Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Did I take advantage of the killer's bad ping, and was this cheating/bannable?

ASusSheep
ASusSheep Member Posts: 42
edited July 2023 in Ask the Community

I just played a game as survivor with a Flip Flop, Tenacity, Unbreakable, and Power Struggle build. The killer downed me and went to pick me up while I was crawling and recovering with Tenacity, but I saw them start the pick up animation and immediately cancel, which I assume is due to bad ping/connection?

I stopped crawling at this point in case it was an issue with Tenacity or something, so as to not abuse it if it was the case. However, I was still recovering during this time.

The killer picked me up maybe 1 to 2 seconds after the initial attempt, though I don't have any recording so I'm not sure. They then walked through a pallet and my Power Struggle was ready so I used it to break free.

What I'm worried about is that the extra 1 to 2 seconds might have been the difference between me reaching the 15% wiggle progress needed for Power Struggle and the Killer making it through the pallet safely. If that was the case, then it would have been unfair for me to be able to use it.

Best Answer

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 618
    Answer ✓

It's not cheating, nor is it bannable. It's just DBD and it doesn't always work perfectly. You didn't do anything wrong.

Answers

• YuiMain16
    YuiMain16 Member Posts: 6

That’s my favorite build! It’s not bannable nor cheating but it makes you feel evil