Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nerfing Prove Thyself?

Im so sad theyre doing this making it go from 15 to 10%. Thats one thing. Okay fine I guess. But youre taking away the bloodpoints bonus too? For what? Makes no sense to me. That doesn't effect gameplay. You guys did that with bbq and chili too. If you're gonna nerf prove thyself, ATLEAST let us have that.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I was using during the whole event to get BP faster. I dont really care for bonus speed because even with current value, 2 surv doing 2 different gens are more efficient than 2 survivors on single gen with Prove.

I hope they will look at objectives BP gains and make them earn faster. 1250 bp for a solo gen is really low

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

*90 seconds. But yes. 4 Great Skill Checks are around the same as 90 seconds on a Gen.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

The logic behind removing the BP bonus makes sense, if not fully thought out. They don't want to make you feel like you need a perk for BP. The problem is people feel like they need PT for BP, because Objective BP is so poorly distributed as others have mentioned.

If you 0->100% 5 gens solo, you'll get 6250 Objective BP... across 4 Survivors, only 6250 BP in one category is obtainable. Ok to be fair, 2 people hard open gates for another 1250 Objective BP each, but that only bumps it up to 8750BP split across 40000 maximum, or roughly 22% max. Technically you can duo a gen to each get 625, and ~1300 Co-op BP, for 3850 total a gen across 5 gens, which still including gates can only reach 21750/40000 Survivor possible, or just shy of 55%. So everyone is expected to get ~16 Great Skill Checks (or 96 good checks each) on gens each in order to make up that deficit, but even that cuts into the co-op BP since that is based on time spent, not progress made.

That doesn't even take into consideration that grouping up on gens is typically the worst thing for Survivors to do, as when the Survivors solo 4 gens and the Killer interrupts a gen, the Killer displaces 1 person. If the Survivors group 2 and 2 on gens, and the Killer interrupts a gen, the Killer displaces 2 people, which gives them a greater chance to snowball pressure into an early victory. Nearly every Killer benefits when Survivors group up in one way or another, even if only by the simple virtue of twice the chance of an early hit.

If they basekit the co-op bonus of the perk it would go a long way to helping the BP numbers for Survivor, from 25/s to 50/s (this would allow the 5 duo gens and gates to reach ~80% max BP, Skill Checks and Slowdown can make up for the remaining 20%). Note that Prove Thyself also gave this bonus BP for duo heals, even if it would only grant an extra 175-200BP total with no heal modifiers for a single heal.

The only strange thing is they aren't also removing Distressing, Hex:Thrill of the Hunt, Beast of Prey, or No One Left Behind's BP bonuses. With the justification given, and not adjusting all the other perks alongside it, that leads me to believe this is another bad 6.1.0 styled popularity nerf, and not a nerf to something actually powerful or deserving. People can run Deja Vu like others said, or Overzealous with a boon, and get far more value (overall, as well as) on gens than using PT.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

The problem is that bhvr, as always, looks at the stats and saw that people play a lot of prove (during the event) because you get more bp working on the gene, bhvr justifies it with "we don't want to give the perks more bp" then they would also change the other things like: No One Left Behind, addons that give more bp change everything where's the outcry? is it maybe because the stats haven't changed significantly? :D you have to understand that bhvrs heart races when you see this as an example: bbq is used 40%, you want to nerf it then (because of the stats) So: when bhvr says "we don't want any bp in perks or addons" then they mean "we don't like the stats being falsified because the perks are popular because they give more points", because if bhvr would mean it then really all things would be gone, also the meme addons from many killers (the brown addon)

I mean bhvr does the same for himself, example: one of the team member fall in love with a lady, then goes home and does a probability calculation, which concludes that the probability is 20% that they will grow old together, what does one of bhvr do now? correct! what he has learned, don't give the thing a chance, because you can't judge everything by numbers, you need people who are experienced, ask an older couple who have been together for 50+ years, is no different here in dbd and many other things, numbers are ok and should be kept in mind, but you don't base everything on them, because you have to have the experience, 10k hours of players here, main Onyro there players there, another 15k hours players, ask the more experienced players what they think about certain things, then maybe the person could learn from it and live with his loved one for 50+ years

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

I believe they nerfed Prove because killers complained about it, not because of the slight bonus it provides.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

I agree we don't use that perk for the speed most of us anyway, we use it because it takes forever to max objective, if you delete all bonus BP atleast buff score events a bit ??! for a FULL solo gen it's ridiculously low...

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730

Prove Thyself was good because when gens get completed it becomes more of a necessity to co-op them and especially in 3-gen situations getting that speed boost could be a major save. It didn’t need this nerf outside of the BP.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

They don't want you to do gens and win games by punishing with lack of BP for doing so. They want you to be silly and meme around giving killer free win. No survivors, no Nick Cage buffs as well, only Killer buffs. Classic BHVR

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,224

This should've been the wake up call to buff Objective points for Survivors in general, but they haven't done anything yet unfortunately.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Most likely. And I bet most of the Killers who complained about Prove Thyself did not even know what it actually does.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Survivors did get some buffs, although the perks changes are ok-ish at best and the bots are more of a QOL change than a buff.

The hook grabs removal and the spirit addon changes are indeed helpful.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690

I like the PT changes but not increasing the bp gain from gens is a mistake.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,853

I agree, I totally support nerfing the gen progression as the difference it makes is very noticeable as killer, I can always tell when they are running prove.

But taking away the BP bonus? I don't understand that either as most of the casual player base still need all the BP they can get

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They have already explained why they remove BP bonuses from perks.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

Yeah the fact they aren't adjusting all other BP perks (and nerfing a perk that helps Killers more than Survivors) was what led me to believe it was a 6.1.0 styled popularity nerf (by complaints or usage). The 6.1.0 popularity nerfs were among some of the worst thing they have done that I've seen. Old Pop/ruin/DS/IW only needed single nerfs, and that can be seen with Pop shifting from 25% max (of 80s Gens)/ 6.1.0 20% current (of 90s gens)/ 7.0.0 30% current. Heck, they buffed pop whenever the gen has ~67 or more seconds on it, and arguably if no gen is that progressed, you didn't need the slowdown. Prove is a Killer perk even at 15% with and without the BP bonus.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,011
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

It’s usually better for survivors to spread out on gens rather than cluster together. Even with 3-Gen situations Prove wasn’t the best choice. It’s even less now.