The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ok, hear me out, anti tunnel measure:

What if, upon coming off the hook, for the duration of basekit borrowed time, you were invisible to the killer and have no collision. You're like demanifested Sadako and MORE invisible than cloaked Wraith, temporarily. You can't use it offensively, but you're all but guaranteed a chance to go off and hide. Call it Entity's Shroud or something. Conspicuous actions break it. If you still wanna get heals under hook or whatever, you're still visible to your allies, but the killer can't see you or aura read you. Maybe no scratchies or blood otherwise it kind of defeats the point of being temporarily untrackable. No more tunneling off hook, killer goes after your unhooker, finds someone else, or if you failed to hide well and stabilize, you're fair game again with no valid cries of not having a chance to play. Maybe we wouldn't even need anti tunneling perks like DS/Off The Record/DH anymore. Preferably this comes alongside some changes to killers so people don't feel they NEED to tunnel alongside 4 slowdown perks to have a chance at winning as well. Am I being too optimistic? Would this not work, if it were possible for Behavior's coders to execute in game?

Comments

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

I like the loss of collision but not the invisibility. Tunneling is sometimes a necessity, its only an issue when its treated as the standard instead of a clutch tactic. Making them invisible would just completely negate the ability to tunnel at all. Which I understand is the point but I feel that making someone untunnelable is a step too far. At least not without a perk or something.

losing collision with endurance would be a dream come true. So sick of someone being unhooked right in front me, the unhooker immediately running to take a hit, then calling me a tunneler for chasing them. Maybe dont take a hit then????? I'm just gonna wait out your BT. Run. Away.

• JdoHybrid428
    JdoHybrid428 Member Posts: 87

I think that's a good idea and could actually work 👍. Plus they already have that tech with the Spirit's ability.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366

No, because sometimes tunneling is necessary. Is it something survivors don't like? Yes. But sometimes It's necessary. So it should be discouraged, but not prevented.

That said, before any "entitled killer main" accusations start flying, I play both sides, though if you add up all my prestige levels on each side, I've spent way more points on survivor side.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 421

How about instead we just make it so BT has its timer paused when in Chase.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,912

Survivors would abuse having that much time, causing them to actively run into the Killer's view to body block to force a hit or body block.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

I like this idea. Needs a bit of polish around the edges but it has potential

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

A tunneling killer will hit you through that Endurance and keep chasing. They are dedicated in their evil deeds

• loki1337
    loki1337 Member Posts: 26

Most assassins tunnel out of genrush. Of course you can remove tunneling and camping, but if genrush remains in the game, killers will become too weak against the survivor party. In that case, you need to completely remove genrush from the game and only then you can remove tunneling and camping from the game. It's like an equation. You can't remove something from one side without removing it from the other. You can't get rid of an interfering denominator in a fractional equation without dividing BOTH sides of the equation.

• loki1337
    loki1337 Member Posts: 26

Most killer tunnel out of genrush. Of course you can remove tunneling and camping, but if genrush remains in the game, killers will become too weak against the survivor party. In that case, you need to completely remove genrush from the game and only then you can remove tunneling and camping from the game. It's like an equation. You can't remove something from one side without removing it from the other. You can't get rid of an interfering denominator in a fractional equation without dividing BOTH sides of the equation.

• Squippit
    Squippit Member Posts: 89

Yeah, that's why I said it should probably come with some changes so killers don't feel they HAVE to tunnel. When I play survivor, I'd love some side objectives to do so I'm not always on gens. Something else to help escape would be nice, and time spent on that wouldn't be spent on gens. But that's probably a thread of its own.

• dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699

I wish more survivors would understand this:

TUNNELING IS A LEGIT TACTIC.

You have perks to offset it, you have oversaturated maps, you have MFT, you have gen efficiency. The more you try to nerf every little thing a killer can do, the more Blights/Nurse/Spirits you will run into. You can't nerf your way to an easy win every time. If any more changes are made to tunneling, killers need basekit corrupt and deadlock.