What perks do you have trouble playing without?

Options
Exerlin
Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has trouble without a certain perk! Personally, I have trouble actually surviving without No Mither. Me AND my team lose so much more often when I'm not running it, both solo-queue and SWF. It absolutely baffles me

So, what are your personal "crutch" perk(s) that you have trouble playing without?

Comments

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498
    Options

Dead Hard, Hope, and Resilience.

MFT to a point but I'm trying to not get attached since it might get nerfed, but the above three I refuse to play without.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I know what you mean. My three are Dead Hard, adrenaline, and wake up. Yeah, wake up. I never find the gates if Im chased during egc. This way I can, and I let others know. Yay teamwork!

MFT is absolutely getting changed with all the whining. So I didnt even bother to try it out.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    edited July 2023
    Options

Sprint Burst. The only exhaustion perk I've ever needed. I feel naked without it.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 850
    Options

Balanced Landing. I just hate the stagger. Feel like the main gen on Toba is a no go without it.

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 500
    Options

lightweight and Iron will, I main Rebecca so....

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

While not any more, I really crutched on old Spinechill. Thank god it got nerfed and forced me to change.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

Calm Spirit. I took it off once, played against a Doctor and it became basekit from then on.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,703
    Options

Shadowborn. I feel so sluggish without it.

Can't wait until the FoV slider gets added and I can have a 4th perk slot again :D

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 177
    Options

Windows of opportunity. I play occasionally and don't really have it in me to memorize maps.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    edited July 2023
    Options

Off The Record. it's so good and I have no idea how more people don't use it. It's huge when a proxy camping killer is trying to tunnel you. I've caused so many killers to completely throw the game trying to tunnel me because of this perk and it feels fantastic. The way it blocks aura perks and give you old iron will is great as well. So many games would be much closer if everyone ran this perk. It's going to be even better once killers are no longer able to facecamp.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

I remember when I said I would never run shadowborn as to not get addicted to it. Then I threw it on for a meme and now I have synthetically created motion sickness only when rushing on blight without shadowborn.

So yeah, that one.

On survivor it's windows but man mft feels good, it will without a doubt get nerfed due to how strong it is though. It could lose the endurance part and still be S tier. Old me would be so shocked.

• Squippit
    Squippit Member Posts: 89
    Options

In soloqueue, Bond and Kindred

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    Options

I also run Kindred and have recently switched Bond for Empathy. You should give it a try. It is the best aura perk for knowing where the killer is as you see when somebody gets injured and can see if they are still in chase and where. It’s so good.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Bond

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 613
    Options

Bamboozle.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Windows for sure. I cannot run a decent chase without it.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,639
    Options

the classic soloq band aids: kindred, bond, woo and deja vu

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Whispers. Even though I can't say it gets great value every match, just knowing where they aren't feels so invaluable in the early game.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I still feel incredibly blind without Kindred. I have accepted it's down to a cosmic diceroll if others will even care about what it tells them when I'm on the hook, but being able to see that someone else is going for that save or that person over there is acting like they're in chase/hiding from a nearby killer so I should go do something is just so good.

Please make it possible to tell if it's just you that have Kindred, or if both you and the guy on the hook has it. Knowing if everyone else can see what I can see would be very handy information thanks 👍️

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Aftercare. Playing without it makes me feel as blind and lost as I did as a 2h player.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,911
    Options

I change my perks up all the time for this reason, so there's none I'd say I crutch on, but Overcome is definitely my favourite exhaustion perk so I have it equipped alot.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Windows as many maps got very dark on console without any ingame settings.

It's like playing on 'ultra' with no filters. Hard to believe, right? Try it out yourself!

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,192
    Options

Empathy is one of the most underrated survivor perks, even in a swf if someone tries to explain where they're getting chased its going to take time and it may not be accurate but with empathy I know right where the action is

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 104
    Options

Corrupt Intervention, without it i feel like my earlygame is much worse.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

Shadowborn. That one is non-negotiable.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I wouldn’t say have trouble without it but I just enjoy the comfort of lightborn.

I don’t care about facing when picking up survivors because I’m wrapped in the warm blanket of lightborn.

The time I most equip it though is playing infinite tombstone Myers. You be amazed how much stalk you can get off a survivor trying to blind you when you don’t have to look away.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

We’ll Make It

0 tolerance for SoloQ’s hooked survivors who opt to flee the unhook unhealed, only to get downed less than a minute later.

When they see that li’l WMI icon they almost always receive the speedy good heal Luvins🫶🏽

feeling confident in their next chase😌

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

use to be corrupt for killer and windows for survivor. I rarely use either now tho

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

Plunderer's Instinct + Appraisal. So many games where I listened to what the chests told me to do and led my team to a 4 out because of it

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359
    Options

Lethal, helps out the early game so very much

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Bond. I have been using it since 2017.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

You have to try Appraisal + Ace in the Hole! When I'm not running No Mither I am most likely running that

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

Windows Of Opprotunity.

At first, I was just using it to learn the maps better, but I feel blind without the knowledge. The amount of times I've ran into a loop with no pallet and that's what gets me killed has cemented itself in my usual loadout.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,703
    Options

No idea. I think sometime this year or early next year maybe?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,911
    Options

We'll Make It is great, I always use it for those heal challenges because everyone let's me heal them on the spot when they see I have it.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Bond and botany on survivor, shadowborn and enduring on killer

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Bond or Deja Vu - I have at least one of them equipped. Usually both are to avoid bringing the killer to a 3 gen while being chased.

Most of my perks as survivor is mostly to help my teammates. As killer I don't depend on perks I just try fun builds.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I have terrible memory, and cannot do without Windows of Opportunity.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256
    Options

Windows of Opportunity. It's just soo good and even though I know pallet spawns and tiles extremely good, there is no way im going to remember which pallets my team mates were dropping.

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 347
    Options

Vigil. It helps me out of so many jams, seriously.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

I got pretty good with SB and it felt weird not using it, but now I am MFT all the way.

• Nightmarefan
    Nightmarefan Member Posts: 65
    Options

I play on Ps4 so Iron Grasp on Killer is a must for me. Without it if a survivor has boil over(and I do seem to run into a lot maybe half my games) I may as well not even pick them up.

As for survivor - I've recently been playing lots of different builds(which started with the random perk challenge) so I currently dont have a must have.

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98
    edited July 2023
    Options

For survivor, Kindred, Bond, and Deja Vu are godsends. I still have trouble finding generators on indoor maps like the Executioner's map, so having Bond and Deja Vu basically erases any complications with that. And Deja Vu can also be a quick way of telling if a killer has Corrupt Intervention and where to go if so.

For killer, Agitation and Iron Grasp are my default when I don't know what perks to slap on. I feel so slow and uncoordinated without them. And Iron Grasp is basically a middle finger to anyone running Boil Over. XD Information perks are something I struggle without. I'm trying to wean myself off of them to observe survivor habits without relying on perks, but it's not going too well, I'll admit. Heck, there are plenty of times I get bamboozled mid-chase and I'm just like, "Am I blind?"

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,896
    Options

Kindred

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Survivor: Deja Vu feels almost necessary is soloQ and spending like 15 seconds less on gens over the course of a game feels good.

Killer: Pain Res, gens feel like they fly without it. Not as much but i also love Nowhere to Hide it gets me so many hits that have probably turned a number of games to my favor.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Whispers and Corrupt

Whispers: I can't stand not knowing if there's a (or) Survivor(s) around

Corrupt: I Still haven't gotten over not using it (Help ME)

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Brutal Strength.

Since I prefer playing M1 killers, 9 out of 10 maps feel like nothing more than pallet kicking simulator 2016.

Kindred.

Anyone that claims SoloQ was improved with the HUD has no idea what they are talking about. For SoloQ, this perk is nothing short of mandatory.