The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Auric Cell giveaway

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Does no one check the accounts that win? Out of 12 winners, 9 haven´t made a single post and the other 3 have 10 posts combined.
So people which opened 20+ thrash accounts get rewarded for doing so?
Not only you have tons of spam bots which post spam until you block them, but also bots that open accounts to farm auric cells.

Is there no mechanism to control this? Because this giveaway is a joke.

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Well they did specifically say all you need is an account with a verified email. Poor planning but pretty much predictable outcome.

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    True. Because they are bots or inactive people they won't be able to get the auric cells which means it's wasted
  • Tsulan

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Which means less free money given away by BHVR. Brilliant on their part.

They don´t give away money anyway. It´s a digital currency.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Which means less free money given away by BHVR. Brilliant on their part.

pretty much this ^^^ I never win these kinda things anyways.

• Tsulan

@ZombieGenesis said:
    That is purchased with real money.

Not by the devs.
    It´s like selling monopoly money.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    Does no one check the accounts that win? Out of 12 winners, 9 haven´t made a single post and the other 3 have 10 posts combined.
    Not only you have tons of spam bots which post spam until you block them, but also bots that open accounts to farm auric cells.

Have you seen the tournament, do you play the game?
    Its all a big joke :wink:

• Chubster
    Chubster Member Posts: 197
    To be honest, it’s kind of sad to see people making 55 accounts just to win some currency, i guess when there’s free stuff, you gotta do everything to get it
  • Tsulan

@ZombieGenesis said:
    LOL Not even close.

Let´s see, with monopoly money, you can buy a street, a house and a hotel in a game.
    With auric cells you can buy cosmetic items, survivors and killers in a game.

I don´t see the difference.

• Tsulan

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

Have you seen the tournament, do you play the game?
    Its all a big joke :wink:

Yeah, the tournament was skewed from the beginning. Since the participants were handpicked. Regulars didn´t even have to apply, they just got auto accepted.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ZombieGenesis said:
    That is purchased with real money.

BVHR doesnt purchase that currency, in fact they can generate as much as they want :wink:

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:
    It's amazing how many people don't get basic economics. I don't have the time to explain it to you. LOL

You've posted enough times to suggest you have a little bit of time to explain...

Please do. It would warm my heart.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    They should have made it so you needed to post in a thread every day regarding the anniversary raffle to be eligible, also profiles with less than 10 comments that haven’t been rated also shouldn’t be eligible.
    But just give the rewards to those who signed up and will never use the forums again.
    this is the worst anniversary ‘event’ I’ve ever seen for a game, literally ever. BHVR doing what they do best it seems.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Well they did specifically say all you need is an account with a verified email. Poor planning but pretty much predictable outcome.

Poor planning and execution of something. No BHVR doesnt do that. :)
  • Tsulan

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    They should have made it so you needed to post in a thread every day regarding the anniversary raffle to be eligible, also profiles with less than 10 comments that haven’t been rated also shouldn’t be eligible.
    But just give the rewards to those who signed up and will never use the forums again.
    this is the worst anniversary ‘event’ I’ve ever seen for a game, literally ever. BHVR doing what they do best it seems.

That´s actually a great idea. This would reward active members. Not bots.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

To add to the bots issue make it so you'd have to have had an active account tied to an active game account. Now we don't know if the people that won play a lot or a little and having a post count would do nothing since we all saw the Korean scam spam posts.

• Tsulan

@powerbats said:
    To add to the bots issue make it so you'd have to have had an active account tied to an active game account. Now we don't know if the people that won play a lot or a little and having a post count would do nothing since we all saw the Korean scam spam posts.

Tied profiles is a problem, since console users can´t tie their profiles. Or can they?
    I´m not sure about this one. If its possible, than that would be the best solution. Only real accounts.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

Tied profiles is a problem, since console users can´t tie their profiles. Or can they?
    I´m not sure about this one. If its possible, than that would be the best solution. Only real accounts.

That's a good question and hopefully a console user could shed some light on that. Perhaps @Jack11803 could let us know it is possible.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Honestly? After this horrible wait for the patch... for consoles...

the top 50 posters should get some credit, or the top upvotes/badge holders/points getters should get a separate drawing.

This sucks.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Console user here and thus far I haven't found a way to tie these forums to my gamertag.  outside of possible changes to future raffles, i see no real reason to tie the accts together.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

On further thought...

Since people just spam post at times. People with strong upvotes, and good badges should be entered into a separate raffle.

So many "i just joined to enter the raffle" people are winning.

I joined this forum to be apart of this. To be helpful and loyal.

Either badges, upvotes or the "point" system they have here should help you in the overall raffle, or in a separate one.

• only1biggs

@Tsulan All joking aside, you wouldn't hand over IRL money to the banker of the Monopoly game, would you? He/She would say you're mental and remind you to take your medication.

• Tsulan

@only1biggs said:
    @Tsulan All joking aside, you wouldn't hand over IRL money to the banker of the Monopoly game, would you? He/She would say you're mental and remind you to take your medication.

Well, you pay real money to get the board game with the monopoly money.

• marshmallowking
    marshmallowking Member Posts: 13
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

That's a good question and hopefully a console user could shed some light on that. Perhaps @Jack11803 could let us know it is possible.

Bunge can tie console gt to their forums in destiny so I would think dbd devs would be able to also 
  • KirstKilleh90
    KirstKilleh90 Member Posts: 4
    Console players can't tie our accounts we only get ours my emailing them our info for a chosen console.
  • only1biggs

@Tsulan said:

@only1biggs said:

That's true, but then you don't KEEP giving money away for the pieces in the game, do you? Do you own a Monopoly board? Did you have to buy the houses and other pieces separately?

It was amusing at first but you've gone off the rails.

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

@marshmallowking said:
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

@powerbats said:

Bunge can tie console gt to their forums in destiny so I would think dbd devs would be able to also 

Yeah, I have my PS4 account tied to plenty of other accounts (EA, Ubisoft, RockStar, ZOS, Bungie, etc). It's totally doable.

• Tsulan

@only1biggs said:

@Tsulan said:

@only1biggs said:

That's true, but then you don't KEEP giving money away for the pieces in the game, do you? Do you own a Monopoly board? Did you have to buy the houses and other pieces separately?

It was amusing at first but you've gone off the rails.

You are right. But my point still stands. BHVR controls the Auric Cells, and the things you can buy with them. It´s a digital currency for digital objects. Nothing has a real life value. They don´t lose money if they gift Auric Cells. They don´t pay taxes on those objects unless someone pays with real life money for them.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

So statically, it is more likely for people with low post counts to win.

Eventually, someone who posts a lot will.

It isn't the loterry, it's Auric Cells. Your life won't change too dramatically if you win.

• Autoliny
    Autoliny Member Posts: 76

@Tsulan said:

I don't get the purpose of your post, are you salty cause you never won? if they don't post it's fine not everyone likes forums, they may be bots.
    there's 30k people in the game as of my comment, that's only on steam, there's also Xbox and PS4, I would assume atleast 80k people playing at any given day, so I'm sure you're not always going to know the winners or that they may be active.

I don't understand why people get negative about the Devs doing nice things for the community.

• Tsulan

@Autoliny said:

@Tsulan said:

I don't get the purpose of your post, are you salty cause you never won? if they don't post it's fine not everyone likes forums, they may be bots.
    there's 30k people in the game as of my comment, that's only on steam, there's also Xbox and PS4, I would assume atleast 80k people playing at any given day, so I'm sure you're not always going to know the winners or that they may be active.

I don't understand why people get negative about the Devs doing nice things for the community.

So gifting things to spam bots is ok.
    Next time you see a bot spamming on this forum, you might wanna click on the link. Since bots are ok.

• Tsulan

@Azgard12 said:
    So statically, it is more likely for people with low post counts to win.

Eventually, someone who posts a lot will.

It isn't the loterry, it's Auric Cells. Your life won't change too dramatically if you win.

Wanna bet that only bots win?

This discussion has been closed.