The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Trash teammates

I’ve never been to rank 1 and tbh I blame never having teammates who are somewhat decent.

WHYYYY DO YOU PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU DONT DO ######### DURING THE GAME!!!?!?!?

sorry for sounding like such a child but seriously, I’m SICK of ALWAYS being the gen jockey, WHILE being altruistic like ######### ######### why do you break the haunted ground totem if there ISNT hex ruin WHY do you people literally refuse to do ANYTHING when there is a hex totem like why do you even join a lobby ?

Comments

• Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

If you are on PC you can add me to steam and we can play. Steam name is Kratorex

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

If you can't reach rank 1 you can't blame your teammates.

• diamonddabs
    diamonddabs Member Posts: 21

I can escape 4 out of 5 times so it’s definitely not me. Some points are dependent on teammates so it seems like you’re a survive with friends type of player.

Typical.

• Eveline

No I'm not. I play solo since I started. Just play more and you will reach it. You don't even need perks to do it.

• Eveline

It's not that hard when you are more experienced. I can always reach rank 1 from rank 20. Ranking is too easy in this game now. I barely started playing killer recently too and I already reached rank 1.

• diamonddabs

ive gotten to rank 5 and it’s only because I basically do ALLL the work. I go for saves, I can loop a killer for ATLEAST 1-2 gens, any longer and it’s a good game. What am I missing?

Seriously no offense but it’s annoying as ######### when teammates can’t run from a killer for more than 20 seconds before getting downed.

• Eveline

If you do few gens and unhooks you pipped.

• diamonddabs

Yeah and higher ranks I don’t pip even if I do 2 gens 1 save or 2+ saves and one gen. There’s more that goes into it.

Im just frustrated with the amount of people that will join a lobby and not do anything to try to win. What is the point? Leave the game PLEASEEEE if you do this.

• Eveline

It's impossible that you don't pip if you do all that.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Your pips and ranking is based on your performance, not your teammates'. If you're finding yourself not pipping, look at where you're weak and get better at it. Not everything is the fault of your teammates.

• diamonddabs

I understand it’s sometimes me, but the reality is that I’m tired of winning games via hatch because after I do 2 gens no one cares to do any and go down like flies.

im going to have to record and post here another time to prove it.

• diamonddabs

I guess you guys are lucky with teammates that are somewhat decent throughout the rank, because even at rank 6–9 people still make the same mistakes that rank 15 makes so it’s kind of annoying having to do everything

• diamonddabs

Also it’s pretty ANNOYING when I spawn right next to the killer like ######### is wrong with this game!!!!! This has happened so many times

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

You're kinda missing everyone's points. If you're not pipping it's because you're not doing the things that get emblem points. Your team mates don't matter for that. Play altruistically, unhook and heal people a lot.

• Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

I just did a game where I was the weak link. I helped with 2 gens, unhooked 2 people and died. I made some silly vaulting error (vaulted into the basement against a LF) and I still pipped at rank 1. Doing nothing but gens are not going to help pip. Like ClogWench said, unhook and heal.

• diamonddabs

Okay I’m going to break it down to a typical game of mine

i finish a gen if my team is lucky enough not to get hooked before it’s done

usually two teammates have been hooked by this time already

i go for a save, I get tunneled because the killer knows I’m a survivor who’s wasting their time

teammates don’t do gens, MAYBE save me

i end up dying because I’m going for saves AND doing gens. I’m not saying I always get two gens & saves a game but I’m trying to survive, me trying to pip is just part of the game.

• ClogWench

Surviving doesn't equate to pipping though. If you're complaining about it being impossible to rank up that's entirely on you. Your team isn't gonna be top tier and if you can't even single pip usually then that's literally only a reflection of your skills. It's easier than ever right now to rank up to a point a lot of people rank up TOO fast.

• diamonddabs

pipping IS easy, you are correct. But If I join a game with the main goal to pip then it’s no fun because I can’t mess around with the killer and do what I want.

now what my true goal is to survive with as many people without having to do all the work. That’s my issue, it’s annoying and takes the fun away from my game

• ClogWench

Sounds like you need to find a SWF group then.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

I always give people some tips before a game i can say something like " Guys let me do unhooks, dont save me i got a perk etc" and most of the times its like people never read it

• diamonddabs

I’m not even that good I’m more than positive I am lacking, probably chase and altruism because if the game is going south right away then I’ll try getting out via hatch

but I don’t want swf, just randoms who also know what they’re doing.

• ClogWench

Well that's the curse of games like this. There's no solving that.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Just the other night, I double pipped in a game that I died. If you're having trouble climbing ranks, don't play to survive more than play to improve emblems, and make survival more of a secondary objective. Surviving is only a single point more than being alive for 9 minutes (2 points if you manage to never get downed) so it has a pretty low impact on ranking up overall... Even getting 2 safe unhooks is worth more.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

You're playing at low ranks what did you expect? Meanwhile... At rank 1 if your not on too of your game as killer, the gens get done in 3-4 minutes. Yes solo survivors genrush. Just rank up.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I mainly play solo ( I have a friend I like to swf with) Andy I’m rank 4 survivor rank 1 killer, ranking is easy and even solo survivors gen rush.