is a very needed balance change in my opinion.

• KateMain86
    Options

"If you keep running" is the problem here. It locks the survivor into an endless chase with no other option than to run. Its only problematic if legion cancels his power. That is my only issue with this. It forces the survivor into an unrecoverable situation.

I've always felt the intended gameplay of legion is to use his power for exactly what it was designed to do which is track other survivors. I'm noticing many legion players not doing this and simply using it to force survivors into an unrecoverable situation. That is why I suggested for the deep wound to wear off over time IF legion deactivates his power and continues to chase you. That only seems fair to me.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Power cancel Legion. Unsub. Smh.

You're saying it's problematic without explaining how it's problematic. Any killer can chase you endlessly. In fact, that's the GOAL of survivor; keep the killer chasing you so your team can do the gens.

And yeah, if a killer chases you, your only option is to run. That's what a chase is. There is nothing different except if a killer decides to drop chase, you'll have to hold M1 for 12 seconds.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

*Killer uses their power as intended*

Survivors - “hE’S aBuSiNg!!!”

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

So to clear something up here about Legion's killer instinct and Feral Frenzy.

At base Feral Frenzy only lasts for 10 seconds and Killer instinct only procs after you hit the first person. So you really don't have time to hit someone and then run to find someone else if they aren't already close enough to be in your TR. Legion has a TR of 32-40 meters as well so they can a track good bit further than they can travel with their remaining frenzy time. Coming out of Frenzy incurs a 3 second fatigue state and the cool down is 20 seconds before they can Frenzy again. Even with addons you can't greatly increase the length time you have in frenzy or reduce the cooldown period by all that much. They used to have addons that were much more geared towards giving them near constant up time on Frenzy, but several addon passes has greatly reduced that.

Killer Instinct as tracking feature also isn't as precise as used to be as it used to pulse directly on the survivor when Legion was the only killer that had it. When Ghostface was added to the game they rebalanced Killer Instinct to be less precise as now it pulses more on where the survivor was rather than exactly where they are so what you see isn't where the survivor is, but just where they happened to be on that exact moment yet you need think that they have moved further head by about second or so.

The counter to Legion is for teams to split up because it massively shortens their power's usefulness. Tracking does them no good if they can't capitalize on it effectively, they can't get their incremental speed increases, they can't proc their lethality buff by hitting everyone and then the first person again. So most of the time Legion's only really got enough time to run up to you hit you and then commit to a regular chase. It's not tunneling, it's just a consequence of what they are made to do and how little leeway they actually have to do it.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,650
    edited June 2023
    Options

If don’t see anyone with killer instinct after hitting the first survivor, you’re not going to be able to hit anyone else before Frenzy runs out. The duration is too short to be able to run across the map and then chase them before it runs out.

If you see no one in Frenzy your best choice is to cancel and continue chasing.

Legion is already weak, they don’t need any nerfs.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I've always felt the intended gameplay of legion is to use his power for exactly what it was designed to do which is track other survivors. I'm noticing many legion players not doing this and simply using it to force survivors into an unrecoverable situation. That is why I suggested for the deep wound to wear off over time IF legion deactivates his power and continues to chase you. That only seems fair to me.

Legion's power is used to injure multiple survivors that are close to each other and make them waste a little bit of time mending+maybe healing. They can also use it to get a "free hit" on a survivor.

I don't really get your point. If it was the old Legion? Sure whatever, but you literally cannot die from Deep Wound if you keep moving or hold M1. It's like Plague's "free hit". Should the sickness remove itself if she keeps chasing you?

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

How are you going down to Deep Wound? This isn't 2019.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    Options

Last I checked deep wound timer pauses as long as you’re running and the progress bar from mending doesn’t reset so unless you’re just standing still or walking while in a chase than idk what to tell you

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options

The maps are literally in the killer's favor with a power like this. Doesn't killer instinct activate when survivors enter the terror radius? Just hold W in a direction for 5 seconds and you'll probably see somebody.

Yeah, I would probably find someone, but there is no way I get to use my power on them in time. So why waste my time like that, when I can commit on that survivors instead?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,198
    Options

Other than screwing over a few perks, (which is nothing new or exclusive to Legion) how exactly is Deep Wounds screwing you over in chase? You do realize if they were to smack you and continue chase they would actually be able to catch up faster since they would only suffer the 2.7 seconds slowdown instead of 3 seconds

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,227
    Options

1, legion is very much fine. If anything, he needs tiny buff - but I am afraid of giving him anything, because he's already very close to very good state.

2, I take issue with saying survivors have just 2 choises - those being pallets and windows. Especially against legion you can very well use lockers, corner techs, window techs and even 360s work well. Not to mention all the other stats (like teamplay/game sense of spreading around, bodyblocking ability when mending for other teammate, running corners away from your team when being chased in ability, 99-ing mend).

This whole post feels just like someone got destroyed by legion and instead of taking note what was done bad in a match - came to forum to complain instead