The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Huge graphic bug (fixed?)

Nark
Nark Member Posts: 14
edited June 2023 in Bug Reporting
  • PC/Steam
  • Playing against Singularity on the Yamaoka Wrath map using Rebecca
  • After my second hook my screen completely broke. It would flash, turn black, tear, and jitter over and over while the audio played just fine. My graphics have never done this so it was very weird. I have a recording from when I was spectating and it was doing the same thing but I failed to capture audio before my game crashed/ended. It was only on my end as well, my friend who had already died in the match spectated and everything appeared normal from my POV.
  • Unsure how to recreate
  • This has only happened once (so far)

UPDATE:

• Playing against Knight on the Midwich School map using Rebecca
  • Bug happened again, I believe it's an issue with my DLC. I added the Hellraiser and Silent Hill DLC shortly before starting my game and the previous bug happened.
  • After posting my original report and restarting my game the issue occurred again. I checked my task manager and everything was reasonable, nothing too high in usage, so it appears to be game-sided. I'm testing the integrity of my files as we speak. I did not record my screen or save my logs for this instance but it was the exact same graphical issue, this time after taking a hit and walking down the hallway upstairs. I hid in a locker while injured hoping to check my task manager when my game crashed again. I sent the little report it auto generates right after. The people I was gaming with said it appeared fine on their end until I suddenly dc'd all while being completely fine in voice chat.

I have a recording of my screen as well as my log from the original game if needed, I'm unsure if they attached.

UPDATE 2:

• Played about 8 games since my first post/update, each one has gotten the bug after about 5 minutes into a match. I have verified my files, restarted pc, updated drivers, and now I'm fresh installing DBD to try and fix this. I'm getting very disheartened and upset I really love this game and have sunk some money into it for DLC so the fact I can't even play without these issues is tragic.

Here's a recording of the bug showing it's not effecting the UI in game (skill checks, team mate names and pictures, etc.) just the things outside of that. It also effects menus like the end screen and home screen while leaving things like buttons alone entirely. This only happens on DBD, no other game or program is doing this for me. As you can see in the video I also had a weird issue where the Wraith I was going against was carrying me but I didn't show up on his shoulder, I appeared to the side. I also was locked into his camera for a moment during this. It's very hard to make out because of the graphical glitches but it was really strange on top of the glaringly obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpegF_lfL9k

UPDATE 3:

• I realized I forgot to mention: this happened after my game was working completely fine on the new DLC launch day. I got a code for the DLC and since adding it directly from the shop my game has been broken like this. I've tried restarting my pc multiple times, reinstalling DBD entirely, whitelisting dbd/anti-cheat in my antivirus, updating drives, messing with graphics settings, and much more. Nothing is fixing this issue so I give up till someone here can help, I'm miserable over this. I just want to play my game :o(

UPDATE 4 - FIXED?:

• I watched a video on youtube (linked below) that had about 15 things to fix the exact bug my console was giving me during my crashes. The one that worked for me was going into Steam - properties on dbd - launch option - adding -dx12 to the launch options
  • So far the graphical issue is mostly fixed, some maps are better than others, but I'm still getting weird bugs with certain killers. The artist's crows take up my entire screen and lag me horrendously, the Saloon map has weird glitching and stuttering issues regardless of killer, the Wraith downed me and carried me brokenly like in my video twice now (picks me up and walks around, my camera locked on them, but my body is floating elsewhere. If I'm saved/wiggle out my camera is locked on the killer). There's been some others but at least the black screen with flashing is basically gone.
Post edited by Nark on
3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• crZ8
    crZ8 Member Posts: 2

I need that YouTube Video. Ive been having the same issue and everything I’ve tried hasn’t worked.