The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

As a solo survivor I hate the hatch.

Just played a match. I ended up getting the hatch and it happened because I actually played straight up and got it.

Maybe this is more common on Xbox but the hatch being in the game has a huge negative impact on most of the games where it becomes a reality. If someone dies and we have 3 gens GUARANTEED...2 gens most likely...1 gen still probably going to happen. One person sometimes both remaining survivors will give up and just start looking for the hatch. Then starts me 1v1 the killer and actually managing to pull it off shaking my head at how badly we wouldve beat him had the other two been helping.

Then I have situations where I solo a gen 50% of the way and escape the killer twice. Like what would happen if they were helping me? We get away without question. This leads to killers who aren't even good killing us.

Oh look here this totally winnable match and the only way I am going to survive it now is by spending 10 extra minute sneaking around like an idiot AND only if they find the other person willing to do literally ANYTHING to survive like its a huge deal or something.

Comments

• Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

I hate hatch stand offs, it ruins the fun of the game. What I hate about the hatch is when me and another survivor are left and the other survivor just gives up, hides, and waits for me to be found and die.

Yes, I will continue to do gens even if I know the other person is hiding and waiting me out.

But I agree with you. The "get out of jail free" card does not seem to be worth the issues it causes.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

this is when i find the killer and do my best to tell him to follow me and lead him to the other person with my bond, and allow the killer to kill me unless they give me the hatch since i dont care if i die (especially if the survivor was doing that)

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Never works for me. Like 1 in 10 chance justice will happen. With my luck the killer ends up punishing the only person (me) who actually tried to keep the match going.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Its annoying as hell when we stand no chance. The problem is more than half the time we have a really good chance of finishing the match anyways but now don't because you want to be a POS and sneak around for a hatch.

Overall I don't think it works as intended. I would rather die and not get the hatch escapes. It would be a welcome trade to all the immersed players or rank obsessed survivors that ruin these types of matches for everyone else.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

i made a thread before that said they should remove hatch Bc it works most against survivors than for them. Due to team work falling apart most times for no reason. They get lazy Bc they know hatch is there.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Make hatch to give 0 points. No more "do 2 gens and escape with 5k+7k points" anti mates and everyone would work towards winning as a team.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Half of my survivor games end up with everyone dead and me last alive finding hatch. The other half I get found and camped. Rank 13 sucks.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I find it hilarious when they attempt to look for the hatch when it isn't possible to have spawned yet like with two people left and three gens. I personally don't go hatch hunting. I try to get as many people out with me as I can.