If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why's everyone asking for a wesker nerf

Options
DredgeyEdgey
DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,276

Their gonna go back to Blight?

they share similar coding so these techs are still gonna exist

blight is more mobile is even easier to get hits with with the ability to turn mid rush destroys pallets instead of vault them

I'm genuinely trying to under stand why yall want wesker nerfed

"Because he's played toomuch"

That's like saying we should remove mc Donald's because people eat there too much,

they are enjoying themselves and most of them are not really bothering you intentionally

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Stop bringing blight into this. 👀

He ain’t got nothing to do with this…

• DredgeyEdgey
    Options

I know but he'll be next if they nerf wesker because he'll be (played too much )

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,993
    edited July 2023
    Options

Genueinly think its because hes played so much, not because he needs nerfs

i get it he is fun to play but playing against him 6/10 games is exhausting

• DredgeyEdgey
    Options

Now this is a fair complaint it's within reason and keeping him fun

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498
    Options

I want to see him less and a nerf would make me see him less regardless if its deserved or not.

• DredgeyEdgey
    Options

Exactly imagine if trapper had some interactions where if you see a bear trap you can press something to jump Over it. And then trapper can have ways to bring traps to him instead of needing to get them

There's interaction and faster gameplay not the praying this loop has no trap and leaving it when you see the trap

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I don't ever want to see Skull Merchant but here we are...

• DredgeyEdgey
    Options

And she should be reworked but that's not the player's fault

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498
    Options

You asked why people wanted him nerfed I gave you a reason and its simply that I want him played less.

DH got nerfed so it could be used less not because it was OP (proof being its unchanged functionality,) I don't see why Wesker is exempt.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,805
    Options

Wesker is not only fun, but they are actually really strong. And when people face Wesker a lot, they probably are not going to like it because they want some variety.

Id say it's pretty on par with Made For This. As Killer, you see it every match, it can have a powerful effect, and some people use it properly, some people dont. Overall you are just tired of seeing it, you want variety, there are hundreds of perks and you only see the same ones over and over. Ditto to this but with Wesker.

To be fair, DBD's "meta" is a delicate balance. It's always been a mix of "fun" and "strong", never leaning too hard on either side. I formerly believed it leaned moreso to "strong" but Ive since then changed my opinion.

• DredgeyEdgey
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Because something that has to be survivors' toy is actually annoying.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Blight already played too much lol

And we already asking nerf for him.

Wesker is fine tho. He is not busted, we can't nerf things just because they are popular

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

It's because they dislike losing, everything else said about it is just an excuse to come on here and ask for a nerf. His ability to tunnel isn't even hardly any better than other killers either so that is also just an excuse. Besides anyone who has played this game for more than a few months should know full well if they did go to "nerf his tunneling" they wouldn't stop at that, they would Billy the ######### out of him so how about lets stop trying to fix something that isn't broken, yeah fellas? I can think of 15 killers who need attention for better or worse more than Wesker who really we should treat as the gold standard.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 535
    edited July 2023
    Options

To put it simply, Blight has a higher skill ceiling compared to Wesker and that’s just facts. Learning to flick, moon rush and develop muscle memory using blighted crow and rat takes time and skill.

Wesker sucks in competitive play because comp survivors don’t make mistakes and that’s why he’s so strong in pubs because 90% of survivors that play in pubs suck. Comp survivors that play perfectly will still get hit against a good blight.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,173
    edited July 2023
    Options

Wesker having a high pick rate is only symptom of a larger issue. Most killers genuinely aren't as fun as he is. We've got Trapper, Pig, Clown, Myers, Freddy, Knight, Dull Merchant, Wraith, Legion, Twins etc. that all have their mains but ultimately they just aren't as fun to play as Wesker. Some simply lack the strength. Others are a nightmare to play.

That is further enhanced by the fact that most killers we got recently were incredibly weak at release. And if you can't get people to play a new killer straight after their release it's likely nobody will want to play this killer later on either.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

No, a more fair analogy would be you're sick of McDonald's because your spouse wants to eat there for every meal every day.

Sorry not sorry but when I be playing from 8am to 4pm or more if I feel like it, and every match is Wesker, I get bored.

I'm bored with playing Dead (or live, since I escape usually) by Wesker. Sheesh I'll take nurse over fighting that thing for the 50000th tyme.

• DredgeyEdgey
    Options

Your right that's a more fair analogy I was struggling to make a good one

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

Wesker was made near perfect. Yes the infection after hook should be reduce or have a 30 second timer give or take before infection builds. Outside of that Wesker is how every killer should be made. Not OP, Not a plaything, counter play, fun, etc.

The core issue is how boring and weak the majority of the cast is. Not to mention the 2-3 killer before Wesker were not great and the killers after were even worse. Sadako was holding on with the condemned strat which should be nullified soon so her KR will drop. Dredge is too map dependent (locker placements), along with Nightfall being horrible to deal with on both sides for varying reasons.

Nothing else needs to be said about the killers made after. They speak volumes on their own.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

I think the main reason for people wanting him nerfed is simply so they can face other killers than just wesker. Which i can understand. However a nerf is not the right move imo.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    edited July 2023
    Options

How do you make people want to play other killers? It's obviously not an issue of strength. Hag and Twins are both reasonably strong killers who destroy randoms. Artist is even stronger. Yet nobody wants to play them. You can't just make every killer a Wesker clone so that won't work either. It's a tough situation without an easy solution that won't piss everyone off. I definitely don't think Wesker being every other game is sustainable long term. I can speak from experience and say that playing against him so much has already made me start playing less. No killer variety is just boring and hurts the game. It was fine when he was new but he has more than worn out his welcome.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 302
    Options

because he is an example of what good killers are and how killers should be designed, the exact same reason why hillbilly got a 'rework'

• DredgeyEdgey
    edited July 2023
    Options

Here's how you make people play a variety of killers make alot of them better with counter play in their power that dosent destroyed the power like Singularity

Then we can make perks that do more

• DredgeyEdgey
    Options
  • GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

Simple solution to survivor perks as well:

Nerf MFT, SB, Resilience for the heck of it, and why not Hyperfocus as well.

Oh, also increase survivor hitbox sizes. That would be fun.

Then it would be "fair"

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

Don't forgot to add corrupt as basekit for every gen at the start of the match and add 30 seconds base to gen speeds