Make Deliverance actual useful and fix the way it plays DBD!!!!!

LibidinousPsyche
LibidinousPsyche Member Posts: 91
edited July 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

This skill really needs to be updated because it's pointless when you get strung with out a chance to unhook someone, especially at the start of a game. This skill needs to be able to work on the 2nd hook especially if you haven't used it already. I get so tired of having unhooked a survivor, and not using this skill yet, but already been strung up, and it shows I can use it on the 2nd hook knowing you can't. This is a dead skill and wasted space if you get strung up with out unhooking someone first, because even if you unhook someone after that, it shows useable, but of course it's not. Fix this for gawds sake. Who wants to carry around a dead skill. You have to do 2 things to use this ######### skill, first off you need to not get strung up with out a unhook on a team mate first, 2nd it has to be the first hook. Most all the other skills are useable throughout the game over and over.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

Whilst it is frustrating to be hooked without Deliverance being active, it's one of those perks which is high-risk, high-reward. If activated in time, the survivor chooses when they leave the hook, often when the killer has disappeared. Some like to use Deliverance quickly in the killer's face, then get annoyed when they're tunnelled. Done right, it can save a lot of time others may have lost when they could have been doing gens.

However, I'm not of the opinion it needs a change. Like Hex perks and such, the high-risk/high-reward of this perk feels just. It's a good perk as is.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,076

Deliverance is fine as it is. It is high-risk and high-reward. You can negate a lot of pressure from the Killer if you have Deliverance active and someone else does not need to get off a Gen. But you can also have a useless Perk Slot if you get found first or dont get an Unhook before you get hooked yourself.

You just have to accept that you wont get value out of your perk all the time. If you want to have value from your Perks in every game, you should not play Deliverance.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

If youre running deli and consistently are the first one chased/hooked, either change your playstyle or find a perk that better suits how you play the game.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

If only second wind worked with deliverance

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,903

No I don't think so. The perk allows for way too much efficiency for it to work 2nd hook.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,242

It needs to be a high risk perk for it to be balanced. A self-unhook is one of the largest pressure swings that can happen during a game. And knowing you have a guaranteed self unhook opens up a lot of risky plays you otherwise wouldn't go for. There has to be a huge risk to the perk. I'm a bit more cautious when I load in and have Deliverance. I usually don't immediately hop on the first gen I see.

• swaps211
    swaps211 Member Posts: 1

I might try this perk but will run it with distortion, lightweight, and spine chill plus the offering to start far away from killer as possible. should keep me safe until i get an unhook

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

No, deliverance is one of the best perks in the game and does not need a buff in the slightest. Just play super safe until you have it, then play super risky since theres no consequences. Very simple.

• fearsxoxo
    fearsxoxo Member Posts: 63

its fine like its at ! imagine being able to unhook yourself twice. that's too much. unless you make it usable only once per game ! but then again i think its fune the way it is. we all had memorable game using it. I sure remember using while me and another guy where hooked on the basement and bubba was guarding the entrance preventing the 2 other guyz from saving , ive unhooked both of us and we manage to all get out. High risk high reward !

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,603

Buff one of the strongest perks in the game. Got it.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

I know I could just point out the obvious that op wants to buff a top 5 survivor perk, but the real crime here is calling it a "skill" has this guy not even done the tutorial?

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Enough with the nerfs...

Eventually everything will be useless and boring. Everyone will be running the same perks then the cycle continues and they'll QQ about those. Enough is enough. Start buffing things to create variety please.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203

The only thing that annoys me about this perk is when your teammates beat you to the unhook. Like, I'm trying to activate my deliverance bud.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,983

Would be nice if there were some way to let my SoloQ teammates know I had it active... but largely I think its fine.

When you get that unhook after max time in a Bubba's face, its priceless.... 😘🤌

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141

Nerfing some of the op things we have now will also create variety, there's more options than just busted and useless btw, look at ds and dh which are still very strong perks

• dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699

Deliverance is top 3 survivor perks currently, along with Off the Record and Made For This. OTR is literally 3 perks in one, and MFT is busted and will 100% get nerfed here in the future soon.