Comments

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373
    edited July 2023

Hot take dredge is a top 6 killer if he gets a good map

And most people just don't know how to play him

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,823

My unpopular opinion: RNG makes the game more fun and I wish there were more of it.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,853
    edited July 2023

Wesker and Legion should get some new chase music that actually sounds like chase music, Wesker sounds like you're suppose to fight him rather than run from him and Legion's music is just a track one would jam to, which the opposite of what a chase music is suppose to do, it's suppose to intensify the life and death situation that you're suppose to escape from.

Also outside of a few select ones, anime and manga crossovers in general do not fit dbd.

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 308

Hot take: the devs should probably not touch blights hug tech

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,330

I main GF and I think MFT is fine, but I also had no issues with old old DH (Dead hard for distance). It just challenges you to mind game more, and it's all the more rewarding when you get them.

Playing SoloQ is worse than Killer. As killer, you can always change tactics and make a comeback. But if you're teammates aren't doing much, it's pretty much ggs.

De-pipping needs to go.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,497

Meanwhile I run half map to find a teammate to work together on gen while using it. Bp is more important for me than effiency which would be to work on separated gens. Prove so often really favours killer. I don't even count how many times because of it killer gets multiple free hits.

• Deathstroke

I have done pretty fine with her on console. And she is way easier on pc and you can cancel blinks middle blink if survivor outplays you. So she is still 2nd best killer and those selected few can make her 1st.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,035

Pyramid Head isn't best tunnel at all. The trails are to easy to avoid and maneuver around.

Spirit phrasing back to hook soon she hear the unhook notification, clown hitting a survivor off hook with the purple bottle, and wesker chasing a unhook hinder survivor are all better at tunneling.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

The vast majority of killer mains play DBD because they suck at other PVP games and like the one sided experience BHVR enables.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

what? you cant cancel a blink midway. You can look down mid charge... but you probably wont land the hit because you have one blink to land it. A good survivor wont let you get that hit. I say this as someone with like 500 hours on nurse so im pretty qualified to say that. But honestly if you are doing good on console as nurse? goddamn you must be the best nurse player in the world, if you can play her without flicks.

shes got counterplay on both sides which is super fun to engage with once you know it. She just makes mindgames, the core of DBD, the sole method of playing chase. so if you cant mindgame you suck on either side. You also need very good juscle memory, flicks, and perfect predictions just to get the hit on good survivors.

• Deathstroke
    edited July 2023

I don't know how pc nurses do it but they hold to blink far away but then cancel it of you run closer to them. They can do it instant without looking down. Nurse pc flicks should be removed and then give range back. On console you just have to quess what survivor most likely gonna do and blink to that position. That how she is playable for me.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

you look down, you go through the blink you just dont move. Thats the "blink cancel" type thingy.

removing flicks would remove half of what makes her skillful

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Slugging is more fun than using hooks

• Frogsplosion
    Frogsplosion Member Posts: 273

the game was better when matches averaged about 15 minutes long instead of the current 3-5.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141

ds otr and anti camp should all be active in endgame, lots of killers can secure 1ks for free just by camping someone, its not fun or fair, killer can be buffed to compensate i dont care

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,144

Bloodhound is a horrible tracking perk, underrated for a reason. But it's not as bad as Predator.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

mirror myers is absolutely boring to play against and I don’t understand how it’s fun

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

That’s an interesting take tbh. Especially for tryhards.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

Even if exhaustion perks get nerfed and maps become smaller, there will still be a significant amount of killers who will still have trouble and lose the games, especially since BHVR wants to keep the 60% winrate. So even if maps and perks were nerfed survivors would be buffed in a different way and those killers would still lose and be unable to keep up.\

10k hours does not mean someone is good. Most people will hit a plateau and it'll be much harder to improve on a faster pace than the rest of the playerbase. Even if you do improve, keep in mind that the playerbase will also keep improving so you might not ever be above the majority of it and you'll always be average (but there's nothing wrong with that).

• hmeekins
    hmeekins Member Posts: 44
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,652

Nurse is not as hard as many people claim.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685

Jill valentine is the best survivor in the game…oh and thawk is a good perk

• Gorik
    Gorik Member Posts: 175

I think camping, tunneling, slugging, leaving your team mate on hook to finish the last gen, and leaving your team mate on hook to escape yourself are all fine, and no this is not satire.

• JustAnotherNewbie

Probably way more people feel this way, otherwise this kind of playstyle wouldn't be as common in DBD.

• Rise432
    Rise432 Member Posts: 162

Killer is the easiest its ever been since undying + ruin + tinkerer meta

Survivor is not that difficult either tbh I feel both sides just whined to much and demanded buffs that will hold their hands

Doctor is one of the most fun killers to verse

Blight speed addons are fine and balanced just stop getting yourself zoned

Trickster chapter was the worst DLC

I dont mind playing against skull merchant to much, even 3 gens ones

the medkit nerfs was overkill and Self care/botany should have their nerfs reverted

• Legion_S_Tier
    Legion_S_Tier Member Posts: 34

insidious/camping bubba never was and still isn’t funny. If your version of fun is to stand in front of a hook while other survivors do gens then what’s the point in playing dbd.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I love how this thread has gone from "Give me your hot take", to "Let me crap on your hot take". 🫤

• JustAnotherNewbie

It's to be expected, it's not like the premise of this thread was to not critique each others' hot takes.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

The self-healing component of CoH was never the problem.

All the nerf did was make it even stronger for SWF and useless for solos.

• JustAnotherNewbie

Yeah, but this goes to show you that people don't play vs SWF as much as they claim to they do. It's why you see them asking for nerfs to WoO and not perks that are good in SWF. They also don't care about boons any more, even though when CoH was strong, you'd have people prioritize finding totems at the detriment of gens and usually they didn't even bring a totem locating perk... (I've had teammates looking for totems for a minute or more)

And everytime it got snuffed they'd go back to bless the totem again. Maybe this will be my hot take.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Survivors do gens faster cause CoH got gutted, if CoH was still useful for solo survivors you'd have at least 1 survivor per game wasting upwards to a minute finding their first totem to bless and then they'd keep going back to bless it and gens wouldn't be done.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,830

I’m not. I’m having fun and win probably around 60ish% of my games. Which is why I listed it as a hot take.

Only time I get losing streaks is from survivors giving up for no reason. Nothing BHVR can do to stop people throwing tantrums. DC bots will at least make it a bit less frustrating.

Or if I get a string of Nurses, but that’s rare and everyone knows Nurse is busted.

• JustAnotherNewbie

Maybe they don't count games where someone suicides on hook early and it definitely seems that they don't count DC's either.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I think the bleed out mechanics is thematically and mechanically fine. What's lacking is player patience.

Also slugging for the 4k is legit, do it if you want to.

I wouldn't put much stock in it the forums is where people come to complain.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,144

Very good blights are the funnest killers to verse.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734

The game needs more rubber banding and less snowballing for both sides. The first few minutes can put either side in far too strong of a position.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,830
    edited July 2023

Most of what I said was just an estimate. I don’t really know the exact amount of escapes I get nor do I really care as long as I’m having fun. 60% just seemed right from the last time I played. Maybe I’m wrong but again I don’t really care enough to accurately calculate my win rate.

I have never heard about that 40% win rate MMR thing. I don’t see why MMR would force you into a 40% win rate.

I don’t really see how escaping 6 out of 10 games is that impressive honestly.

Also by win-rate, I’m just meaning that I escape not everyone else (but not if I’m given the hatch for free by a nice killer). Escape rate might be a better term to use.

• Nikolaifly
    Nikolaifly Member Posts: 50

I like proove thyself for the bp bonus ;c (not anymore tho <:( )

I think MTF is fine, and I do both survivor and killer about the same. I main Dredge (a mid tier at best killer) and i have never even noticed people have it bc I am good enough to kill people very quickly. My dbd hottake is that MTF isnt overpowered, and people who say it is are just bad lol.

I also hate the doctor idk if thats a hottake I just find him boring, and that his power is wasted potential bc his hallucinations and stuff are so fun and I remeber getting him when I first played and it was horrifiying and fun, but now its just boring.

Freddy is actually rlly fun to play as, he just isnt super good. He has alot of strategy and intense gaming involved if you use his abilities right with good perks.

I dont rlly like Mikeala mains bc they are fun people but they always sabotage my team (insta saving everytime).

I dont personally think Dredge is low teir bc people really dont understand how good he can be, chasing during nightfall is DENTRIMENTAL to good players even as they always get stuck on walls and stuff. Also the Remenant is AMAZING anti loop.

Im actually still in love with Wesker despite getting him so much, hes just so fun that I cannot bear to hate him.

I LOVE ACE VISCONTI SO MUCH HES MY BBG GIVE HIM MORE COSMETICS I LOVE HIM <33333

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,551

Hawkins was great and RPD is also really cool.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067
    edited July 2023

Tons of games are lost because of suicides (not DC) and throwers (opening chest to complete a challenge instead of repairing…). So the kill rate is very inflated. When survivors are good (vs a good killer) they will escape against everyone except maybe nurse or blight.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Hot take: Crotus Pen. Mac. Autohaven. Coldwind are the best of the 4 maps compared to the rest,

Indoor maps are terrible and need to be removed.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    edited July 2023

Survivor is easier without exhaustion perks.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Hope should be 5%, since it no longer has a time limit.

• DwightDwigt
    DwightDwigt Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2023

THWACK! shouldn't be linked to hooks; it should trigger every time the Killer breaks a breakable wall or pallet.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

You really do feel the effects of MFT on a good looper is the thing.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654

The Blindness status effect is very weak and easily countered by SWFs. It needs an update.

• JustAnotherNewbie

I distinctly remember one game on Haddonfield against him. It was impossible to break his 3 gen because 2 of the last gens were in one of the houses, and those houses had a bunch of lockers on the second floor and there were no more lockers left. I don't think we could have done anything at that point, he just could teleport away. Must have also been the one Dredge player who knew what he was doing somewhat.