The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why not matchmaking based on hours playing ?

i think this is a good idea ...

Comments

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

No it's not

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669

Most of the time the high hour survivors play as if they let their friend, that's new to the game, play on their account...

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,727
    edited July 2023

I am approaching 2k hours and am an alright surv, but a terrible killer.

Nope nope nope.

If the current MMR was actually given a decent chance to do it's thing it would prolly be ok. We likely need some combination of the old emblems and a stricter MMR but since the community loudly proclaimed it favors queue times over quality, well, here we are.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

Would be misery, even people with 8k hours sometimes just wanna kickback and chill. With this you really cant and queue times would just become awful once you hit a threshold and how do you balance this around a 4 man SWF where the range of hours would be drastic?

• JdoHybrid428
    JdoHybrid428 Member Posts: 87

Interesting take that could possibly work. But like one person mentioned people could create new accounts and go up against new players when them themselves aren't new at the game. I couldn't think of any major issues but it'd be better if they get the current match making system truly working for once. I know it's not an easy thing to do, even for huge studios with way more employees but the games been out for 7+ years and I've never seen it work properly.

People have mentioned the new system is purely based on escaping/not escaping and 4ks/no 4k, which is a horrible system even it is working properly. There's so much else that goes into the average game.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

You can waste 10000 hours and be garbage

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492