The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ruin Rework Idea (8 SkillCheck guarantee))

2»

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Why not? Just go to another dull totem and burn it. Similar to when we had lanterns a few weeks ago.

5 potential chances to run ruin isn't that what all killers want, ruin as long as possible. Survivors cam break the dull totems to counter it.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Which is a buff for survivors.

You are admitting “gen rushing” is a problem for killers and then suggesting a buff to survivors that makes the gen rush even worse. Survivors know when the skill checks are coming, and are rewarded for hitting them. Where as currently they have no idea when a skill check is coming, and they get no reward for a great skill check, they only avoid a penalty for it. You know, Ruin. What you’re suggesting is some doodoo perk that killers wouldn’t use, and then even after that, gen progress is still a problem in the game because this rework does literally zero to address it.

What benefit does a killer have running this over current Ruin? lol

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Because killers don't have time to run around the map to find and light dull totems.

• AshleyWB
    edited March 2019

@Well_Placed_HexTotem Benefits for a killer using my reworked Ruin:

1. Survivors will have consistant and constant skill checks throughout the repair of each gen.

2. No bonus repair speed whatsoever.

3. Failed skill checks bump you back to the last marker and cause an explosion.

4. Failure to hit a great skill check damages any item charge you have by 5% each time.

5. You can only complete a generator if you hit every skillcheck as a great hex skill check otherwise you will be bumped back to the previous marker.

6.Whenever you are given a skill check and you are within 32 meters of the killer, your aura is revealed (like OoO) for the duration of receiving and hitting the skill check.

Number 6 is because you were complaining so much

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I mathematically proved how your suggestion makes Ruin worse, perhaps it is you who cannot read. I never diverted off a tangent, nor do I need Ruin, how about you read my previous post that shows you are wrong. I stayed on topic, and you're ignoring my point.

• PreGum
    PreGum Member Posts: 64

Right cuz everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and plays a killer you don’t like... they must be babies!!1!

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    1. no thanks, I’ll stick with RNG. For every rare occasion where I only get 4-5 skill checks on a Ruin gen, there are many more occasions where I get a ton.
    2. No bonus repair speed, but you said they get less skill checks for hitting the ones they do get. You already get no speed bonus.
    3. 3 4 and 5 are irrelevant, already apply, or are nonsense.

Its a good thing the people proposing these perk changes aren’t people actually making the game.

• AshleyWB

All I will say is that there is a reason people dc over a Legion. @PreGum

• Orion

People DC over a Nurse as well. Just because there's a reason doesn't mean it's a good one.

• AshleyWB
    edited March 2019

@Well_Placed_HexTotem You know killer is easy to play now than ever before yet you still complain saying the devs are only survivor minded. Well that may be true in terms of gen rush teams at high ranks but for everyone else it is irrelevant and is worsened with swf.

All you killer mains do is play the victim and demand a helping hand in whatever way you can get it. Survivor mains are the same and have been worse but now killers are getting far more whiney.

What about the neutrals who just want to play a fun game without some dumb but necessary perk being constant.

You critisize my idea and you sit there and accept all the other perks you dislike eventhough they serve you little or no purpose or use. You are a hypocrite. If you don't like how something works, you make your point.

• AshleyWB

@Orion Exactly. You cannot tell the playerbase how to feel in certain circumstances. If they feel like the match will be a borefest they might leave. If they feel like they are gonna have a bad time they might leave.

This is also the case when ruin is up, they might leave or not even want to do anything at all. It is anti gameplay because people assume, try hard, sweaty, unfun and a win at all costs killer. This isn't fun.

• PreGum

Who in their right mind uses ruin on legion anyway?

• AshleyWB

Just saying in that case it ain't ruin they're dcing on it's you. Even when borrowed time goes off mid game the appearance of the mending bt meter makes people quit too.

• Orion
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

It should be a passive perk in that case, rather than a Hex.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Honestly, I would love to see a totem rework. There's some totem perks I would love to use but they just aren't worth it because of how fast they go. I think if there was a totem design rework, it would be much more fun for everyone.

Really though, I'd love to see a new meta generator perk. Something passive but not as effective as Ruin. Ruin is just so boring. Pop Goes the Weasel is a great example of a potentially great perk. What makes this perk garbage is the fact it's on a very quick timer instead of a token system.

• AshleyWB

You just suggested a ruin change, The killer mains out there are dying inside now.

• AshleyWB

Huh...So you're saying hex ruin is a boring perk. But these killer mains told me its the most exciting perk to ever exist and must never be changed.

• Orion
  • AshleyWB

Ahem. Did they say ruin isn't boring to play...yes

Did they get all defensive and victimised when I suggested a rework...yes

They might have well said it's the most exciting perk ever. They are adamant that a rework never sees the light of day.

• AshleyWB

I would have been fine with just criticism but when you go to the thread and splurt out a load of nonsense unrelated and call my idea the worst ever (because you rely on it so much) I just lose my respect for you.

Your ruin rework idea is stupid because totem spawns are bad and it's gone in 14 seconds. Literally your comment is stupid because it is irrelevant to what I'm discussing.

• PreGum

Now because not enough people agree with your dumb idea, you’re goin to make up stories and assume? Well you know what they say about assuming!

No one disagreeing with your idea is anywhere near a victim because as far as anyone sees, hex perks aren’t going to be getting changed anytime soon (including NoEd)!

• SlothGirly

You didn't suggest a rework, you suggested a nerf. And not everybody here is a killer main either, case in point myself; also pleas stop putting words in the mouths of people who proved your idea bad and wrong.

• AshleyWB

@PreGum So apparently I'm wrong for wanting a change to ruin because there isn't a totem rework coming...ok. Actually you're wrong they're doing new stuff for totems.

• AshleyWB

@AlphaJackson I didn't put words in your mouths I generalised your opinions because they are what you have said.

My idea is not a bad idea you just refuse to be constructive with the many other bigheaded deranged legions. Orion was decent enough to be constructive and offer fair suggestions.

😠Your idea is very bad and wrong, I cannot allow you to suggest a rework for ruin because I need it to play killer.😠

• SlothGirly

I didnt suggest anything, I proved you wrong. I proved that your idea only gave survivors progression not the inverse which is the purpose of Ruin. There is nothing general about Ruin being boring, nobody said it was. Look just because your DS is getting nerfed doesnt mean Ruin should too, say as you like but you are wrong, I already made my point on why you are incorrect, so it is up to you to not be ignorant and look back. Otherwise you're just trying to make the game worse and I'm sorry but you're idea is absolute garbage.

• AshleyWB

So my idea is bad because I'm a survivor main (which I'm not). And I'm angry because ds is being changed (don't use it)

Survivors get no inversed progression for my version of ruin (they do, they get set back whenever they fail to hit a great skill check)

I'm incorrect (you can't read)

• SlothGirly

I'm was using your own way of speaking against you, using presumptions and also putting words in your mouth. But now that I know you're a "killer main" then this just proves that you for sure dont understand mechanics. If you dont like Ruin leave it, and if you think this change is good then you're wrong, only because I feel bad for you I'll paste my previous post here

"So a generator with one person takes 80 seconds to complete, leaving us at 1.25% progression per second. It would take 10 seconds per 12.5% on the gen up until the first skill check where you get an extra 7% progress, 7% equating to around 5.6 seconds of progress, multiply that by 7 as you would only have 7 of the skillchecks which you can find if you graph your idea. So in all we get 39.2 seconds of extra progress, take that away from 80 we have 40.2 seconds."

The maths doesn't lie, you're buffing survivors not hurting them, which I'm not sure you realise is the goal of the survivor, even if you keep regression it would only count for at most 40% regression if you dont great skill check each time, which equates to an extra 32 seconds at most. In short the regression is lower than the progression given by the change.

• AshleyWB

You don't get 7% extra gen progress. You push the skill check marker up by 7% of a gen repair.

But due to criticism I pulled it out completely.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Issue #1: Ruin is anti fun gameplay.

Anti fun due to the survivor being forced to hit a great skill check or lose gen progress. Nothing suggested solves this issue. The survivor will have to hit a min of 8 predefined or 5 guaranteed checks. The effects of ruin doesn't change so progression still falls back 5% on a good and 0% on a great. Doesn't seem fun and interactive. A suggestion later in the forum stated the progression would fall back to the previous 12.5% mark. Just throw me on that hook pls.

Issue #2: Killers feel they need it to slow down gens.

If three survivors jump on seperate gens at the start and one can run pallet to pallet without tripping on their shoelaces; a killer can expect three gens to pop before getting one hook. Many killers feel ruin is needed because of this. Not to slow down gen progression but to get the survivors off gens and searching for totems.

Survivors who stick to gens and power through ruin will overall finish gens faster than trying to search for ruin.

In order for killers to feel it unnecessary to run ruin would to A: Nerf it to the point it doesn't waste survivor time or B: Make another perk more necessary.

The next chapter announcement has presented a new perk that blocks gens from being worked on. Depending on the details this might be the next ruin. Only time will tell.

• AshleyWB

What if the great skill check was slightly bigger so its easier to hit. You will never be penalized twice for the same skillcheck miss. We should be asking what ifs to find something which works.

It seems to me that the main problem is each survivor on separate gens. Should ruin address that rather than what it currently does?

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

Uh, can you quote where I complained about what side the devs are catering to over the other? I’ll wait. Oh, you can’t.

I play both sides evenly and 90% of my survivor games are solo queues. I deal with Ruin by using the counters in the game that the developers gave me. A novel concept, I know, but it usually works.

The rest of your post is literal salt and crying about stuff that is either untrue or irrelevant. And I always love the accusation of wanting the game to be as easy as possible.... from the person who created the thread asking for a change to make the game easier for them. lol

You just said it again, Ruin is a boring but necessary perk. Deal with what makes Ruin necessary before you change Ruin. If you have glasses that aren’t the right prescription you aren’t going to change the nose guards hoping for better vision. You’ll end up with more comfortable glasses but still can’t see ****.

Youre admitting the killers need Ruin for the gen rush but also suggesting the gen rush get buffed by nerfing Ruin. Sorry, your rework idea just sucks.

• AshleyWB

@Well_Placed_HexTotem What are the counters to hex ruin then? Gen tapping which is dumb and finding the totem which you complain about when it breaks. Either let survivors work through ruin or they will get your totem because they are sick and tired of it.

And most if this thread hasn't been me pouring salt. It's me defending my idea because idiots don't read and blame me for bad totem placements and other irrelevant stuff. Like give your ideas and we'll find something that works. Instead you are denying how annoying and boring ruin is to play against and to fit into your builds.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

You can counter Ruin in lots of different ways. Work through it. Put on Small Game and find the totem. Put on Detectives Hunch and the totems are literally shown to you.

I don’t care if survivors break the totem. Unlike most killers, unless I can trap the totem with a Hag or Trapper, I don’t even defend the totem. What is annoying is when you spawn on a map and literally 10 seconds into the game your totem is broken because it spawned right next to a survivor.

You don’t have to be a sweaty killer main to think totem placements in the game are doodoo. You claim to want a balanced game but your posts sure don’t reflect that. Go back to the drawing board kiddo, this rework sucks.

• AshleyWB

@Well_Placed_HexTotemDon't call me kiddo daft punk

• PreGum
  • AshleyWB

I'm not getting defensive I'm putting an end to it in a cranky way.

Some people are so stuck up that any thread you make for whatever reason there are people who go around slamming anything you say. Those people are annoying. And so are you @pregum for thinking you beat me or something with your snarky comments. You know forums could do a lot more good without some of these people cluttering stupid nonsense and insults around.

• PreGum
  • TLP_Legion
    TLP_Legion Member Posts: 25

Wait...you're a console player???? That explains a lot of your issues right there. You cannot intermingle PC and console gameplay, or try to change PC to benefit console. Ruin isn't fun on console because of poor optimization, which is being worked on.

I think this entire thread is moot because there is no way you can make that change for PC. And console won't get separate patches. Survivor is extremely easy on PC, even more so on console because the frames are garbage. A 360 will rarely work on PC, though it will happen regularly on console. Fix the framerate and Ruin won't be a problem on console.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Id like to see skill checks on the actual Hex totems as standard

• AshleyWB

@PreGum I made this thread how about you leave. I don't like you and it's gonna take more than a few thumbs up to get me back to normal with my opinion of your sorry ass similonian face.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

Is this some young thing? Is daft punk supposed to be an insult?

Sorry that your rework/nerf was laughably bad, kiddo.

• AshleyWB

@Well_Placed_HexTotem How about you shut up and face camp the totem you desperately need to be untouched.

• PreGum

Like me or not, at least I don’t come up with stupid ideas that make perks worthless. Now stop replying and wasting my time with your nonsense. It’s tiring.

• AshleyWB

@PreGum How about you stay off my thread. All you seem to be doing is repeatedly insulting me. I'm defending myself by speaking up to you. Any more from you then you'll be bordering on harassment.

• PreGum

Are you sure you’re not a survivor main? You’re getting offended over nonsense pretty easily lmao

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

Bitter much? I already told you I don’t even defend Ruin when I use it. Try to read a little, it might help with the salt.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Each time a survivor hits a great skill check, he gets to keep his finger. Otherwise it gets blown off and he loses 10% action speed permanently. Lose all 10 fingers and he can't do anything that involves hands