Killer mains, do you see 2k as a loss?

Options
adsads123123123123
adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 870
edited July 2023 in General Discussions

I used to think 2k was a draw but lately I've been seeing it as a loss. The reason for this is that the devs balance the game on a 60% kill rate and a 2k is only 50% of kills, so you're underperforming that match. The recent stats showed that the overall average kill rate was 60% https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/350586/stats-kill-rate-by-killer-and-mmr-september-2022#latest, but these stats are old. The last few patches have made killer far stronger. The Dead Hard nerf was the most important change. After this change, I'm getting 3-4k almost every match. To me, a 2k feels like a loss now.

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 805
    Options

I remember getting a 2K and the survivors in chat were like "you ran a Starstruck build and still lost lmao." So apparently survivors think so.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,234
    Options

I see anything less than 8 hooks stages as a loss

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    Options

Depends.

Did I struggle to catch at least two while gens were popping left and right? Nope.

Did I comfortably hooked everyone twice without ever dropping a chase? Yes. Though I'd feel the same with 4E after such a trial.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

Meh. As long as I had a good game I win no matter how many kills I got.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

So changing kill rates don't change win conditions. They change the rate that you win. 2k is still a draw.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,396
    Options

Depends.

2K against the average SWF for me is a loss.

A 2K against a comp team? That's a win.

2K against a good SWF with 9 hooks? Draw, I still expect better from myself.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337
    Options

Going for a 4k is what's fun for me. For me it's based on kills vs escapes. Hooks don't matter. Bloodpoints don't matter.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337
    Options

Also to add... When the replacement bots come in they won't factor into my win/loss ratio. To me a DC is a kill, intentional or not.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,473
    Options

It depends. If I feel like I played well, got 8-10 hooks, and was against a decent team, I'll probably consider it a draw.

Anything less than that and I'll probably consider it a loss.

0k or 1k is always a loss no matter what, 3k or 4k is always a win.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

I just always consider 0-1k loss, 2k draw, 3-4k win, but keep in mind the fact that this game is dumb. I don't really put too much thought into like "oh I got 0 kills but I kicked ass so I won" I'm more like "I lost but idc it was a fun game and I played well"

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154
    Options

To echo most of everyone else, it depends on if I had fun. Just to get one teammate to escape as a survivor feels like a win even if I died, due to your typical teammates. And to get 2 kills feels like a win if I had fun and the survivors weren't BM'ing, but hook stages come into play if the team was good or was a SWF. Many factors at play here.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,520
    Options

Same as others... but with a couple adjustments

0= total loss

1K= loss

2K= draw

3K= win

4K= total win

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

Who cares what the devs think? Is the entity pleased with you? That’s what matters!

in all seriousness though I don’t really ever consider any game as a win or a loss. I guess if I had a miserable time then I lost but if I had fun and actually got to do some stuff then yeah I won. No matter what side I’m playing I try to reach certain goals…. When playing killer I want to hook at least every survivor once and when playing survivor I like to have at least 2-3 gens done before I get taken out. If I can manage that im pretty happy. On the survivor side I always look at it as a team thing too…. If I didn’t survive did I at least do enough to help my teammates? I wish people wouldn’t take it too seriously and I get why the devs aim for certain rates but let’s just have fun… no side needs a specific number of kills or escapes.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,665
    Options

Depends if I had fun.

If it was a completely miserable match and I only got a 2k because they decided to throw towards the end, I consider that a loss.

But if it was a fun game or it was a really close game against skilled players, I consider that a win :)

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,292
    Options

Crushing defeat, not only was I defeated on stopping them powering the gens but two of them also got out, without much words I got absolutelly clapped if I get a 2k, I failed miserably.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

If I have fun I win.

It's a game and I play it after a stressful day at work. No need to stress myself out over something as trivial as the number of kills in this game.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,384
    Options

A note on the 60% kill rate:

As is well known, any game with an early game disconnect is thrown out. However, there are also games were survivors suicide/go afk early, making the game 'not valid', but it's still tracked. I believe one of the stated reasons for the 60% kill rate goal is to account for those games - the goal is that the kill rate should be 50% presuming the game is balanced.

Of course, there are also games were the killer shows mercy decreasing the kill rate, but I think the theory is that there is more of the former (survivor suicide/afk) then the latter (killer afk/mercy).

I evaluate my performance based off what I went against - if the survivors were SWF and/or brought a bunch of purple/iri equipment/addons I have a different expectation than survivors who were empty handed and soloq.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

depends on hookstages, for me. I usually go for 12 hooks, so if I have everyone on death hook but only get around to killing two, that's still more of a win. If I got 4-7 hookstages and then kill two it's a draw in my book. Less hookstages and I still get 2k somehow it's still a loss.

• Phyrqc
    Phyrqc Member Posts: 77
    Options

2k is a draw that feels like a loss.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163
    Options

It's only a loss if the entity is displeased.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Depends on what metric you use.

How the game scores with emblems, generally speaking it's a loss

If you are basing it on number hooks it also depends

I do think the game should score as if it's a tie with a 2k but the game is designed that way to reward you as if it's a tie unfortunately

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,082
    Options

Your way is good winning too much leads to facing P400 swf:s quite often. Happened to me I try to lose now. With facing them im not even getting gold rank/grade while playing low level killers.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,729
    Options

for me, 0-2k is loss. 3-4k is a win. 4k is greatest win, 0k is greatest loss.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,878
    Options

Look at what your personal expectations are in terms of performance and use that as the basis of what constitutes as a win or loss. Mine is simple about getting 9 emblem points or more.

With killer, it's really hard to "feel" like a winner sometimes. You could get a 3k, but if that final survivor leaves via the gates and makes sure you see them leave via the gate, it's fair to say the emotions you feel may be akin to those felt when losing. Likewise, getting 1k against 4 survivors who play absolutely brilliantly and feeling the satisfaction your endgame score was good otherwise will feel like a win.

DBD isn't as simple as "1k = loss, 3k = win". Ultimately, unless you're playing in a competition, make your own rules as to what a win or loss is. Don't give a toss what anyone else says is a win, because I am certain they don't give a toss and have their own measures too.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 623
    Options

Depend how was the match, for me. I prefer have 9 hooks and 4 escapes and feeling like i was play nice than got 4k tunneling hard and camping. Lose for me is feel my match was terrible.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I count a 3k as a win. If they complete all the gens and I turn a 4-man escape into a 4-man kill, I don't really count that as a win.

I'm a bit of a weird sort since I love to go for the win as hard as I can, but I don't really mind losing. I'm a try-hard that plays for fun, so the real way I win the game is by playing through a very close game, regardless of outcome

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 615
    Options

If the other 2 survivors already escaped and it's 5 or less minutes into the game it is indeed a loss

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

It's all about the lives of the survivors:

Will the survivors escape with their lives or will the killer take them?

One life equals one game point.

There are 4 points available to score through killing survivors or escaping as a survivor.

As such, either side must score 3 out of the 4 points to objectively "win."

2 points is a tie.

1 point or less is a loss.

It's simple.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Do we count if we play both roles?

We count hook states for wins or loss. 5 or below is a loss while 7+ is part of a win as a 8 hook 0k game is usually more fun than a 4h 4k one (theres other factors but dont really pertain to the question).

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 390
    edited July 2023
    Options

There is no winning and losing in DBD. They don't define a win and they don't track wins and losses. Why would you consider a 3k a win if someone still escapes? Perks and add-ons also dramatically change the game, so unless you're playing every game with comp rules, wins and losses are meaningless. Did you get a 2k and have a fun time doing so? That's a win. Did you get a 2k and have a miserable time, that's a loss.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,338
    Options

Depends on how many hooks I got, tbh.

If I got 2 kills, but no hooks on the others, it’s still a loss.

If I did get 1 or 2 hooks on one or both, it’s a tie.

Anything above is a win.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,758
    Options

2k has always been a draw in my book.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,902
    Options

Honestly no, not even a 1 or 0k. The win/loss aspect of DBD doesn't really come into it for me.

It comes back to that old Caddyshack gag "If you don't keep score how do you measure yourself against other players?"... The answer "by height"

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,082
    Options

Debends 2K with lot of hooks and with a pip is win. But 2K with barely hooks and depip is definetely lose.

• Leon_Scott_Kennedy
    Leon_Scott_Kennedy Member Posts: 117
    Options

2k is a draw, if you have extra hooks on the other survivors then I’d say you won the match more than they did

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

I think it's a big issue when kills are the main qualifier for a win or loss because it doesn't give a full description of what happened in a match.

A 2k could be you tunneled 1 person all match, then you used NOED to get a 2nd kill at the end. And to me that's way different from a game where you had everyone on death hook, got 2 kills and the other 2 barely escaped. The latter, I'd definitely consider a win

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,718
    edited July 2023
    Options

I see a 2K as a wash aka a draw.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 427
    Options

If I'm not matched against an obvious SWF I consider that a win at this point.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,327
    Options

I don't consider it a loss, but I don't think it is truly a win either. It's in the range of what the devs want to see, but one two kills don't help you pip anymore it can frustrating.

• Butterrum333
    Butterrum333 Member Posts: 7
    Options

If too many survivors escape, the entity needs to take the killer as sacrifice to satisfy its hunger. Then we would know for sure who won/lost.