Seeing new Hangman's Trick, I have a small buff idea.

Options

For those unaware, Hangman's Trick was stated in the dev update to receive a small overhaul. It is set to become a scourge hook perk that reveals the auras of survivors within 10 meters of scourge hooks while carrying someone.

To cut to the chase, there are two worrying things I noticed about new Hangman's Trick straight away.

1. The activation condition is very strict. 10 meters around only 4 hooks with RNG-based spawns and only while carrying another survivor is very, very specific for something as plain as aura reading.
  2. This would make Hangman's Trick the only scourge hook perk whose benefit in no way involves actually USING the scourge hooks. The perk grants no rewards for hooking a survivor on a scourge hook. To me, this screams that it is meant to be used in conjunction with other scourge hook perks.

With these two things in mind, I would like to propose a simple change, that would make Hangman's Trick's actual effect more consistent while also greatly improving its synergy with other scourge hook perks: If you equip Hangman's Trick, five hooks will be converted to scourge hooks instead of four. This will give Hangman's Trick more chances for its aura reading to take effect, as well as give other scourge hook perks a chance to use the scourge hooks in question.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

Personally we'd want something like a throwback and make those hooks unbreakable, but if going your route, we'd say 2/3/4 more scourge hooks with maybe reducing range.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

I'd be good with it though I do feel the need to point out a few things. Your suggested change doesn't actually address the issue you mentioned "This would make Hangman's Trick the only scourge hook perk whose benefit in no way involves actually USING the scourge hooks". It still wouldn't do anything as far as hooking a survivor on the scourge hook. I also think you are underestimating how much space the aura reading would actually be. But I think having 5 scourge hooks wouldn't break the game either.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 426
    Options

Right, but after making that comment I immediately followed it up with "To me, this screams that it is meant to be used in conjunction with other scourge hook perks." which this change aims to bolster.

And nah, running an entire scourge hook perk just for an aura reading range with less reach than Demogorgon's shred on 4 specific props with an RNG-based spawn during one specific short-lived scenario? If you want hook-based aura reading then BBQ and Awakened Awareness blow Hangman's Trick out of the water.

• LiveBritishReaction
    Options

I don't think doubling the number of scourge hooks in the trial would be a super great idea given how scourge hook perks ARE balanced around giving you substantial rewards for making it to these specific hooks; if we make the hooks in question too easy to get to then that'd create issues. And when it comes to making them unbreakable, I countering sabo squads was Hangman's reason for existing since its inception and the original rework kept that vision intact; to me it feels like they're trying to move away from that with these changes and make it more of a general information perk.

Also, who's "we"?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,118
    Options

hangman does not need to be SC. they need buff number to 8 meters. 12->6 meter was too hard of nerf that they never reverted/adjusted. if their aim is for SC perk then make it reveal all survivors within 10 meters of non-sc hooks.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

My own idea was enable the hook-proximity aura reading for as long as a Survivor was on a Hangman's Trick hook.

Way I could picture it:

1. While carrying a Survivor, the auras of Survivors by scourge hooks is visible.
    2. While a Survivor is hooked on a scourge hook, the auras of Survivors by the other Scourge Hooks is visible

I do also like the idea of Scourge Hooks not being able to be broken just like old Hangman's Trick, or reducing the speed of Sabotaging a Scourge Hook (especially in light of the change to Saboteur).

• Rulebreaker
    Options

shrug never said it was a great idea, but if its not gona be the counter to sabos like before and its use is gona be limited, we figured go big and see what happens then fix it.

{"we" is the ones sharing this account}

• LiveBritishReaction
    Options

In the vein of making hooks unbreakable and of having a throwback to Hangman's original iteration, maybe scourge hooks broken via sacrificing could repair themselves after 60 seconds. Hangman's used to do that.

• Rulebreaker
    Options
  • SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

I'd like to see 2 more meters added onto that range and I'd like to see the aura read persist for 2 or so seconds after they stop being affected by it