I honestly feel bad for killer players

omelette
omelette Member Posts: 72

You have to deal with not only killer FOV but you also soon have to deal with this 'fixed' bug where you're looking down after every hit. Come play survivor for the time being!

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Starfield is on the way. Probably this game will take my all time whenever it out. Can't wait for another long break to DbD.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

I've been waiting for Exoprimal for a while now. It's a good excuse to take a break from this game for a month or two.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Ditto.

Im just rushing some points in this event for leveling and after that i will forget DBD for a while. Also with starfield of course.

• LittenKitten
    LittenKitten Member Posts: 51

I still think killer is way more fun than survivors. Killers are way more unique than survivors, there is more to do, and you don't have to depend on terrible randoms.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

I got motion sickness with Nurse, and I imagine this would be a similar feeling. But that's the beauty of PTB - test it out and give your feedback

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302

Same. I have not played DBD not once for almost 2 weeks. I took a break from Monster Hunter Rise and went back to World and honestly I been having way more fun. Exoprimal is something I have been waiting for since seeing the release trailer. Here's hoping release is not a buggy mess.

I never would have thought in a million years that I would ignore the anniversary BP offerings but here we are. Hope this game finally updates gameplay mechanics to freshen up gameplay because this game has become stale asf.

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

Here we go again…. Healing was nerfed to the point that medkits are near useless which in turn nerfed Pharmacy and Botany Kbowledge, CoH was nerfed, they just nerfed Prove Thyself and BNP… Hag got her add-ons buffed, the last update buffed every featured killer perk minus one. But I’m not surprised given your post history….

• 00berdisc
    00berdisc Member Posts: 96

Laugs in tunneling bligths

• Cypherius
    Cypherius Member Posts: 138

Medikts, BNPs and Circle of Healing where overpowered. Entirely deserved nerfs.

Post nerf Medkits are not bad at all. Far from being "near useless" .Styptics and syringes are still very powerful. With addons you get fast heals or 2 selfheals, which is fair. You are either using them wrong or got too used to their overpowered pre nerf state.

Pharmacy is a weak perk but Botany/Healing builds still work well. They are simply overshadowed by "stay injured, blitz though generators, and get healed by adrenaline" builds.

Prove thy Self was fair and did not need a nerf however nefing it will indirectly help bad/intermediate survivors just like the medkit changes.

With busted medkits people were healing too often even when there was no need. Prove is encouraging people to group up even when its a bad idea. Now survivors will spread out more often and it will be much harder to pressure gens.

Every killer that got buffs recently is mid tier/weak or had some bad addons buffed. Nothing wrong with that.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388
    edited July 2023

The communication on this “feature” is a new low for the devs. Irrespective of motion sickness concerns, they really need to explain why a killer should be forced to look down upon landing a successful attack. Balancing for survivors yet again?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They clearly don't like camping killers and decided to punish all killers. Yes I'm sticking to survivor this event.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

but then I will get tunneled and have to deal with my meghead team

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 666

Do you feel better now you got your daily rant out the way?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

My fix it to stop playing.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

If you think killer is rough you should try solo queue. Your whole world will crumble.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

I mean.... It's not a big deal if you 0k or 4k on killer either.

I don't find survivor relaxing personally. I personally find the stress and constant things to do on killer cathartic.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

i've been playing survivor a little bit! it's pretty fun, similar to killer

i kinda suck at it ill admit, i try to run chases like im playing killer and i keep getting downed because of it </3 i'm trying my best though HAHA

the bugs havent really bothered me honestly, i've been playing as normal and i've been doing pretty good with it. i dont take the game extremely seriously (though im interested in going competitive, i just need training and stuff) so i think that adds to my mindset about the whole thing. the fun in it is trying something new and making discoveries, i encourage people flip roles and mess around!

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

Medkits may have needed a speed decrease but not efficiency. Why would I bring a purple medkit now when I can get the same thing from a brown one? That makes them redundant. CoH may have also needed a nerf but like most things it got OVER nerfed. Either way the point is that they don’t just nerf/buff one side regardless of what anyone thinks.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265

I had no idea about that whole "camera going down after a hit" thing, so I looked it up and oooof.

Please don't let this go live. Forcing any kind of camera movement against your will is something that will likely make players motion sick. If people were sick playing Doom in 1993 with the bobbing and weaving feeling, things like this will not go any better, especially if you can somehow still move the camera vertically while the game is forcing your camera angle down without your input.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

Overpowered is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe I’m a terrible survivor and a good killer but from my experience it’s pretty easy to get a 4K if you don’t care if the other side has any fun (or people start DCing) and in survivor solo queue half the time it’s not even worth bothering to heal since the time an extra health state gives you may or may not mean anything.

Styptics and syringes aren’t medkits - if they are what make medkits unbalanced, maybe they should be looked at and not medkits. If they are required to make medkits worth using then medkits alone aren’t that useful. Killers aren’t balanced under the assumption they always have their most powerful add-ons equiped.

If you encourage survivors to spread out then my solo queue experience tells me you might as well make the 1st hook go straight to 2nd hook because no one’s coming to get you. Even if they do, that’s 2 people not on gens - 1 of which is presumably running across half the map completely open to getting picked off by killers who don’t care if that first survivor’s only gameplay experience is hanging out on a hook for the remaining time they’re in a match. How much more pressure would a killer want? The ability to keep 3 people off gens? 4?

That said, I haven’t noticed anyone grouping up specifically because Prove Thy Self is in play in solo queue. No one knows anyone’s running it until they group up anyway in that context. SWFs are a different story but SWFs will coordinate regardless.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

Killers don’t really HAVE to worry about anything. I might get frustrated at times as killer with a particularly slippery group but I’m never on edge, wondering if there’s really no terror radius or I’m being stalked by something undetectable while watching for skill checks like I am as a survivor.

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 273

Yeah I think I'm done playing until bhvr decides it's a good idea to stop making changes that are actively killing their own game.

• LittenKitten
    LittenKitten Member Posts: 51

I'm able to think about a lot at once and very fast (and like to), so I like that aspect of killer, and that aspect of survivor bores me so much.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

If the devs actually go through with this, I’ll never touch killer again. I can’t play Nurse because of the forced camera perspective, no way can I play killer if it happens after every M1.

I haven’t been able to touch Dbd for a few weeks now, this change makes me not want to rush.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

They changed nurses cooldown because it was so jarring that it caused people to have motion sickness and people still complain about it. What made then think adding it to all killers was a good idea?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

0K is often terrible lose and most likely you depip so it does matter a lot more. On survivor however you can easily pip even while dying unless you got hard tunneled/camped but that happens rarely. Worst case would be every 1 of 8 games if that happens 50% games to someone.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123
    edited July 2023

It’s not like this hasn’t happened before where 10 minute Survivor Queues were the norm.

Oh wait

I’ll say that history is repeating itself though. It will be a field day when 10 minute survivor queues return.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

Survivor is notoriously hard to pip on compared to killer, especially once you get to iri, what do you mean? You can 0k and still safety, but if I die in iri/gold it's likely you'll depip. Especially to double pip.

...And since when do pips even really matter, now that killer adepts are based on kills, anyways?

This is a very low stakes game, winning or losing - or pipping, or depipping (which, by the way, should be removed since it's no longer RBMM), ultimately mean nothing. And everyone has different win conditions. That's what I mean is it's really not big deal.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Play swf and pipping is not that difficult. In solo it's not hard to get iri 4 but from that on the requirement become too much to do in soloQ and it's purely luck. I used swf to go from iri 4 to 1 in matter of days. I did only have to sweat a bit.

But on killer you need to sweat every game like your life is on line so even solo is better until red grade. So I have just given up on killer now. Anyway I have reached high mmr where I get lot of P400 swf:s a lot so even that is not enough agains't gen rushing and decent looping. When I do beat these squad most likely im just gonna safety pip. Depipping just feels bad. Last few days been bit better but I have only been able to play few games.