Reporting

bathwatergrill
bathwatergrill Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 7
edited February 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey. Few things about reporting.

• First of all, it should be way faster and more straightforward than it currently is.
  • Nobody records their games, unless they are streamers. We just have 0 reason to fill up our ssd's with random dbd games.
  • You cannot attach images when opening ticket trough steam browser, when reporting trough steam and ingame. The pictures just won't show up. I've tried this million times and with different types of imagefiles.
  • I was just reported by a toxic duo who barely got any points and did nothing whole game, saying I did nothing and they are reporting me. (I had 4 iri's and most points) meanwhile they were bragging about their 4x gold. I have no way to prove their report as false report, since I could not attach images to the report ticket. Now I'm being reported by 2 players who are abusing the system and just because they were friends.
Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

I still find it bizarre that the reporting system made it into the game like this. Seems like it was an afterthought.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

It's even more complicated to report on console with evidence.

• NOEDaddy
    NOEDaddy Member Posts: 93

In console you can’t even write an explanation below while reporting. It’s hilarious how big the game has gotten while still having such differences between console and PC.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 144

So reports don't do anything unless you also submit a support ticket with video evidence? Who in their right minds thought that would be workable?

No wonder toxicity is so rampant when there is no system in place to punish it; and even worse, players are mislead into thinking there is.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    edited February 2023

chat offences don't require an extra report (beside ingame) or evidence. everything else needs a report on the website and evidence.

reporting a hacker takes me about 30 minutes and i have everything setup for it. writing an ingame report, cutting the recording (because thats faster than cutting the video on youtube), uploading the video and writing a report on the support form.

i wonder how many things are not reported because nobody wants to take time for it.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,932

First of all, it should be way faster and more straightforward than it currently is.

Sure but doing that takes a lot of development time and making and designing underpinning system.

Nobody records their games, unless they are streamers.

False, I do. Its always running in the background and will save the last mins to a file at a press of a button.

My Nvidia Graphics Card has a service built in, its called Shadowplay. Its really good.

We just have 0 reason to fill up our ssd's with random dbd games.

Upload them for your report and then delete them. or see above.

You cannot attach images when opening ticket trough steam browser, when reporting trough steam and ingame.

Its not bHVR's fault that the Steam Browser is bad. Open a browser outside the game.

I was just reported by a toxic duo who barely got any points and did nothing whole game, saying I did nothing and they are reporting me. (I had 4 iri's and most points) meanwhile they were bragging about their 4x gold. I have no way to prove their report as false report, since I could not attach images to the report ticket. Now I'm being reported by 2 players who are abusing the system and just because they were friends.

Don't take false reports by other users seriously, you are letting them get under your skin. This is an old strategy of Survivors.

• bathwatergrill

First of all, it should be way faster and more straightforward than it currently is.

Sure but doing that takes a lot of development time and making and designing underpinning system."

Why wasn't it already in the game when it was released? It's a competitive game with solo queue lobbies and chat option.

Nobody records their games, unless they are streamers.

False, I do. Its always running in the background and will save the last mins to a file at a press of a button.

My Nvidia Graphics Card has a service built in, its called Shadowplay. Its really good.

You are nitpicking, nobody as in majority of the players. That is a stupid argument. You can't expect everyone to have systems that support background programs to record and still run the game smoothly.

You cannot attach images when opening ticket trough steam browser, when reporting trough steam and ingame.

Its not bHVR's fault that the Steam Browser is bad. Open a browser outside the game.

It's bhvr's fault for making a report system like this in the first place. Also there are zero instructions given how the report system works.

Are you just commenting coz you like to argue with people?

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137

I notice it is always the most toxic people who body block and do nothing during the entire game that will say they are going to report you in the endgame chat. I just had a really good game where I got like 28,000 bloodpoints and still died because the character body blocked me like a hockey goalie at the exit gate while I was trying to escape the killer. Not only that but the killer was camping and I still was able to make multiple safe hook saves and like 10 flashlight blinds and multiple gens. This survivor that had crows most of the game ended up escaping with like 11,000 blood points and told me they were reporting me. I wish DBD would take more seriously trolls who abuse and make false reports or say that they are reporting you falsely. Because it is really awful to work so hard in a game only to be told you are going to be reported at the end by someone who should literally be banned.

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137

As it stands currently the DBD report system is basically only for streamers and for people with 20 terabyte hard drives, not for us little folks.

• BougieBlackChick
    BougieBlackChick Member Posts: 316

That’s YOU. The vast majority of this playerbase is not recording every match they play and it’s absurd to ask or expect them to do so. Also yes you have NVIDIA but not everyone does. I specifically mentioned that certain recording software only works for certain systems, can also depend on your graphics card etc.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,932

I'm sorry, I don't know all options for every device.

What device are you on? Perhaps I can help.

• bathwatergrill

Lmao I just tried to report a toxic postgame chat with screenshots. This time I tried with chrome and not the steam browser, it still says the filetype is not supported. Imagine us having this toxic can of worms community and not being able to report other players. The reporting is made super troublesome and I have yet to figure out how to report.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,974

The report system is fundamentally flawed and I will open a thread talking about it very soon

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,675

Verbal abuse in the postgame chat does not require a ticket, only the in-game report is needed for that.

• bunnymimi
    bunnymimi Member Posts: 1

Report system does absolutely nothing. I've complained several times now that two players repeatedly spammed me to: "#########" "hurry up and do it" "just #########". All because I didn't mind farming with a killer.

Both in game chat and on steam before I even had a chance to block them. Reported them on steam and in game. Has anything happened to them yet? Nope